Jump to content
oneBoro Forum

Brentford V Boro - FA Cup 3rd Round 2-1 (Folarin)


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I thought their first team were the bees? Very confusing!

On the u23s: Daniel Dodds (RB) was injured I believe in November/ December. Unsure if he's back fit but would be well in with a chance if he is. The Wingers Folarin & Jones will surely b

I was very impressed with Hackney today. 

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

              Brynn

Spence Fry Wood Kokolo (!)

       Morsy Hackney

Folarin  Tav Jones

           Burrell

 

Probably entirely wrong 🤣

Burell would be nice, plus the likes of Dodds on the bench

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

              Brynn

Spence Fry Wood Kokolo (!)

       Morsy Hackney

Folarin  Tav Jones

           Burrell

 

Probably entirely wrong 🤣

He said he playing strongest team. He said possible and there will be 7 subs and thus taking a team of 18. Also said half or just above will be 1st teamers.

from all the above i would expect 8/9 first teamers to start and bench to be kids.

  • Wow 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

---------- Archer

Spence ---- Wood ---- Fry ----- Coulson

 ------ Jones ---- Wing ---- Tavernier 

Folarin --- Akpom ---- Browne

 

I'll go for that, but I expect more academy players to start.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, TLF10 said:

He said he playing strongest team. He said possible and there will be 7 subs and thus taking a team of 18. Also said half or just above will be 1st teamers.

from all the above i would expect 8/9 first teamers to start and bench to be kids.

Hmm. Well seeing as our next league fixture isn't until the 16th (Birmingham rematch) I guess he wants to keep the first-teamers match fit.

If any of them start looking tired he can always pull them off early.

Still think Brentford will be too good for us, but it'll be a closer game. Have to say I'm still not really bothered by this one and may give it a miss.

 

Edited by AnglianRed
Link to post
Share on other sites

tbh im totally confused as to whether the match is going ahead at this time. i hears it was off due to a virus in our camp but at present its scheduled for a 6 30 pm kick off, later than the original 3.oo time. i can sympathise with the FA in one way ,as they will be pressured to get the ties sorted and next round fixtures lined up faster than normal years due to the shortened season and the 10 day quarantine period is a big problem in doing so, hence teams in our position may be forced into a corner of having to field second string based starting 11s. it would help if we actually had names for the players affected that are not available to start when guessing the starting line up but knowing our history with the authorities on not fulfilling the game , putting out a second string 11 is better than being kicked out the competition or being docked points. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Essuuaitch said:

tbh im totally confused as to whether the match is going ahead at this time. i hears it was off due to a virus in our camp but at present its scheduled for a 6 30 pm kick off, later than the original 3.oo time. i can sympathise with the FA in one way ,as they will be pressured to get the ties sorted and next round fixtures lined up faster than normal years due to the shortened season and the 10 day quarantine period is a big problem in doing so, hence teams in our position may be forced into a corner of having to field second string based starting 11s. it would help if we actually had names for the players affected that are not available to start when guessing the starting line up but knowing our history with the authorities on not fulfilling the game , putting out a second string 11 is better than being kicked out the competition or being docked points. 

As far as I’m aware it’s going ahead, I haven’t seen anything to suggest it’s been scrapped 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Essuuaitch said:

tbh im totally confused as to whether the match is going ahead at this time. i hears it was off due to a virus in our camp but at present its scheduled for a 6 30 pm kick off, later than the original 3.oo time. i can sympathise with the FA in one way ,as they will be pressured to get the ties sorted and next round fixtures lined up faster than normal years due to the shortened season and the 10 day quarantine period is a big problem in doing so, hence teams in our position may be forced into a corner of having to field second string based starting 11s. it would help if we actually had names for the players affected that are not available to start when guessing the starting line up but knowing our history with the authorities on not fulfilling the game , putting out a second string 11 is better than being kicked out the competition or being docked points. 

Also, it was always meant to be a 6pm kick off I believe. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m getting ‘no fixtures to display’.....

 

edit to say I’ve just noticed it confirms ‘uk only’. I’m in aus, so I’m out.

Edited by Hewie
Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

Father FA player seems to be working now, panic over, let’s all enjoy the magic of the cup!

I've been accepted using a VPN yet I can't get it to work?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Latest Posts

    • DZ has already hinted that Fry may be off, perhaps he’s one of the players that doesn’t want to be at the club. 
    • I feel sorry for Johnson, was playing really well before Christmas, creating and scoring. Loan players come in, he doesn’t get a look in and we are worse for it. Spence and Coulson often get called out, alongside the strikers.   I wouldn’t be surprised if Brit, Johnson, Akpom, Coulson and Fletcher are all pretty peed off and want away.  I’m still supportive of Warnock but he needs to take some responsibility. The loan signings seem to have disrupted the team spirit. Too many all at once? Too many straight into the team? He clearly doesn’t rate any of our strikers and Fletcher annoyed him getting injured again when he said he was fit and not signing a new contract.  Such a disappointing end to the season 
    • Just had a snoop in the Norwich club website to see if there was anything "official". Seems like it is an obligation to buy upon promotion rather than an option.
    • The last 4 years have been genuinely horrendous but I can’t agree that this is worse than it was under Pulis. I mean under Pulis there were times we played a flat back 5 of shotton, ayala, flint, friend, Saville. 4 plodders in midfield and Britt stood up top with literally no one within 50 yards of him.  At least this season Neil’s brought a bit of flair in general played people in their actual positions. Admittedly he appears to have lost his *** In this respect in the last few games. I’m not making a case for Warnock’s long term vision by the way, whatever the *** that is. Just that he is marginally less crap than Pulis.
    • Warnock was never going to be the long-term solution, with him in charge expect another mid-table finish next season at best. We'll be lucky not to finish in the bottom half this season, tbh.

×
×
  • Create New...