oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Birmingham 0-1

I was also worried we might slip up here, AR.

I'm not usually one for accepting excuses but apparently we haven't properly trained for 2 weeks because of COVID, Rockliffe has been closed for a while too. Apparently we struggled to train outside when it was open due to snow and ice but the indoor facilities were closed off for a bit longer? I don't know how true that is but if it is, it could explain today.

Though obviously, we can't know for sure what difference it would have made. The only thing we know for sure is we got tactically outplayed by Birmingham, regardless of why that came to be. I guess my point is less about explaining the performance today and figuring out why that came to be, more to wonder if that is what we are expecting to see in the next few games too. If those circumstances are correct then I'm a bit more optimistic about the games to come. Once things get back to normal and we get back into our groove, performances will improve; at the very least we shouldn't see the same issues occur for a full 90 minutes very often, as right as people were that our start today wasn't too far from what we have seen previous to these behind the scenes issues.

• Like 2
  • Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Middlesbrough vs Birmingham                                          Saturday 16th December – 12:30 pm (Sky Sports)                                                                      Riverside Sta

😉

I can only see another win here. As much as i like Karanka. Brum just isn't the team for him. 4 - 0 Boro.   What are your top 3 favourite moments/memories from the Karanka era? The Brig

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I was also worried we might slip up here, AR.

I'm not usually one for accepting excuses but apparently we haven't properly trained for 2 weeks because of COVID, Rockliffe has been closed for a while too. Apparently we struggled to train outside when it was open due to snow and ice but the indoor facilities were closed off for a bit longer? I don't know how true that is but if it is, it could explain today.

Though obviously, we can't know for sure what difference it would have made. The only thing we know for sure is we got tactically outplayed by Birmingham, regardless of why that came to be. I guess my point is less about explaining the performance today and figuring out why that came to be, more to wonder if that is what we are expecting to see in the next few games too. If those circumstances are correct then I'm a bit more optimistic about the games to come. Once things get back to normal and we get back into our groove, performances will improve; at the very least we shouldn't see the same issues occur for a full 90 minutes very often, as right as people were that our start today wasn't too far from what we have seen previous to these behind the scenes issues.

The thing is even Neil Warnock admitted it in post match comments if the rockliffe pitch frozen they should of jumped on a bus to the Riverside and trained. But they didn't tried to get the win without putting the work in that showed today alot. 

2 hours ago, TeaCider24 said:

This is Watmore's first appearance since his last goal?

He looked decent when he came on too.

People are posting a load of nonsense in the heat of the moment today.

There are quite a lot of balanced posters, so no, I don’t believe people are posting nonsense and believe it’s a reaction to games through out the season. It’s one of many we have been woefully poor and when I say that I include games we have drawn and won. 

Loosing games is one thing but it’s the way they are lost and there is no excuse in the way they approached or played the game, and that includes NW. 

I don’t or did not expect anything but around mid table and would be content if we did, do,  if only there was commitment. I can’t except excuses for well paid professional who can’t put in the effort, read a game, move / receive or pass a ball. Bad attitude, poor planning and no commitment. 

Another huge over reaction to a very disappointing result. We've only lost twice at home once to the league leaders and we we're somewhat unlucky not to come away with a point. As for today it's best forgotten and should be regarded as as  a one off performance. Very unusual circumstances have surrounded the club since the Rotherham postponement in a highly irregular season.

Looking forward to the Forest match now, who seem to hitting a bit of form. A great chance for the team to get this out of their system. So were bound to win.

• Like 2

Very disappointing performance today. Looked lethargic from the off. Only positive is that Howson is back. Hopefully see Fletcher back soon too. Sorry for Browne that it is his cruciate and he will be gone for best part of a year. I think he was about to become a big player for us

1 hour ago, sanddancer said:

There are quite a lot of balanced posters, so no, I don’t believe people are posting nonsense

Saying Watmore is drying up faster than a desert because he's got a new deal is complete and utter nonsense.

He played 26 minutes today, and looked decent, and that's the only game time he's had since signing a new deal.

He scored on his last appearance, and then caught Covid.

• Like 3
16 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Saying Watmore is drying up faster than a desert because he's got a new deal is complete and utter nonsense.

He played 26 minutes today, and looked decent, and that's the only game time he's had since signing a new deal.

He scored on his last appearance, and then caught Covid.

it’s not about A game, people are reacting because, 
Repeat. 
There are quite a lot of balanced posters, so no, I don’t believe people are posting nonsense and believe it’s a reaction to games through out the season. 

• Confused 1
2 hours ago, DurhamRed said:

The thing is even Neil Warnock admitted it in post match comments if the rockliffe pitch frozen they should of jumped on a bus to the Riverside and trained. But they didn't tried to get the win without putting the work in that showed today alot. 

Long bus ride that one lol, hurwoth to darlington>darlington to middlesbrough and then walk from middlesbrough bus station. How many privileged players would want to do that?  

6 hours ago, DurhamRed said:

Well, in comparison to Pulis, it's somewhat refreshing to hear he's willing to accept things they collectively could have done better to avoid that situation. Doesn't make it any less disappointing that we didn't just do it to better prepare for the game but alas, it's done now, we have to improve from today one way or another to maintain a push for the play-offs.

• Like 2

A new day and I am still p* ssed off about the game. It was not so much a cup final or a chance for promotion, so why. 
I don’t buy into the excuses posters have offered up for such lame preparations to the game. NW was tactically out thought and the players turned up expecting a easy day out and three points. 
We as many clubs are facing complications during the virus and there is a distinct difference between shielding and isolation and that of having actually caught it. The virus has been around quite a while so why was no mitigation in place if the preferred training facility was not accessible. Why didn’t players take action to ensure there own fitness and discuss tactics among each other, hell they had enough time. 
There is nothing consistent about the club, team or tactics and I think NW is reactive and not proactive. I think he is content to be above mid table and happy to be hovering around the playoff spots, in other words job done, complacency. 
Its simply not acceptable, not good enough. 

• Sad 1
1 hour ago, sanddancer said:

A new day and I am still p* ssed off about the game. It was not so much a cup final or a chance for promotion, so why. 
I don’t buy into the excuses posters have offered up for such lame preparations to the game. NW was tactically out thought and the players turned up expecting a easy day out and three points. 
We as many clubs are facing complications during the virus and there is a distinct difference between shielding and isolation and that of having actually caught it. The virus has been around quite a while so why was no mitigation in place if the preferred training facility was not accessible. Why didn’t players take action to ensure there own fitness and discuss tactics among each other, hell they had enough time. 
There is nothing consistent about the club, team or tactics and I think NW is reactive and not proactive. I think he is content to be above mid table and happy to be hovering around the playoff spots, in other words job done, complacency. 
Its simply not acceptable, not good enough. 

There were tactics?

I thought the plan was to hoof the ball at every opportunity. 

• Like 1