oneBoro Forum

Nottingham Forest v Boro 1-2 (Assombalonga, Saville)

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is why the majority of people throughout football love Warnock! 

A strange game but a good three points. Today I owe Brit, credit to him. I learnt something new tonight, Hitler is a Brazilian.  Well I’m behind with some work so I need to pop upstairs to my office

So, it's time again .. the time where Assombalonga misses more sitters than on a normal day, cause we are away to Nottingham Forest, his former club. I'm just glad we never play Peterborough! It's t

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

How's the weather over there? Will the game be played you think? 

"There are a number of flood alerts still in place across the Nottinghamshire region as more heavy rain is predicted to batter the county.

The Met Office has forecast heavy rainfall for the rest of Wednesday and into Thursday, with an amber weather warning in place until midday on Thursday, January 21.

Sounding slightly ominous.

It depends how well they've protected the pitch.

Forest social media seems to be running as if it's still going ahead though, so fingers crossed.

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

"There are a number of flood alerts still in place across the Nottinghamshire region as more heavy rain is predicted to batter the county.

The Met Office has forecast heavy rainfall for the rest of Wednesday and into Thursday, with an amber weather warning in place until midday on Thursday, January 21.

Forest social media seems to be running as if it's still going ahead though, so fingers crossed.

They've had covers over it for the last day or two I think so fingers crossed.

Will suck if we travel down there only for it to get called off at the 5pm pitch inspections like.

• Sad 1
34 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Hmmm doesn’t sound to good.

37 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

How's the weather over there? Will the game be played you think? 

As the outgoing president would say: "It's one of the wettest we've ever seen, from the standpoint of water".

• Haha 4
Just now, Brunners said:

They've had covers over it for the last day or two I think so fingers crossed.

Will suck if we travel down there only for it to get called off at the 5pm pitch inspections like.

Yeah, if it’s getting called off, earlier the better for our lads.

On 1/19/2021 at 5:35 AM, Downsouth said:

Not a happy hunting ground for Boro, Forest on a decent run so for me at best a draw which is overdue!

I would happily take a draw, as you say not a happy hunting ground for us & theyre in a decent run themselves, add we'll have Brit upfront & could start, yes I'll take a draw 

Just had a look out of the window and it doesn't look as though it is raining much.  I'm effectively at the farm in the middle of the M 62 (where it is normally a bit damp - surrounded by reservoirs is a bit of a clue)

I'd guess it is a bit better in Nottingham

The only "unless" is the state of the river Trent which is very close to the ground and it flooded the low lying areas of Burton yesterday

Sadly I have no sauces !!

As bad a record as any ground we've visited, just 6 wins on their turf in 33 visits to Nottingham 

Our last win March 1999 with a last minute goal from Brian Deanes in a 2-1 win, before that we won 3-1 in March 1973 a 2nd divison clash, 1956, 1938, 1910 & 1907 complete our list of wins at their ground, that includes 2 doubles over them

Our last visit to the City ground ended all square at 1-1, I'd happily take that now

Did you know:-

The late, great centre forward George Camsell made his Boro debut at home to Forest ina 1-0 win                                                     Dave Hodgson made his debut away to Forest wearing the No12 shirt he replaced Tony McAndrew in a 2-2 draw                            Graham Kavanagh made his Boro debut away to Forest October 1992 in a 1-0 defeat Chris Kamara made his Boro debut at home to Forest February 1993 in a 2-1 defeat

Forest had 3 ex Boro players in their backroom staff during their golden era in the late 70's early 80's,  Brian Clough, Peter Taylor & Jimmy Gordon 

Represented both teams

Brian Clough 

Peter Taylor

Jimmy Gordon

Colin Cooper

Brian Laws

Dave Currie

Paul Wilkinson

Mark Proctor

Chris Kamara

Mike Kear

Walter Tinsley who scored 49 goals in 89 games for the Boro between 1913-1921