oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Birmingham 0-1

image.png.79f877524abdf4538600818b327eb59b.png

Middlesbrough vs Birmingham
                                         Saturday 16th December – 12:30 pm (Sky Sports)

Riverside Stadium

The current standings:
Boro find themselves in a healthy 7th position, 1-point shy of the playoffs and 7 points shy of an automatic spot. Birmingham on the other hand are having a disaster of a season, currently on a freefall into the relegation zone after 4 losses and 1 draw in their last 5 games. Evidence would suggest that this should be an easy Boro win, but we all know that’s not the Middlesbrough way.

image.png.9e093e4d94178881ce0fb79a1597ceb4.png

What do the stats say?

Boro have the fifth highest Expected Goals (xG) in the championship, as well as the lowest Expected Goals Against (xGA). These statistics bode extremely well for Boro as we're creating lots of chances coupled with having arguably the best defence in the league.

image.png.dd60a5561479a59c5b6ef653d6af2e4c.png          image.png.c7c222015a063999fc318f198adcb5be.png

Birmingham on the other hand are well, a bit of a disaster really. None of us would expect a Karanka team to be high up in the expected goals stats, but to find themselves 22nd in expected goals is a worrying sign. Even more worrying though is that they're ranked 8th for Expected Goals against, if a Karanka team can't keep clean sheets and grind out wins, what can it do? These statistics coupled with the fact we beat them 4-1 away from home, would suggest this should be an easy Middlesbrough win. However we've all followed this team and league long enough to know there's no such thing.

image.png.5bd98d6927e91752e248d8296d51350d.pngimage.png.ecf5704c9a488ad84f8aab01d0aedb9d.png

Expected Birmingham lineup (according to the fans at https://wewilljourneyon.proboards.com )

image.png.9e4fd3875024ec88de3a8737376377a0.png

image.thumb.png.00a81ea1ce84cf1b68788a6c102f4a65.png

image.png

image.thumb.png.6cbbabbaab1b5c83f9f4c86d6d1f1260.png

Question time:

1. What are your top 3 favourite moments/memories from the Karanka era?

2. Do you think we'll have any incomings/outgoings by the time this game comes around?

3. You have to choose any Boro player for each of the below scenarios, who are you choosing for each one?
- Surviving a zombie apocalypse with:
- Dinner date:
- Trapped on a tropical island with:
- Prime minister:
- Future Boro manager:

4. Who has been your top three players of the season so far?

5. Is Twix a chocolate bar or a chocolate biscuit?

• Like 12
  • Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Middlesbrough vs Birmingham                                          Saturday 16th December – 12:30 pm (Sky Sports)                                                                      Riverside Sta

😉

I can only see another win here. As much as i like Karanka. Brum just isn't the team for him. 4 - 0 Boro.   What are your top 3 favourite moments/memories from the Karanka era? The Brig

Posted Images

Excellent post my man.

Top 3 Karanka moments for me all came in promotion winning season. The 3 nil win at Brighton, the Return of AK v Hull and that last minute winner by Nugent (i went mental) and of course the final day (will live long in the memory).

I dont think we will before Saturday. In all honesty if we dont lose anyone i think we only need one fast direct winger. Albeit I ideally want Britt moved on and replaced with someone Warnock can use more effectively

i dont know if you meant any boro player or just current ones. I will assume former. Festa, Friend for a date, JFH on a island. Mogga for PM and erm return of Woodgate?

Dijksteel, Paddy and Fry. Honourable mention to Bola n Tav for being much improved. But first 3 make a huge difference when they in the team.

Should be a biscuit but in my head its a chocolate bar. If they stop selling it as a single item and in a pack i think it would not be seen as a chocolate bar.

I know u did not ask but my team for Saturday:

Bettinelli

Dijk Fry Paddy Bola

Tav Morsy Sav Marv

Watmore Akpom

Or 4.2.3.1 with Tav Watmore and Marv behind Akpom. Hopefully bench will be boosted by return of Howson.

I got a feeling AK gonna screw us over but i will go with heart over head. 2 nil to us with Akpom and Sav on score sheet.

• Like 1

Great opening post Weasel 👏👏👏

1. What are your top 3 favourite moments/memories from the Karanka era?

i) Final Match day v Brighton

ii) Beating Millwall 5-1 Vossen Hattrick

iii) Beating Man City 2-0 

2. Do you think we'll have any incomings/outgoings by the time this game comes around?

No, this window is going to be a long, difficult slog

Mad Dog Pogatetz
- Dinner date:

Gazza

Gorgeous George
- Prime minister:

Neil Warnock
- Future Boro manager:

Gorgeous George

Paddy, Watmore, & Tav

5. Is Twix a chocolate bar or a chocolate biscuit?

It goes well with a cup of tea, therefore it’s a biscuit 

10 hours ago, Weasel said:

Question time:

3. You have to choose any Boro player for each of the below scenarios, who are you choosing for each one?
- Dinner date:
- Prime minister:
- Future Boro manager:

1. Brighton at home in the promotion season, Brighton away in the promotion season and Brentford at home in the play-off season. Honourable mentions to City away, Bamford's feint away and goal against Ipswich and the team goal we scored when we turned into 'Boro'celona for a minute (Bamford vs Millwall).
2. No, think we'll see more movement at the back end of the month.
3. Barry Robson (Apocalypse) I reckon he'd fight about 30 zombies at a time, Southgate (Dinner Date) seems an intelligent bloke so conversation would be decent, Gascoigne (Tropical Island) you'd never have a dull moment, George Friend (PM) seems a sensible bloke and Ben Gibson (Future Boro Manager) I can see Ben coming back to the club in some capacity and we know Uncle Gibson loves local lads.
4. Dijksteel, Bola and McNair would be my top 3. But there are others that have upped their game too, Saville, Johnson and Fry.
5. I reckon it's a chocolate biscuit, hasn't it got biscuit in it?

1. What are your top 3 favourite moments/memories from the Karanka era?

Number one is unquestionably the 1-1 against Brighton, I don't think we'll experience an atmosphere like that again for a long time. Amazing day. Then I'd have to go for the ultimate scrappy Forshaw last minute winner against Reading, followed by the 2-0 over Man City in the Cup.

Yes, I think 1 will come in, though I'm going off gut rather than anything solid.

3. You have to choose a Boro player for each of the below scenarios, who are you choosing for each one?
- Dinner date:
- Prime minister:
- Future Boro manager:

1. Sam Morsy, he seems like the hard man of the squad now.

2. Lewis Wing, cheeky trip to Nandos in Teesside Park.

3. Assombalonga, always got a smile on his face so he might stave off the madness for longest.

4. Duncan Watmore, seems like the most high brow member of the squad and would seem the least out of place in politics.

5. Howson, oldest member and he'll be retiring soonest.

4. Who have been your top three players of the season so far?

Dijksteel, McNair, Bola

Honourable mention to Marvin Johnson.

5. Is Twix a chocolate bar or a chocolate biscuit?

Chocolate bar

If there is ever a team you want to play when you are on a terrible run it’s Boro. Think I might put the mortgage on a Brum win although Warnock vs Karbala sounds like a nil nil snooze fest.

Great post op

does anyone dunk a twin?

3 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

If there is ever a team you want to play when you are on a terrible run it’s Boro. Think I might put the mortgage on a Brum win although Warnock vs Karbala sounds like a nil nil snooze fest.

Great post op

does anyone dunk a twin?

No. But I do not the ends of the twix then use it like a straw. The tea melts the caramel so when you it eat, it’s a taste sensation 😋

I URGE ALL TO TRY IT 👍

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, Uwe said:

No. But I do not the ends of the twix then use it like a straw. The tea melts the caramel so when you it eat, it’s a taste sensation 😋

I URGE ALL TO TRY IT 👍

I am a professional fat ***. It has already been done 😂😂😂

• Haha 2

It doesn't get much easier than this. Karanka will be after revenge and I still vividly remember his Forest side dismantling us here.

Many looking at this expect a Boro win, but surprisingly all I see is defeat!

Clearly back on a roll with predictions, I'm going for a 3 nil away win.

• Haha 1
25 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

Great post op

does anyone dunk a twin?

Ah yes just like that 0-0 snooze fest the other week..

2 minutes ago, TheJew said:

It doesn't get much easier than this. Karanka will be after revenge and I still vividly remember his Forest side dismantling us here.

Many looking at this expect a Boro win, but surprisingly all I see is defeat!

Clearly back on a roll with predictions, I'm going for a 3 nil away win.

Cup game is over with, we're back to normal procedure now.

bitch slap GIF

• Haha 2
  • Thanks 1

Question time:

Jeez...I can't remember that far back! Um...getting promoted? Apart from that its all rather hazy now...

2. Do you think we'll have any incomings / outgoings by the time this game comes around?

Given the rumours surrounding Britt's impending departure, I'd hope we have a replacement for him signed up.

Sam Morsy looks like he'd be happy to charge hordes of the undead with a chainsaw and flamethrower.

- Dinner date: 

What are you trying to suggest, like...that I'm into fellas? Okay, I'll go with the obvious choice - George Friend.

- Prime minister: 

Gareth Southgate...a born leader of men (and women) if ever there was one. 

- Future Boro manager:

Not necessarily management material, but I think a spell under Ravanelli would be fun. Would also love to see how we'd turn out under TLF.

Tavernier, McNair and Dijksteel

Chocolate bar...with biscuit in, much like the biscuit & raisin Yorkie bar.

Edited by AnglianRed

1. What are your top 3 favourite moments/memories from the Karanka era?

The away match at Brighton when Stuani scored and The Special One watched from the stands. 

The FA cup match against Man City when we used to actually care about such things. 

That Boro-celona goal against Millwall. 

I wouldn’t have thought so. 

Surviving a zombie apocalypse with: Tony McAndrew, He’d keep going even if his limbs were falling off. 

Dinner date: Branco, we’d get through a lot of food as he told me stories about the classic 80’s Brazil players. 

Trapped on a tropical island with: Jim Platt very reliable and quite quiet. 

Prime minister: Jordan Rhodes, he must be good at something, surely!

Future Boro manager: Jimmy Floyd, he’d sort out our forward line. 

4. Who have been your top three players of the season so far?

Howson, Dijksteel and Johnson

5. Is Twix a chocolate bar or a chocolate biscuit?

Undoubtedly a chocolate biscuit.