oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Birmingham 0-1

I can only see another win here. As much as i like Karanka. Brum just isn't the team for him. 4 - 0 Boro.

What are your top 3 favourite moments/memories from the Karanka era?

The Brighton promotion game. Never experienced an atmosphere like it (sadly i didnt go to the uefa cup comebacks). Everyone was standing and singing the entire game. Amazing how the league worked out so it was a winner takes all, last game shootout. 

The last minute goal against reading by Foreshaw. Never celebrated a goal so much. 

The play off final day. Even though we lost, i enjoyed the day. The fact we'd made it to thw final after years of nothingness. It felt like we'd do it the next season...

2. Do you think we'll have any incomings/outgoings by the time this game comes around?

No.

3. You have to choose any Boro player for each of the below scenarios, who are you choosing for each one?
- Surviving a zombie apocalypse with:

Willo Flood. He'd blend in perfectly and we could escape by shuffling along with the herd.

- Dinner date:

Willo Flood. He doesnt look like he eats much, so more for me!

- Trapped on a tropical island with:

Willo Flood. I could use his head to open coconuts on. 

- Prime minister:

Willo Flood. His campaign slogan would be: "Where there's a Willo, there's a way."

- Future Boro manager:

Willo Flood. 

4. Who has been your top three players of the season so far?

Tavernier

McNair

Willo Flood

5. Is Twix a chocolate bar or a chocolate biscuit?

A chocolate biscuit. Coincidentally, if you suck all the chocolate off a twix finger, but leave a little bit on the top, it bares a striking resemblance to Willo Flood... 

• Haha 5
  • Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Middlesbrough vs Birmingham                                          Saturday 16th December – 12:30 pm (Sky Sports)                                                                      Riverside Sta

😉

I can only see another win here. As much as i like Karanka. Brum just isn't the team for him. 4 - 0 Boro.   What are your top 3 favourite moments/memories from the Karanka era? The Brig

Posted Images

53 minutes ago, boro-unger said:

I can only see another win here. As much as i like Karanka. Brum just isn't the team for him. 4 - 0 Boro.

The Brighton promotion game. Never experienced an atmosphere like it (sadly i didnt go to the uefa cup comebacks). Everyone was standing and singing the entire game. Amazing how the league worked out so it was a winner takes all, last game shootout. 

The last minute goal against reading by Foreshaw. Never celebrated a goal so much. 

The play off final day. Even though we lost, i enjoyed the day. The fact we'd made it to thw final after years of nothingness. It felt like we'd do it the next season...

2. Do you think we'll have any incomings/outgoings by the time this game comes around?

No.

3. You have to choose any Boro player for each of the below scenarios, who are you choosing for each one?
- Surviving a zombie apocalypse with:

Willo Flood. He'd blend in perfectly and we could escape by shuffling along with the herd.

- Dinner date:

Willo Flood. He doesnt look like he eats much, so more for me!

- Trapped on a tropical island with:

Willo Flood. I could use his head to open coconuts on. 

- Prime minister:

Willo Flood. His campaign slogan would be: "Where there's a Willow, there's a way."

- Future Boro manager:

Willo Flood. 

Tavernier

McNair

Willo Flood...Sounds like me on a bad Sat night

5. Is Twix a chocolate bar or a chocolate biscuit?

A chocolate biscuit. Coincidentally, if you suck all the chocolate off a twix finger, but leave a little bit on the top, it bares a striking resemblance to Willo Flood... 

Willo Flood 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Great thread, @Weasel!

We've simply got to beat Birmingham, even if it means Karanka getting the sack. If we're serious about the playoffs, these are teams we should be beating.

1. What are your top 3 favourite moments/memories from the Karanka era?

No, but I expect/would like to see new contracts for Marvin and Fletch

3. You have to choose any Boro player for each of the below scenarios, who are you choosing for each one?

- Surviving a zombie apocalypse with: I reckon Paddy McNair, he's a leader and he'd probably best know what to do

- Dinner date: Can I cheat and pick a former player for this one? Juninho, we can talk about the Robbo glory (well, not exactly glory) days

- Trapped on a tropical island with: Again, a former player, Mark Schwarzer. Watched his Boro Legends YouTube video and feel there's a lot more stories to be told!

-Prime minister: I don't think any football player should be in charge of running the country. Mind you they probably couldn't be any worse than the clown currently in charge.

-Future Boro manager: Again, past player. Ravanelli. Why? Why not?

Dijksteel, Bola, McNair

5. Is Twix a chocolate bar or a chocolate biscuit?

Left Twix is a chocolate biscuit, Right Twix is a chocolate bar.

• Like 3

1) Last gasp promotion v Brighton

2) Last minute Nugent goal vs Hull

3) Karanka leaving

Honourable mention for the draw at Man City as that De Roon goal won me £350

Do you think we'll have any incomings/outgoings by the time this game comes around?

No.

Who has been your top three players of the season so far?

Fry, Djikesteel and McNair in that order.

15 hours ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Great thread, @Weasel!

We've simply got to beat Birmingham, even if it means Karanka getting the sack. If we're serious about the playoffs, these are teams we should be beating.

1. What are your top 3 favourite moments/memories from the Karanka era?

No, but I expect/would like to see new contracts for Marvin and Fletch

3. You have to choose any Boro player for each of the below scenarios, who are you choosing for each one?

- Surviving a zombie apocalypse with: I reckon Paddy McNair, he's a leader and he'd probably best know what to do

- Dinner date: Can I cheat and pick a former player for this one? Juninho, we can talk about the Robbo glory (well, not exactly glory) days

- Trapped on a tropical island with: Again, a former player, Mark Schwarzer. Watched his Boro Legends YouTube video and feel there's a lot more stories to be told!

-Prime minister: I don't think any football player should be in charge of running the country. Mind you they probably couldn't be any worse than the clown currently in charge.

-Future Boro manager: Again, past player. Ravanelli. Why? Why not?

Dijksteel, Bola, McNair

5. Is Twix a chocolate bar or a chocolate biscuit?

Left Twix is a chocolate biscuit, Right Twix is a chocolate bar.

I keep forgetting about the bitter power struggle they had, that resulted in them building 2 separate factories...and creating totally different products... 

Edited by AnglianRed
  • Haha 1

Well let’s see. On paper how on earth can we fail to win given they have lost 4 and drew 1 in 5 games. Hang on I thought Spurs could not loose last night and although they drew they did not deserve to. Jose is clever but he has dropped so many winnable points he deserves to be criticised. Oh yes, back to our game. We are the BORO and against top teams I thought we would lose, won, and those having a torrent time we made a dogs dinner of it. So I predict a, a, ahhhhh, mmmmmm, I don’t know. 

Edited by sanddancer

I know some say home and away does not matter much this season with lack of fans but  we are certainly stronger at home than away. As far as Birmingham  awful recent record is concerned, thar is mainly at home i think. They away record not as bad. Maybe because at home Karanka needs to show intent whereas away he can afford to adopt a cautious approach which suits his tactical nous.

I'm honestly just as wary of this game as the previous fixture against these. We should beat them given the way our seasons are going and especially over the last 6-10 games, you'd have this nailed on as a win for us... I just don't feel too optimistic about it.

• Confused 1

Wonder if Assombalonga plays this as he has a epic record against Birmingham. Also they is doubt about Watmore starting after today comments from Warnock about him suffering Covid the worst. Everything in the form book points to a easy Boro home win but this is football and we could have a typical Boro moment of Clayton or Friend scoring a hatrick 😂

• Confused 1