oneBoro Forum

Brentford V Boro - FA Cup 3rd Round 2-1 (Folarin)

brentford-vs-middlesbrough.png

Nice picture, geezer. What time?

6pm, or for the more militarily inclined among you, 18:00.

How can I watch it?

On the FA Player, and the best thing about that is, it's free! Sign up here. UK only, sorry foreign friends, you'll have to find a dodgy stream. Or maybe it's on TV in your country. I don't know or care.

Edit - *Might* be available outside the UK. The website is a bit unclear on broadcasting restrictions tbh

What about this here coronavirus?

Subject to covid-19 test results, our game will go ahead. Hell, Derby are being forced to still play their match against Chorley with their youth team. Not even a global pandemic can stop a multi-billion pound industry!

So....The FA Cup. Or as it should be known for Boro, The *** All Cup. One final appearance and *that* record breaking (at the time) goal.

What goal?

This goal.

Sorry.

roberts.jpg?w=1000

Worst. Goalkeeper. Ever.

Again, sorry.

But that was almost a quarter of a decade ago (yes, really) and Boro have a new, much better goalkeeper in Marcus Bettinelli...

Ah. Okay. Again, sorry.

Look, things might not be too bad, chances are he'll be rested for this game and our new keeper will have a chance to shine!

Ah...tits.

THE BIG QUESTIONS:

Starting Lineup? Just who will NW rest? Who will he give a chance to? Does NW even care about the FA Cup?

Given everything going on in the world, should this match even be going ahead?

Should we be looking to go on a cup run, or is our playoff challenge more important?

I like bees, do you like bees? Wasps can *** off, though. And Daddy Long Legs. Those *** have no concept of personal space.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I thought their first team were the bees? Very confusing!

On the u23s: Daniel Dodds (RB) was injured I believe in November/ December. Unsure if he's back fit but would be well in with a chance if he is. The Wingers Folarin & Jones will surely b

I was very impressed with Hackney today. 

Posted Images

7 hours ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

On the FA Player, and the best thing about that is, it's free! Sign up here. UK only, sorry foreign friends, you'll have to find a dodgy stream. Or maybe it's on TV in your country. I don't know or care.

Crap. I've signed up but haven't seen anywhere that it's UK only, so I tought I could watch it. It's a dumbass time though as it'll be in the middle of dinner. I'll probably just follow our defeat on here. Brentford are doing very well at the moment but let's hope we can spring a surprise. I'd like a decent FA Cup run. 

27 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Crap. I've signed up but haven't seen anywhere that it's UK only, so I tought I could watch it. It's a dumbass time though as it'll be in the middle of dinner. I'll probably just follow our defeat on here. Brentford are doing very well at the moment but let's hope we can spring a surprise. I'd like a decent FA Cup run. 

Looking at it more thoroughly, and not after drinking an 11% Imperial Stout last night, you may be able to stream outside of the UK. You can certainly sign up, but what happens on matchday I have no idea. I just assumed that with international broadcasting rights it would be limited to the UK. I guess we'll see!

I would go with:

Brynn

Spence Fry Wood Coulson

Wing Morsy

Watmore Roberts Browne

Britt

Hopefully Howson fit for bench and can replace Morsy after an hour. Stick a few kids on bench too.

Dont care about result if am honest. Be nice to watch a game without stressfully breathing every touch.

p.s: A back 5 made up of all academy lads. Uncle Steve will be happy.

• Like 1

Play a full time of local lads if we've got them, that'd be nice to see.

Don't care a jot about the cup this season, we won't get close to winning it and the extra games are an inconvenience, it will only get more inconvenient if other teams start having the troubles Rotherham have had and there are more postponements.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Don't care a jot about the cup this season, we won't get close to winning it and the extra games are an inconvenience

People say that every season. By that reckoning we should never participate in any cups because we will likely never win. We're also never going to win the Premier League so why even bother? Each to their own I guess, but I love a good cup run. Remember the day we knocked Man City out even though we were a CHampionship team? That was class

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, Borodane said:

People say that every season. By that reckoning we should never participate in any cups because we will likely never win. We're also never going to win the Premier League so why even bother? Each to their own I guess, but I love a good cup run. Remember the day we knocked Man City out even though we were a CHampionship team? That was class

I don't say it every season, I'm usually one of the biggest supporters of cup runs.

I'm saying it this season though because it's so congested, our squad is small and most importantly it's not like the fans are there to enjoy it either. Few benefits, plenty of downsides.

I was at that Man City match, it was brilliant, but it wouldn't have meant anywhere near as much watching it played in an empty stadium from home.

• Like 1

I love the magic of the FA Cup, I love a good upset and I'd love us to win it one day.

This season though I don't think it should be happening. Too much fixture congestion and too many games affected by coronavirus outbreaks.

Nice one DZ...very funny (I have a strange fondness for dark / bleak humour).

THE BIG QUESTIONS:

Starting Lineup? Just who will NW rest? Who will he give a chance to? Does NW even care about the FA Cup?

Let the reserves / kids have a run out. Given the league schedule, we really don't need cup games as well. I would imagine the league is NW's top (only?) priority.

Given everything going on in the world, should this match even be going ahead?

I guess if the leagues are, the cup competitions have to as well.

Should we be looking to go on a cup run, or is our playoff challenge more important?

See first answer. Not really expecting us to finish in the play-offs to be honest (we're just too inconsistent), but if we do make top 6, the play-offs will be the cherry on the icing on the cake of a very decent season.

I like bees, do you like bees? Wasps can *** off, though. And Daddy Long Legs. Those *** have no concept of personal space.

No arguments here.

Prediction: Brentford 2 - 0 Boro

16 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

First team players and staff have tested positive for Covid-19.

https://www.mfc.co.uk/news/covid-19-club-returns-positive-tests

Even more reason to put out a scratch side.

No preparation or training beforehand, players missing, not worth risking injuries.

Knowing our luck the players that tested positive will be all the fringe guys forcing us to play people we'd rather rest.

• Haha 1

There is mass tesing of all Championship teams this week I understand Derby have confirmed they will be playing youth players against Chorley.

Just hope this does not signal many cancellations this week edging towards suspending the league

• Like 1