oneBoro Forum

Nottingham Forest v Boro 1-2 (Assombalonga, Saville)

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is why the majority of people throughout football love Warnock! 

A strange game but a good three points. Today I owe Brit, credit to him. I learnt something new tonight, Hitler is a Brazilian.  Well I’m behind with some work so I need to pop upstairs to my office

So, it's time again .. the time where Assombalonga misses more sitters than on a normal day, cause we are away to Nottingham Forest, his former club. I'm just glad we never play Peterborough! It's t

Posted Images

Only saw 2/3 of the match but it seem like we were in control throughout. Could’ve scored more. Some really good performances throughout the team. Well done Boro 👏

5 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

So thou we were gonna implode their and throw it away but lucky Forrest started kicking us 

Yeah - it was them that imploded, not us.

Weird sort of game I thought. Forest played the better football for a large chunk of the game, but didn't really trouble us defensively. Don't think Bettinelli had anything to do apart from collect a few crosses.

Boro countered very well and looked threatening every time they went forward. Created the better chances and deserved the win.

Forest finally made it a close finish when we were looking tired (probably some lapses in concentration) but lost their heads as stoppage time ticked down.

A great response by the lads after the dismal showing against Birmingham - keeps us in the hunt for a play-off place.

• Like 2

A strange game but a good three points. Today I owe Brit, credit to him. I learnt something new tonight, Hitler is a Brazilian. 
Well I’m behind with some work so I need to pop upstairs to my office.
Good night all and be careful when shaving or using hot wax.. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Excellent bounce back from Saturday.

That midfield 3 suits us away from home, but at home I'd like to see us more offensively. Tactically spot on today by Warnock.

Britt was awesome today, love him or hate him but his overall performance today was very good. Just a shame it's only 1 in 10 from him and I think it was a performance to showcase his skills to the forest board to make a offer.

Tavernier, Howson, Britt, Saville and Bola were absolutely immense tonight. 

We look so composed with Howson in midfield and there's a good link between midfield and attack with him in the side.

Massive 3pts and massive performance especially with Stoke and B'mouth dropping points last night and us having a game in hand.

UTB!

• Like 4
15 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Yeah - it was them that imploded, not us.

Weird sort of game I thought. Forest played the better football for a large chunk of the game, but didn't really trouble us defensively. Don't think Bettinelli had anything to do apart from collect a few crosses.

Boro countered very well and looked threatening every time they went forward. Created the better chances and deserved the win.

Forest finally made it a close finish when we were looking tired (probably some lapses in concentration) but lost their heads as stoppage time ticked down.

A great response by the lads after the dismal showing against Birmingham - keeps us in the hunt for a play-off place.

Don't think they played the better football really, by and large they played the football we let them play, in front of us and horizontally. We didn't let them threaten at all, which is what we set up to do, they can have as much of the ball as they want in their own half!

Thought we were excellent today! Howson MOTM, Tav 2nd place and probably Bola in 3rd, thought he was quality defensively again.

Special shout out to Britt too, one of his best games ever for us.

Also I see Forest fans calling the red card soft but IMO he should have been off for the Stamp seconds before anyway so it evens out.

Think they got very lucky card wise, you could argue Ribeiro should have already been off & Knockaert could have had 2 yellows in 2 seconds with his stunt at the end.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Don't think they played the better football really, by and large they played the football we let them play, in front of us and horizontally. We didn't let them threaten at all, which is what we set up to do, they can have as much of the ball as they want in their own half!

Thought we were excellent today! Howson MOTM, Tav 2nd place and probably Bola in 3rd, thought he was quality defensively again.

Special shout out to Britt too, one of his best games ever for us.

Also I see Forest fans calling the red card soft but IMO he should have been off for the Stamp seconds before anyway so it evens out.

Think they got very lucky card wise, you could argue Ribeiro should have already been off & Knockaert could have had 2 yellows in 2 seconds with his stunt at the end.

Thats kind of what I meant. They had a lot of possession and passed it around quite nicely, but without really troubling us defensively.

Whereas we had to chase a lot, but when we did counter we looked pacey and dangerous.

• Like 1

A thoroughly deserved victory & typical Boro who were cruising had us biting our fingernails for the final few minutes

We should have been 4 goals clear & here we were hanging on

But we came through & winning at a team on 7 games unbeaten run, apart from the final 3 minutes, quite comfortably 

Well done Boro & NW

Delighted with that win. Keeps us in the mix for the playoffs. Oh for two or three quality signings.

Bola is unrecognisable. Full credit to him and the coaching team. Howson was at his best tonight. Been a fan of his since watching him at Leeds. Tonight was one of the few times I have watched him and though I remember why I liked you.