oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Birmingham 0-1

Well I was expecting a difficult game...but I wasn't expecting Boro to be as bad as they've been.

We had 3 set pieces where we looked dangerous and came close to scoring. Apart from that we've been abysmal. 

We can't pass, (McNair apart), can't defend, keep passing back to the keeper when there are other options and just looked lethargic and clueless.

Got to be a contender for worst 45 minutes of the season.

Surely (hopefully) we can only be better 2nd half? NW needs to bang some heads together in the dressing room.

• Like 1
  • Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Middlesbrough vs Birmingham                                          Saturday 16th December – 12:30 pm (Sky Sports)                                                                      Riverside Sta

😉

I can only see another win here. As much as i like Karanka. Brum just isn't the team for him. 4 - 0 Boro.   What are your top 3 favourite moments/memories from the Karanka era? The Brig

Posted Images

Karanka has got his tactics, spot on, stopping us playing midfield with a high press and pushing his full backs forward, we cannot handle it. I expect Warnock to counter this in the second half, take off Wing, push Tav into the middle and Watmore out wide, that will do it. Shocking performance so far p, can only get better

• Like 2

Not 1 single player for us can get any sort of credit from that sh*t show 1st half performance.

Completely out fought, so no player should be singled out for that 1st half performance. (Sorry wing and marvinho boo boys).

Changes need to be had at half time, but unfortunately I don't think it will happen just yet.

• Like 1

What did Warnock say to the players before the game?

“Right lads boot the ball as far as you can every single time you get it”

These tactics are so so so poor. It’s horrible to watch. If local football was still on, I’d rather go and watch that. There’s be more football played, that’s for sure. 

Can’t wait for the second half to peter out and nothing happen in the second half and see Roberts and Watmore come on in the 92nd minute. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

I'm blaming @Uwe and I'm sticking by that! 

Well I tried being pessimistic and even that didn't work, so I think I'm off the hook for this one.

Uwe must've put a sneaky bet on... 😠

None of this is about individual performances, for me. We've been done by Brum's positive full-backs overrunning us and dictating the position of our wingers, we need to change something to win the tactical battle before we can really judge individual performances. I think our set-up is really selling us short right now. The likes of Johnson and Tav in particular have had little chance to do anything in the game because they've spent so much of the game defending.

Be fair about our defending, Brum have had what... two clear cut chances? One being the goal which was a pretty well-worked move from them, one from when we were defending in the full-back area and got done in a 1v2 situation. They have had control of the game but they haven't actually created a huge amount. We are defending alright when it reaches our own box at least. It's just how we are having to defend tactically and how that's killing our ability to get forward and it means the game is only going one way.

• Like 2

Watmores pace should cause these trouble, we all know Friend has no legs and Harlee Dean and San Jose aren't exactly bags of pace either.

Think Wing had a bit of a raw deal that half, everything just constantly going over his head (Saville too, to an extent), but I'd still take him off, put Tav central and Watmore out wide and see if we can get something going that way. Try and play more football too, because if it also just goes over Tavs head too, it'll be pointless.

Yeah, wing off, chuck tav in the middle. After that we can bring on watmore or Roberts, cause friend isn’t pushing up really.

They haven’t really had many chances. One really good bit of play has gotten them in front. Still in this