oneBoro Forum

Nottingham Forest v Boro 1-2 (Assombalonga, Saville)

7 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Covid-19 definitely affected us for the Birmingham game, if not the players themselves then certainly how it affected our preparations for it.

It definitely affected the players too. Watmore and Britt couldn't start because of it & Warnock now says Johnson shouldn't have played either because he didn't come back till Friday.

• Like 1
  • Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is why the majority of people throughout football love Warnock! 

A strange game but a good three points. Today I owe Brit, credit to him. I learnt something new tonight, Hitler is a Brazilian.  Well I’m behind with some work so I need to pop upstairs to my office

So, it's time again .. the time where Assombalonga misses more sitters than on a normal day, cause we are away to Nottingham Forest, his former club. I'm just glad we never play Peterborough! It's t

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

No it wasn't, were just an inconsistent team - well have good games and bad games, it's been happening all season. This is our recent form -

WLLWLWWWLLWLWLDD

Apart from that 3 game winning streak we've pretty much been win loss win loss. 

It was a superb performance, end of.  That's all that needs to said.

15 minutes ago, Brunners said:

You can't objectively look at that Birmingham performance and think it was normal for us, can you? It was clear we looked unprepared, unfit and not at the races at all and the one thing you can say for this team is they usually put 100% in every game, it didn't look to be the case vs Birmingham.

Well we've started that way in more games than we haven't. We do normally recover and a lot of the time do enough to get the win. Sometimes we don't do enough to turn around our poor start and we lose, hence the inconsistency. I think Birmingham was easily our worst performance of the season but I don't think it's an outlier in terms of the pattern of some of our games this season. 

Yesterday we started well and kept it going for 90 mins, would be nice to see that consistency across a game more often!

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Saville has 4 goals and 4 assists so far this season, just beyond the halfway point.

If that form continues, it's finally the sort of return we'd paid the money for.

He's finally playing in a team that's actually scoring some goals!

5 hours ago, boro-unger said:

Nah, looks like he's just angry that rib has just stamped on his team mate. 

Although it would make a good headline: "Bitt Assombalonga"...

Maybe he fancied a Spare Ribiero? 

God - one game...so many puns... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Or some Saville, oi 

Outstanding performances from Howson, Tav, Bola, Morsy and very good games from everybody else

Britt very unlucky with header, but he was at least there for it and any other day could have gone in after hitting Samba

well done lads.    onwards and upwards

I see comments referencing COVID being a disruption to preparation which I don’t deny has, but it is not the whole reason for our inconsistency. We are no different to teams in all divisions, and we are well aware COVID exists, and if we haven’t then we should have mitigation in place. 
Inconstancy has been more down to team selection and tactics then COVID and the fact, well apart from the two pack leaders, anyone can virtually beat anyone right now. It doesn’t help when players are not all firing at the same time but there is more of a willingness now to work towards a common goal then previous.
Look I do now believe they believe and want to make it happen.  
In realty we could easily have at least another 4 to 6 points on the board and equally have the same less points so overall we are doing fairly well. OK watching us play is not for the faint hearted but that’s may be the passion in us wanting more. Listen I would rather have a win then 3 boring daws sitting on our goal line. 
I did not expect to be where we are and will gladly be content if we remain there about and possibly sneak a play off spot. 

30 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

I see comments referencing COVID being a disruption to preparation which I don’t deny has, but it is not the whole reason for our inconsistency. We are no different to teams in all divisions, and we are well aware COVID exists, and if we haven’t then we should have mitigation in place. 
Inconstancy has been more down to team selection and tactics then COVID and the fact, well apart from the two pack leaders, anyone can virtually beat anyone right now. It doesn’t help when players are not all firing at the same time but there is more of a willingness now to work towards a common goal then previous.
Look I do now believe they believe and want to make it happen.  
In realty we could easily have at least another 4 to 6 points on the board and equally have the same less points so overall we are doing fairly well. OK watching us play is not for the faint hearted but that’s may be the passion in us wanting more. Listen I would rather have a win then 3 boring daws sitting on our goal line. 
I did not expect to be where we are and will gladly be content if we remain there about and possibly sneak a play off spot. 

No one said covid was why we were inconsistent though. Only that covid was a large contributing factor specifically to the Birmingham performance only.

26 minutes ago, Brunners said:

No one said covid was why we were inconsistent though. Only that covid was a large contributing factor specifically to the Birmingham performance only.

COVID didn’t make the players hoof the ball up field every time instead of playing intelligent passes. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

COVID didn’t make the players hoof the ball up field every time instead of playing intelligent passes. 

COVID did make us not train for 2 weeks and force at least one still recovering player into the starting 11. I'm not willing to confirm what that did or did not cause us to do on the pitch because we don't really know.

3 hours ago, Brunners said:

COVID did make us not train for 2 weeks and force at least one still recovering player into the starting 11. I'm not willing to confirm what that did or did not cause us to do on the pitch because we don't really know.

The fact they didn’t train is simply they hadn’t implanted a risk and migration. Lots of alternatives to train. We where not down to only 10 players as there were several who could have played. What it does highlight is that a sick player is better then those not in the team selection or sat on the bench. Hell if that’s the case we are dire trouble. 
It matters not because the onus was on us which is what I’m implying and as I stated my opinion, we are a inconsistent team  doing well.