oneBoro Forum

Nottingham Forest v Boro 1-2 (Assombalonga, Saville)

So, it's time again .. the time where Assombalonga misses more sitters than on a normal day, cause we are away to Nottingham Forest, his former club. I'm just glad we never play Peterborough!
It's this Wednesday at 7 PM weird British time btw, if you are into self masochism and other forms of self inflicted agony.

frustrated world cup GIF by Celcom

Forest have finally gotten their sh1t together and their last 5 games = W W D D D, a nice unbeaten run after a terrible start to the season. This must be the result of hiring Chris Hughton. 

Our vey own Boro is totally hit or miss these days, but we have still managed to also get 9 points of the last 5 games : L W L W W, so we can only hope it's the winning Boro that shows up. This time it could be nice with a win and a clean sheet ... Who am I kidding, we are nailed to go one down within the first 15 minutes ... as usual .. 

Why Me Crying GIF by Team Coco

I actually predict a draw, cause we haven't had one of those in 12 league games! 

The bookies have it as a tight game: 2.65 - 3.15 - 2.85  .. These are the decimal odds for home, draw and away, if you wonder. I don't know the weird odds you guys love, but hey .. put your money on the draw. 

In the reverse game at The Riverside, we beat Forest 1-0 (Marvinho) in October, when our stadium still was a fortress that wasn't Karankanized, like when we lost 0-1 to Brum last Saturday!

andy samberg omg GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine

So, let's have some quetions! 

Seth Meyers Question GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

1: Which team and formation should NW go with?

2: Are you happy with a draw and why/why not?

3: Will Britt miss a penna?

4: Can Chris Hughton make Forest a play off candidate?

5: Can NW make us a play off candidate?

6: Who will be the first to write "this is a game for Patrick Roberts" and who will be the first to be baffled, when Folarin is subbed on in the 88th minute and Roberts aint?

7: Burger King or Mc Donalds? 

tasty pulp fiction GIF

If you want a look from the other site (pun intended) here you go: https://forums.vitalfootball.co.uk/forums/100-forest.60/ (no Boro thread up, when I was writing this)

sick forest GIF by Julien Piau

UTB!

• Like 4
  • Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is why the majority of people throughout football love Warnock! 

A strange game but a good three points. Today I owe Brit, credit to him. I learnt something new tonight, Hitler is a Brazilian.  Well I’m behind with some work so I need to pop upstairs to my office

So, it's time again .. the time where Assombalonga misses more sitters than on a normal day, cause we are away to Nottingham Forest, his former club. I'm just glad we never play Peterborough! It's t

Posted Images

Didn't realise they had started to turn the corner, a few years back it didn't matter what form they were in when playing us we would never beat em, this winless run started in 1974 & finished in 1999

We fared better since but I don't like playing Forest at all, it's always one fixture, Leeds been the other when in the same league, that I look for & hope they're out the way early doors 

• Like 3

It depends which Boro turn up. We're due a win though. Maybe Britt will be firing on all 4 cylinders this time instead of being as nervous as a kitten every time we play them. There's no crowd to put him off.

WE need a long run off you Erimus 74. Do your stuff...

7: For those planning to visit Australia when this Covid pandemic ends Burger King in Australia is called Hungry Jack's, due to © issue in Oz

They're both crap but Burger King is less crappy, or slightly superior to Macdonald's, which is more popularly known as Macca's here in Australia.

1: Which team and formation should NW go with? Bring Howson in for Wing and Watmore for Johnson. 

2: Are you happy with a draw and why/why not? Yes I’d take that after Saturday 

3: Will Britt miss a penna? Hopefully he won’t be on the pitch. 

4: Can Chris Hughton make Forest a play off candidate? He’s a canny manager so maybe. 

Next season

6: Who will be the first to write "this is a game for Patrick Roberts" and who will be the first to be baffled, when Folarin is subbed on in the 88th minute and Roberts aint? Brunners

Neither, I’d rather starve than give my money to those people. 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

6: Who will be the first to write "this is a game for Patrick Roberts" and who will be the first to be baffled, when Folarin is subbed on in the 88th minute and Roberts aint? Brunners

I'm too lazy to check but I can't remember the last time I complained about Roberts not getting on, honestly. I have a terrible memory so maybe I have, but I don't expect him to come on ever again tbh lol.

• Haha 1
15 hours ago, SmogDane said:

Which team and formation should NW go with?

433, swap Wing For Tav, Howson For Morsy & Watmore on the right Akpom in the middle. Johnson on the Left. Same back five. 

2: Are you happy with a draw and why/why not. 

Yeh becuase im expecting to get beat

Yeh. 

4: Can Chris Hughton make Forest a play off candidate? Next season but you never know now. It would be some run. 

Not unless we get some quality added this month which i don't expect us to do.
6: Who will be the first to write "this is a game for Patrick Roberts" and who will be the first to be baffled, when Folarin is subbed on in the 88th minute and Roberts aint?

Not sure but the lad needs to be given a chance again. 

7: Burger King or Mc Donalds

McDonald's 

Betenelli

Djikesteel Fry McNair Bola

Morsy

Howson Saville

Tav Johnson

Watson

No...they should be fired up to bounce back after such an awful performance.

Not this season but next season certainly.

Yes if he sort out the inconsistency.

Bettanali

Dijksteel    Fry              Mcnair                  Bola 

Saville       Howson   

Watmore                     Tav                              Johnson

Britt 

Winning is all that matters and they got to bounce back after putting in one the worst performances of the season against one the worst sides in the league,

If we have a pen he'll probably kick it over the stand yes copa america centenario argentina GIF by Univision Deportes

I think if he gets funds in the summer possibly next season yes 

If we get consistency, escape injuries and by some miracle acquire a half decent winger in the final days of the window yes. 

Probably me as do  wish he got more opportunities 

McDonalds

Roberts will not play for us, Brit unfortunately will. 
Burger King or McDonalds, if I had to choose, BK but as fat as I am I don’t particularly buy BK, MD or that finger licking franchise crap. 

Still pretty angry about the last game but ha, for no apparent reason I’ll go for a draw. 

19 hours ago, SmogDane said:

Bettinelli

Dijksteel, Fry, McNair, Bola

Howson, Tav, Morsy

Watmore, Britt, Johnson

2. Given our record at the City ground, I'd take a draw. But do think we should look at this game as a chance to pick up 3 points.

3. Britt has a 100% conversion rate when it comes to penalties this season (so far).

4. Hughton can and possibly will, but I'm not sure it'll be this season.

5. Being sat in 7th place surely makes us a playoff candidate now. I think this season we'll be there or there abouts, but not sure we'll actually end up in the playoff spots come match day 46.

6. Pep will.

7. McDonald's I'd say, but even so their quality control is as consistent as Marv's crosses into the box.