oneBoro Forum

Brentford V Boro - FA Cup 3rd Round 2-1 (Folarin)

7 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I'd be disappointed if any handball had been given against us but I'd accept it if it was the right call. I'm just not sure whether it was right or wrong. Obviously the lad hasn't intentionally kicked it against his hand but his arm is out as he receives it and that's always risky for a defending player in their own penalty area. 

Was a definite pen for me. Ricocheting off the defenders own foot like that and with the arm out. Without doubt a pen. I even think the rules specifically say that when the ball comes off the defender and the arm is above the waist then it’s a pen. Very bad refereeing. 

• Like 2
  • Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I thought their first team were the bees? Very confusing!

On the u23s: Daniel Dodds (RB) was injured I believe in November/ December. Unsure if he's back fit but would be well in with a chance if he is. The Wingers Folarin & Jones will surely b

I was very impressed with Hackney today. 

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, RiseAgainst said:

The magic of the cup is in short supply tonight. Awful injury to Browne, we're losing, and there are no fans in the stadium. If we end up a player down for the rest of the season, it'll have been a very expensive game.

My thoughts exactly, even if we go on to win.

Just now, RiseAgainst said:

The magic of the cup is in short supply tonight. Awful injury to Browne, we're losing, and there are no fans in the stadium. If we end up a player down for the rest of the season, it'll have been a very expensive game.

It could have happened in any game or even in training, he’s a fringe player and he was given a chance to shine. 

2 minutes ago, thomas said:

I think give it 15-20 mins and start putting kids on in second half for crucial players first team players. We really cant afford to lose any more first team players as we have got to think of the Birmingham game next week as well. I am not saying deliberately lose the game deliberately but tell the youngsters to give it everything and see what happens.....might be surprised as I don't think under Warnock they'll just give it everything and not play with any fear. 

Kinda disappointed we played any first teamers to be honest. The worst case has happened and I hope the rest are taken off soon.

• Like 1

To me it looked like his old habits were starting to creep back in with niggly fouls and a bit of petulance. I think he would have had to be subbed at some point to avoid a sending off if it hadn't been for his knee giving way. Shame for the lad because there is something there.

Dislocated knee cap. So as long as no ligaments were damaged shouldn’t be too long to come back

Shame for Browne, just started to find a way into the team after his most recent injury. The way Warnock has elevated the performance levels of Bola/Dijksteel I'd expect him to be able to do the same with Browne.

So although we haven't seen loads from Browne, I do think that'll be a big blow for us. Maybe not a hugely in your face blow, (like if Bola or McNair was injured) but one of those that can tip the balance one way or another, when other players are out injured/suspended.

If that makes any sense?

• Like 1