oneBoro Forum

Boro v Blackburn 0-1

1 minute ago, wilsoncgp said:

Feels to me like Blackburn just took advantage of us taking our foot off the gas. We were still in this game, we've had a couple of decent chances and we were handling them just fine defensively. Then just before they scored, we just lost ourselves and they took advantage immediately.

It's daft. We definitely didn't deserve to lose this game until after we conceded. Now I can't see why there'd be any complaint about it.

I don't think we took our foot off the gas.  Their goal came from a break essentially didn't it?  Bola was far up the pitch and tried to play it into Saville but it wasn't a good ball and Blackburn won it moved forward.  Our players then were out of position a bit and a couple of lads got caught watching the ball really.  After that I think we just broke down a bit for whatever reason.  I don't think it was a lack of effort though.

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That smug little gobshite Branthwaite was smirking all the way off the pitch as Warnock spoke to him. Hope gets a lengthy retrospective ban.

Hopefully we play like we did last time vs Blackburn and batter them, only this time we actually score some of our chances please.

After a great away win v Forest is it now time to have a visit by our old friends Daniel Ayala, Stewart Downing, Ainsley Pears and Tony Mowbray and the rest of Blackburn. Blackburns last outing w

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Get the groundsmen to sort out the *** pitch. 

I am sick of watching our players slip over every single home match, and if it's deliberate I haven't seen us benefit from it once!

It is weird how often it happens like.  I wondered if Warnock was having the pitch over watered for some reason, like a tactical thing, but I can't see why he would really?

Just now, Changing Times said:

It is weird how often it happens like.  I wondered if Warnock was having the pitch over watered for some reason, like a tactical thing, but I can't see why he would really?

I suppose a heavy pitch should suit hoofing

We are not great at dealing with off the ball movement. Whether that’s a result of the man to man system we use or just not great defenders I don’t know.

it’s noticeable how little danger Spence sees.

1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

I've been whinging about it for 5 months now, it's clearly something on our end and I can't believe they haven't sorted it.

It's our players that slip the majority of the time, not the opposition.