oneBoro Forum

Nottingham Forest v Boro 1-2 (Assombalonga, Saville)

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is why the majority of people throughout football love Warnock! 

A strange game but a good three points. Today I owe Brit, credit to him. I learnt something new tonight, Hitler is a Brazilian.  Well I’m behind with some work so I need to pop upstairs to my office

So, it's time again .. the time where Assombalonga misses more sitters than on a normal day, cause we are away to Nottingham Forest, his former club. I'm just glad we never play Peterborough! It's t

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

If they do, you can see why. It's one thing being tenacious, which is what we expect from him. Some of the bookings he's had though have just been stupid on his part.

I know, he doesn't help his reputation with the refs.  I'm surprised they don't book Bettinelli more often for time wasting - they must all know that he does it.

• Like 1
Just now, thomas said:

lol I think that was offside, never mind them decisions usually even out of the course of the season. 

no way was he off, he's clearly level as the ball is played and he just pushed right past him.

Just now, boroie said:

Weird goal, Forest completely switched off. Looked tight but onside once Britt pushed off the defender who didnt try and follow him. Bad goalkeeping though, should have been an other sitter missed by Britt against Forest - the whole goal to aim at and he taps it directly at the keep who stepped over it! Harsh maybe but would have liked a shot maybe away from the keeper considering how much time he had and how close it was. 

They all count, mate. All I care about is that he gets the goal. I get what you mean but hit the target first and foremost and you've done half the battle.

• Like 1
Just now, thomas said:

lol I think that was offside, never mind them decisions usually even out of the course of the season. 

It didn't look it on the replays to me.

Assombalonga only burst off after Howson had hit the ball.

Just now, White Band said:

I know, he doesn't help his reputation with the refs.  I'm surprised they don't book Bettinelli more often for time wasting - they must all know that he does it.

Aye, another daft one too. Bettinelli wastes time over his set-pieces like it's into stoppage time at the end of the second half every kick he takes.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, thomas said:

I don't think so, mate. Forest commentators wondering whether Christie might have played him on but I don't even think Christie is the problem. I think you could see as the ball is played, Worrall stops and Britt keeps going. His run off the defender takes place just after the ball is played. Was a poor attempt at playing offside from Worrall, regardless of who else might have played him on.