oneBoro Forum

Boro v Blackburn 0-1

Can't put any of the blame down to Wood, the senior players didn't step up when we went behind, Howson was too quiet for long spells after their goal, Saville poor game also 

They just gobbled up when we launched the ball forward, brought it away with pace & looked menacing

The Boro will have to do it the hard way, as per 

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That smug little gobshite Branthwaite was smirking all the way off the pitch as Warnock spoke to him. Hope gets a lengthy retrospective ban.

Hopefully we play like we did last time vs Blackburn and batter them, only this time we actually score some of our chances please.

After a great away win v Forest is it now time to have a visit by our old friends Daniel Ayala, Stewart Downing, Ainsley Pears and Tony Mowbray and the rest of Blackburn. Blackburns last outing w

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, Brunners said:

I still don't understand how the ref did nothing.

If he AND all his assistants missed something like that, there is something seriously wrong.

Maybe send them to officiate in the National league for a while?

• Like 3
Just now, diggerlad07 said:

Btw can I just add to my previous post.... The marking for the goal was completely horrendous and unacceptable and once again SPENCE clueless at defending and losing his marker... The guy is stealing a living

It was a shame because I thought he'd actually been having a decent enough game up till then and then he goes and does that. Just doesn't look at all interested in tracking Rothwell, what the hell he had going through his head there I'll never know. Awful defending.

Mind you wasn't great from Bola or Howson there either like.

7 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

I felt literally sick during the whole game ...

How can someone say, that the Fry incident and the handling of the matter by the ref, didn't effect the result?

If we had scored a pen and 10 men Blackburn would have to open up to get an equalizer, we would hit them hard and win at least 2-0

But there were no justice... Instead we have to field a much inexperienced player ... 

Tav being injured made my stomach turn again..

Their goal made me scream at Howson's weird resignation...

No luck for but plenty crap against ..

What a day 🤎💩

Well being a goal up certainly would have helped, but still no guarantee of a win.

We've managed to lose against 10 men before remember (the Norwich game, was it)? 😉

But yeah, I was sick to the stomach after seeing replays of Fry's injury. Found it hard to focus on the game...though I managed enough to still be very disappointed with how we played.

5 minutes ago, Brunners said:

It was a shame because I thought he'd actually been having a decent enough game up till then and then he goes and does that. Just doesn't look at all interested in tracking Rothwell, what the hell he had going through his head there I'll never know. Awful defending.

Sorry mate, I disagree with you saying he was decent enough. I can provide you at least 10 incidents where he lost his marker and we got away lucky with it and that's not over exaggerating.

Britt, Bola and Howson weren't great at the goal I agree but for a 'defender' losing his marker like that is unacceptable. He lost his marker and Rothwell had 5metres on him before Spence realised where he had went 😂

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Brunners said:

Definitely. At the end of the day, Howson is in that position not just to track his man but to clear up all kinds of danger. He does it all over the pitch but for some reason, a low ball comes across the 6-yard box and he freezes... why? I just don't understand it. For all Spence can do better, Howson has got plenty of years on him and Bola and has no excuse for not knowing better right there. It's not like Rothwell is the only potential danger either, was it Douglas coming in from the far side too? Was that Tav's man? 

14 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

When did I say Wood was to blame for today? I never said he was because I don’t believe he was to blame for today, not even close.
How will Wood get more experience staying here getting sub cameos every couple weeks? You get experience playing games, and consecutive games at that. That’s the only way he’s going to improve as a player. What you’re saying is that because some players are getting new contracts etc then we shouldn’t bother trying to improve younger players by sending them out on loan? Going out on loan isn’t a punishment to the lad.

That was the only comment I read from you after the game.  Sorry if I missed some others but it seemed like you were highlighting Wood in that instance.  He can get more game time by playing here if we actually pick him in the side.  If Fry is out for any length of time then he'll start getting in the side that way anyway.  Warnock could even select him occasionally instead of relying on a small group of players.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, wilsoncgp said:

Definitely. At the end of the day, Howson is in that position not just to track his man but to clear up all kinds of danger. He does it all over the pitch but for some reason, a low ball comes across the 6-yard box and he freezes... why? I just don't understand it. For all Spence can do better, Howson has got plenty of years on him and Bola and has no excuse for not knowing better right there. It's not like Rothwell is the only potential danger either, was it Douglas coming in from the far side too? Was that Tav's man? 

Yeah Tav doesn't track Douglas either. Howson, Spence and Tav (to a lesser extent) are to blame for their goal. Howson and Spence both just stopped on the edge of the box and there are 3 Blackburn players in loads of space to the right of both of them.

The talking point will centre around the ref controversial decision BUT let’s not lose track of our own missed opportunities both first and start of the second half and the collapse in formation after there goal. 
We are and have lost far to many games and points because of missed opportunities and that’s why we celebrate points like the second coming. 

5 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Sorry mate, I disagree with you saying he was decent enough. I can provide you at least 10 incidents where he lost his marker and we got away lucky with it and that's not over exaggerating.

Britt, Bola and Howson weren't great at the goal I agree but for a 'defender' losing his marker like that is unacceptable. He lost his marker and Rothwell had 5metres on him before Spence realised where he had went 😂

No you can't. 

Spence thought that Howson had Rothwell, which he did, he then left him presumably because he thought Spence had him or because he looked at him and thought that isn't my man.   Man for man defending isn't ideal as when it breaks down everyone is all over the place.  It's also worth pointing out that we had Assombalonga almost in the left back slot there as well.  Anyway, this is the thing I'm talking about regarding our younger players.  A senior player has made the same mistake but somehow he isn't as much to blame.  It's stupid but it seems to be par for the course on here with some people.

• Like 2