oneBoro Forum

Brentford V Boro - FA Cup 3rd Round 2-1 (Folarin)

Yeah thought Spence had a good game at Rb. 
Hackney did himself no harm with tonight’s performance. Put him self about and grew into the game. Got to remember though that there team was also significantly weaker tonight. Probably more so then ours.

• Like 2
  • Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I thought their first team were the bees? Very confusing!

On the u23s: Daniel Dodds (RB) was injured I believe in November/ December. Unsure if he's back fit but would be well in with a chance if he is. The Wingers Folarin & Jones will surely b

I was very impressed with Hackney today. 

Posted Images

Spence did play well, and I'm more than happy with him as back up to Dijksteel.

I do think we need a versatile to defender who can cover left back though, if Bola gets injured or Covid we'll leak goals like a sieve with Coulson there.

• Like 2

Stats show shots on target 3 - 9. While we did well with the volume the quality is obviously a challenge. Like I stated before the game and during, I was disinterested in the cup game because I fear it might derail our league effort or worse injury. Thankfully it takes the pressure off watching the game and although I thought it scrappy it was by no means disappointing. I thought players gathered around Browne showed empathy for each other, which shows a team bonded, a positive which will serve us well. 

Edited by sanddancer
  • Like 2

Not really bothered by the result. The player who created the two bits of class for them to win the game has more than enough professional experience compared to the majority of players out there.

Feel sorry for Hackney he did so well but you’re still going to struggle when your partner in midfield is Lewis Wing. I hope most fans realise now why he was plying his trade at Shildon three years ago. I’d prefer to see Hackney on the bench instead since there’s actual potential there!

I think big credit needs to be given to Bola for still playing to his ability whilst also captaining the team, I’m so excited to continue seeing his development. I think unfortunately Wood was at fault for the second goal he committed and left the space for Ghoddos to exploit but he’s still only 19 he’s learning and he still won everything in the air and is an excellent ball playing defender, definitely living up to the hype around him.

I think tonight we’ve all seen why Roberts is not starting a game, he offered nothing going forward and if anything he was a liability defensively, couldn’t tackle, couldn’t stay with his man and didn’t even challenge for a header (I know he’s short but there were some he could’ve attempted), I think Chuba started well but faded due to the lack of connection between midfield.

Coulson wasn’t great very disappointed in his lack of development but I thought Spence had a very good game and is definitely nailed onto the first 18 spots. Folarin did himself no harm with his goal and performance but his first touch needs work.

Overall I think some players did well and have put themselves in the picture to be in and around the first team, but some players I think have unfortunately pushed themselves closer to the door.

• Like 4
10 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Spence did play well, and I'm more than happy with him as back up to Dijksteel.

I do think we need a versatile to defender who can cover left back though, if Bola gets injured or Covid we'll leak goals like a sieve with Coulson there.

Warnock mentioned in his conference yesterday, that he’s perhaps like to get in a defender who can cover centrally and full back.

All in all, we did not do too badly, their goalkeeper was excellent and I would even say that he might be worth bidding for at the end of the season rather than persisting with Bettinelli, thought Wood, Spence, Bola and Chuba did well, Wing was alright for the most part, Tav same, Hackney looked as though he belonged and Folarin looks a bit raw but worth throwing on for last 15 till he matures, Archer didn't really stand much of chance with either goal and defence seemed comfortable with him. Roberts didn't really make most of his chance but maybe his heart just isn't in it. Coulson showed that he needs more game time at right end of pitch and Browne did well until injury. Not too disappointed with result as we would no doubt have been drawn away to a southern Prem club in 4th round, so more positives than negatives overall.    

Warnock said Browne injury is hopefully a dislocated kneecap and not a ligament injury. If it is former he will be out for few weeks and if latter then obviously longer. Will no more once he had a scan on Monday.

fingers crossed for the lad. I feel he could be an important player as season goes on so speedy recovery for him hopefully.

9 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

I cant seem to find much on Warnocks post match presser.

He say anything of note?

Thank you in advance.

I searched myself and didn’t find anything to be fair. It’s hard to comment  on the game giving both teams are ravaged with the virus. I think we had what four first team players out there.

If any thing I expect NW to give a update on the injury, praise the fringe players, comment on our nine shots on target, a lax moment giving away the goals and looking forward and preparing for our next game. Hang on I’ll send him a copy over and save him time. 

There was a fair amount of first team quality in our team. Some of it shifted about a bit but I wouldn't say we were ravaged like some sides were. We had a debutant keeper who has plenty of experience at this level and a young debutant in midfield but other than that, there wasn't that much to say about our team that we wouldn't have expected if we were at full strength coming into this game.

I thought we played well for large parts of the game, thought we at least deserved to go to extra time, created plenty of opportunities, the finish was just not quite there. Brentford managed to get a few blocks in too.

Individually, Wood, Wing and Tav all played really well. Some of Wing's passing tonight was absolutely sublime. And considering it being his first game, Hackney didn't look out of place at all in the midfield.

On the other end of the spectrum, Coulson looked like he was trying too hard to shine on his own, he had a couple of decent runs but on a few occasions just didn't seem to acknowledge the right ball to play, towards the end, he seemed to have one thought in his mind and it was to score, the chance was just never really on for him. I still really like him as a player but I don't think he's done himself any favours in this game.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Donnyboro said:

Would’ve liked to see it go extra time with the young ones on. Thought hackney did well can see him having a football league future 👍. Should’ve not lost the game with the chances we created but same problems we suffered last season and beginning of this one final ball and finishing was awful

If we'd had the Young Ones on, we'd probably have won it in normal time...that Vyvyan was a bit mental!

the young ones time GIF

Edited by AnglianRed
  • Haha 1