oneBoro Forum

Nottingham Forest v Boro 1-2 (Assombalonga, Saville)

Agree with Sandy..  we are inconsistent but some of that is relative inexperience and hopefully that will decrease. Hopefully we can get a few more U23's out on loan to push them on a bit and fill the squad up for next year..  we have the makings of a good team and if we can get the final pieces of the jigsaw, then we will be there or thereabouts . Would also like to mention that discipline seems to have improved significantly, halfway through season and only one red card, which was rightly overturned and most of the yellows were for "proper" fouls rather than dissent or other daft stuff..  Sam will always be Sam but having watched Souness, Kennedy, Glover, Hammy, Boam and other nasty boys, he is very mild compared to them and I think all good teams have someone like him, so I think it should be acknowledged he is the best Egyptian we've had   

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is why the majority of people throughout football love Warnock! 

A strange game but a good three points. Today I owe Brit, credit to him. I learnt something new tonight, Hitler is a Brazilian.  Well I’m behind with some work so I need to pop upstairs to my office

So, it's time again .. the time where Assombalonga misses more sitters than on a normal day, cause we are away to Nottingham Forest, his former club. I'm just glad we never play Peterborough! It's t

Posted Images

The preparation for a specific match is probably a bit more important than we think. That is also what separates the good managers from the bad. The ability to drill into the team how to beat an upcoming opponent. We were woefully prepared under Woodgate and that has changed dramatically under a more proven manager. Granted he also gets outsmarted or gets his tactics all wrong, but I'm not going to deny that a lack of proper preparation with the team had an adverse effect on how we dealt with Birmingham. It was a woeful performance though so I'm going to split it 50/50 between inconsitency and lack of preparation.

• Like 2