oneBoro Forum

Brentford V Boro - FA Cup 3rd Round 2-1 (Folarin)

I’d like to see a fairly strong team, we need to keep momentum going, we missed a game over Christmas and we’re rubbish in the next game, even though the players had had a rest. 

Warnock won’t agree because he doesn’t rate the FA cup, but it would be great to go on a run and get a televised pay day against a decent prem team. 

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I thought their first team were the bees? Very confusing!

On the u23s: Daniel Dodds (RB) was injured I believe in November/ December. Unsure if he's back fit but would be well in with a chance if he is. The Wingers Folarin & Jones will surely b

I was very impressed with Hackney today. 

Posted Images

14 hours ago, DurhamRed said:

I'm glad this game is available for free is all I can say 😆.  As it's going to kinda be Brentford u23s Vs Middlesbrough u23s especially after the Covid outbreak plus as we saw earlier in season with loss to Barnsley in the league cup 2nd round Warnock wants to throw the game. To focus on the league and the promotion push.  Meanwhile Brentford be playing bad side as they had their cup experience in league cup aren't going to want cup distraction when they try for automatic promotion. 

Brentford don't have an u23s, they have a B squad

• Haha 2
16 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Warnock sounds more up for it than I expected, I wonder whether Gibson had a word and stressed that he takes the cups seriously. 

Honestly Warnock with his age and the football environment he has developed in, the FA cup probably still means something to him.

1 minute ago, Brunners said:

Honestly Warnock with his age and the football environment he has developed in, the FA cup probably still means something to him.

Just sounds like he's changed his tune since the fan forum where he said we weren't going to win it and he might just play the kids.

Which was well before the Covid outbreak.

• Like 1

The plus side is it's a chance to see some of the young lads against a decent side, even if Brentford field a few of their own youngsters. 

There's a handful of our U23s who've had a bit of noise surrounding them, so it's a chance for them to perform, and perhaps in an easier situation with no fans.

• Like 1

You know at Cardiff he never won a cup game so kinda take this with pinch of salt 

42 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Warnock sounds more up for it than I expected, I wonder whether Gibson had a word and stressed that he takes the cups seriously. 

On the u23s:

Daniel Dodds (RB) was injured I believe in November/ December. Unsure if he's back fit but would be well in with a chance if he is.

The Wingers Folarin & Jones will surely be involved given the proximity they've had to the 1st team squad already.

We already know about  Nathan Wood and surely he will play if available. If Mcnair is one of the lads out then perhaps Jack Robinson will make an appearance. Left footed CB who, like McNair, takes a lot of free kicks and corners.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Warnock inadvertently confirmed Paddy has covid so wont be involved. But thankfully Paddy has no symptoms.

Also confirmed he looking forward to how Nathan Wood does v one of best attacks in league so I imagine him and Fry will be your CBs.

Also confirmed Howson wont be risked but should be available for bench v Birmingham.