oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Birmingham 0-1

Anyone notice in the first half in particular we did not close down when they tried to play out from the back? how many times have we seen us nick it high up the pitch and look dangerous. I feel like had we tried to get on the front foot straight away and got that goal wed of beaten these easily as theyd of collapsed, waiting till they score before we start is suicide against a karanka team even one as out of form as Brum as we all know.  

• Like 1
  • Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Middlesbrough vs Birmingham                                          Saturday 16th December – 12:30 pm (Sky Sports)                                                                      Riverside Sta

😉

I can only see another win here. As much as i like Karanka. Brum just isn't the team for him. 4 - 0 Boro.   What are your top 3 favourite moments/memories from the Karanka era? The Brig

Posted Images

Well...we got exactly what we deserved from that.

We got well and truly Karanka-ed today. Looked slow, disorganised and lacking ideas. Technically awful too (aside from those set pieces). 

Only positive is that bad games generally don't turn into losing streaks, so hopefully they will buck their ideas up for the next game.

5 minutes ago, Alves car salesman said:

Warnock got the excuses ready rather than blame the players im sure. 

Well the manager names the team and sets the tactics, so he has to take some of the blame too. Everyone needs slapping with a wet fish today.

2 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

There’s no excuse for the fact we continued to hoof the ball to players who were clearly incapable of winning a single header. How is a manager as experienced as Warnock not spotting that and telling them 

Because that’s what Warnock wants them to do!

Just now, thomas said:

Anyone notice in the first half in particular we did not close down when they tried to play out from the back? how many times have we seen us nick it high up the pitch and look dangerous. I feel like had we tried to get on the front foot straight away and got that goal wed of beaten these easily as theyd of collapsed, waiting till they score before we start is suicide against a karanka team even one as out of form as Brum as we all know.  

Yeah we lacked intensity, but that could be down to the effects of COVID. 

1 minute ago, BoroSmoggie said:

Why are we genuinely paying a part of Roberts wages from city? Like why is he here? Send him back.

Because Warnock is a stubborn *** that wants to prove a point. 

1 minute ago, SmogDane said:

I'm baffled that we kept playing hopeless long balls ... Is it what NW wants, even when it doesn't work? Or is it the players that keep doing it, cause they ha ENT got imagination or vision to do any better?

Everyone watching this could see, that it would be a Winable game, if we kept calm and kept the ball on the floor...

I kept shouting at the tv, keep it on the deck. You would have ithought t was Brum at the top end and us at the bottom of the table. 

Shocking Display!

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, White Band said:

Are we allowed to boo Karanka for that?  Seems the Riverside is his fortress.  

The Riverside Stadium...also known as Casa del Karanka. 😉

I wouldn't boo him. I don't hate the guy and he was just doing his job. 

Tactics totally wrong we learnt at st Andrews we started hoofing the ball went 1 down then started playing it on floor scored 4 without reply. Yet we go into this hoofing it again not playing fast interchanging passes 

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, Smoggie Spraggon said:

How are Spence and Coulson playing at this level, coming through the academy shouldn’t give you a free pass to the first team 

Both being played out of position though. Are you blaming them for today? 

I'd like to think that having no training for 10days due to Covid throughout the club has impacted this result and performance. 

We were 2nd best from the off and didn't deserve anything from the game. Karanka outclassed us tactically and his substitutions counteracted our substitutions which helped kill the game off.

Trying to find any positives in terms of individual performances from that game, however was glad to see Howson back on the pitch and we looked a lot more composed when he came on.

The curse of Sky TV has struck us once again! Honestly, we don't play like that poor every week.

• Like 2