oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Birmingham 0-1

3 minutes ago, Smokedsalmon said:

The problem is not the front 3 (although Wing is terrible), it's that whenever we get the ball the FIRST thought in their minds is to look up and see if they can launch it into the channel for Akpom. That is literally the game plan. The most basic, blunt, brute-force football possible. And it's grim.

Why have a midfield if you're not going to use it?

Maybe NW thinks of them as a second line of defenders?

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Middlesbrough vs Birmingham                                          Saturday 16th December – 12:30 pm (Sky Sports)                                                                      Riverside Sta

😉

I can only see another win here. As much as i like Karanka. Brum just isn't the team for him. 4 - 0 Boro.   What are your top 3 favourite moments/memories from the Karanka era? The Brig

Posted Images

Just now, Neverbefore said:

We start like this a lot though. We've had plenty of first halves like this all season, it's nothing new.

That doesn't change how detrimental the illness and lack of training will be.

This is probably one of our worst first halfs this season, it's not just a slow start.

Just now, AnglianRed said:

Why have a midfield if you're not going to use it?

Maybe NW thinks of them as a second line of defenders?

I think it's more likely that NW is a limited manager who plays limited football with limited footballers and gets half-decent results in a league full of limited teams.

But don't let anyone hear you passing that one on. He gives funny press conferences, don't you know?!

• Haha 1
Just now, TeaCider24 said:

That doesn't change how detrimental the illness and lack of training will be.

This is probably one of our worst first halfs this season, it's not just a slow start.

It absolutely is one of the worst. But it's also a general pattern we've seen on a regular basis this season. If you look through previous match day threads, we've been calling for multiple changes at half time more often than not.

• Like 1

This is honestly one of the worst performances that I can remember from a Boro team over the last 5 years and that’s saying something. Absolutely zero intent to attack. Everything booted long. *** tactics. Boring!