oneBoro Forum

Brentford V Boro - FA Cup 3rd Round 2-1 (Folarin)

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I thought their first team were the bees? Very confusing!

On the u23s: Daniel Dodds (RB) was injured I believe in November/ December. Unsure if he's back fit but would be well in with a chance if he is. The Wingers Folarin & Jones will surely b

I was very impressed with Hackney today. 

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Be honest, who didn't see this coming?

We all did, but it's not unusual. But that doesn't mean you shut everything down. Isolate the incidents and move on. In 7-10 days I think they are back. That's the upside of testing regularly.

Depending on when they first shown symptoms, some could be back for the Birmingham game. Otherwise it's only an FA cup game and the Birmingham game missed so could be a lot worse. Let's just hope those who have COVID have mild symptoms and recover fine.

The testing was done on Monday so yeah they should be back for Birmingham as that's after the 10 days. Also now they had it they can't get it again can they! So is kind of the best moment to get it really. 

Good opportunity to play the youngsters and not be subject to an investigation by the FA for not taking their competition seriously. In fact the timing of it could hardly have been better. Previously I had suspected Derby were up to the same thing with their current survival plight.

• Like 1

1. Starting Lineup? Just who will NW rest? Who will he give a chance to? Does NW even care about the FA Cup?

Depends on who's caught COVID, but I think our starting XI will be a team of fringe players like Wing and Wood, with the odd McNair inserted here and there for structural stability. Warnock might give Brynn a shot in goal, or even this Archer kid if he's eligible to play. Does Warnock care about the FA Cup? Of course he does, he's a football fan. But it's not his priority, and it's not what he was brought into the club to focus on.

2. Given everything going on in the world, should this match even be going ahead?

I think it should, yes. Football is a welcome distraction for people having a difficult time, and if it lets fans of smaller clubs dream of glory for a few days, it'll stop them worrying about money or health for a bit. We all desperately need good things in our lives right now, and if this game wasn't going ahead, I'd have spent the last ten minutes actually working instead of writing this, which is considerably more fun.

3. Should we be looking to go on a cup run, or is our playoff challenge more important?

Normally, I'd see a cup run as a potential path to glory, but this season - and for this season alone - I'd be quite happy if we fell at the first hurdle. Finishing the league season will be enough of a challenge. If we win, though, I'm immediately going to start saving up for a half-and-half Wembley scarf.

4. I like bees, do you like bees? Wasps can *** off, though. And Daddy Long Legs. Those *** have no concept of personal space.

Yes! Other people recognise what absolute w*****s daddy long legs are! I hate them more than wasps (the insects, not the rugby club). Bees are awesome, though. The Mrs works for a company whose Canary Wharf HQ has beehives on its roof, and we put loads of flowers in the garden each spring to attract them. Weirdly, my toddler is terrified of bees, but likes spiders and slugs. To each their own, I guess. 

• Like 3

Simple prediction of victory here... victory that is for Brentford!😈

With numbers decimated we may see the club turn to children to make up the numbers. There are strong rumours we have a 9 year old academy player who looks more solid than Bettinelli. Anyway, defeat it is. 3-0 Brentford.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
1 minute ago, TheJew said:

With numbers decimated we may see the club turn to children to make up the numbers. There are strong rumours we have a 9 year old academy player who looks more solid than Bettinelli. Anyway, defeat it is. 3-0 Brentford.

We also have a U11 Left midfield with a better beard than Coulson

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Warnock has made it clear he's going to throw the game. The only chance we have is if Brentford want to throw the game more. If they have a real passion and desire to throw the game....

As others have said, normally I'm up for a good cup run. But not this year.  

• Like 1

I'm glad this game is available for free is all I can say 😆.  As it's going to kinda be Brentford u23s Vs Middlesbrough u23s especially after the Covid outbreak plus as we saw earlier in season with loss to Barnsley in the league cup 2nd round Warnock wants to throw the game. To focus on the league and the promotion push.  Meanwhile Brentford be playing bad side as they had their cup experience in league cup aren't going to want cup distraction when they try for automatic promotion. 

3 hours ago, TheJew said:

baby animal penguin GIF

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1