oneBoro Forum

Boro v Blackburn 0-1

18 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

I’m confused as to why you would join a forum you believe home to fanatical individuals that give up time simply waiting for BORO to loose just so they can post negative comments. Then go on to post your own comments to the very same posters and expect them to be welcomed. I think that’s a bit rich from a new kid on the block, don’t you. 
By the way I think you will fit in quite nicely... 

Don’t worry mate I’ve been a long time stalker of the forum, not a new kid on the block 😉

Just thought it was about time I gave my own opinions (probably garbage as well) and knock a couple people down a peg

• Like 1
  • Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That smug little gobshite Branthwaite was smirking all the way off the pitch as Warnock spoke to him. Hope gets a lengthy retrospective ban.

Hopefully we play like we did last time vs Blackburn and batter them, only this time we actually score some of our chances please.

After a great away win v Forest is it now time to have a visit by our old friends Daniel Ayala, Stewart Downing, Ainsley Pears and Tony Mowbray and the rest of Blackburn. Blackburns last outing w

Posted Images

Just watched Warnock’s interview on mfc website and he sums up perfectly how I’m feeling. Totally gutted and lost interest in the game after the incident. I don’t remember coming away from a Boro game feeing so deflated because it feels like we were cheated today.

• Like 5
1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

No you can't. 

Spence thought that Howson had Rothwell, which he did, he then left him presumably because he thought Spence had him or because he looked at him and thought that isn't my man.   Man for man defending isn't ideal as when it breaks down everyone is all over the place.  It's also worth pointing out that we had Assombalonga almost in the left back slot there as well.  Anyway, this is the thing I'm talking about regarding our younger players.  A senior player has made the same mistake but somehow he isn't as much to blame.  It's stupid but it seems to be par for the course on here with some people.

Howson was marking Armstrong at the 1st phrase of the attack, but he lost him and then was scrambling round when he lost him and ended up going towards Rothwell because he was also ball watching. Rothwell was Spence man. Pause the attack when the ball gets fed into Armstrong and you can quite clearly see Spence is stood marking Rothwell with no1 even close by.😂 

Armstrong chance in the 2nd half when he fired over. Armstrong span off Spence and fired over. The are examples which lead to a direct shot, but there was many many more throughout the game but luckily didn't lead to a chance. 

You are right, about senior players not getting criticism I agree but it's week in week out SAME mistakes by the likes of Spence which isn't good enough.

I couldn't care if they are experienced players or not, if a player is making the same mistake week in and week out, I don't want him in our team. Period!

• Like 2

Spence isn't the real deal at RB, we knew that before kick off. We still aren't sure if he is a decent winger, apart from beating players with speed (but only if the ball is played at the right time). He should have been going wide to receive the ball and put a cross in when he lost possession for their goal. His decision making was dire, trying to dribble past (or through) a packed defence with five Red shirts queuing up for a cross to attack into the box. Losing it where and when in the manner that he did was footballing suicide.

Watch Spence then track back (not exactly busting a gut) and to make matters worse he doesn't even get into his right sided defence position. He wanders over, lost,  like a ten year old in the playground chasing the ball on the left hand side. Undoubtedly Howson should have been more alert and probably been covering the RB slot when Spence had gone upfield. Switching off certainly doesn't mitigate Jonny's culpability to a degree but the blame starts when Spence lost possession and then showed no fight to get back nor did his right sided partner Tavernier. We had no red shirts at all on our right hand side.

Losing Fry and then having an inexperienced Wood and Spence on the right side of defence was our achilles heel. A predictable accident waiting to happen. I'm surprised that Warnock didn't move Howson to RB when Wood came on dragging Morsy and Saville deeper, pushing Spence up on the right wing and putting Tav in the middle behind Britt. That's three "winnable" games now in recent weeks where we have screwed up the opportunity. Despite the Penalty farce, NW needs to take some responsibility, this wasn't an isolated result (or performance).

• Like 1

Its bad enough losing the game in that manner but the squads gonna be threadbare now,lets hope Dijks only out with a 'minor injury', fry will be missing  and Tavs groin injury will take a while to recover from. At least Fletcher is back & Hall soon, Think we need a few bodies in though if we have any hopes a play off place

• Like 1

The fry incident should have changed the game in our favour and we would likely have won if it had gone in our favour. 

However, it didn't and the game stayed as it was - 11vs11. Arguably wood coming on put us at a relative disadvantage due to his current ability Vs Fry's but this didn't cost us the game or directly influence key moments in the game. So we had the same task to do as we did prior to the game and we didn't manage it. 

The decision didn't make us miss the chances we had to take the lead. It didn't make us go to sleep for their attacks in the second half. It didn't make us go absolutely to pieces after they scored. We were playing good football until they scored in the first part of the second half, we should have won the game whether the decision was made our way or not. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Leesider said:

Its bad enough losing the game in that manner but the squads gonna be threadbare now,lets hope Dijks only out with a 'minor injury', fry will be missing  and Tavs groin injury will take a while to recover from. At least Fletcher is back & Hall soon, Think we need a few bodies in though if we have any hopes a play off place

I thought that Roberts made a difference when he came on and may get a chance if Tav is out. After the goal collectively the entire team gave up (Leadership?). Tav was involved in plenty of moves but invariably he took too long on the ball, too may touches and didn't deliver anything in to Britt (who had reverted to poor). 

1 minute ago, diggerlad07 said:

Howson was marking Armstrong at the 1st phrase of the attack, but he lost him and then was scrambling round when he lost him and ended up going towards Rothwell because he was also ball watching. Rothwell was Spence man. Pause the attack when the ball gets fed into Armstrong and you can quite clearly see Spence is stood marking Rothwell with no1 even close by.😂 

Armstrong chance in the 2nd half when he fired over. Armstrong span off Spence and fired over. The are examples which lead to a direct shot, but there was many many more throughout the game but luckily didn't lead to a chance. 

You are right, about senior players not getting criticism I agree but it's week in week out SAME mistakes by the likes of Spence which isn't good enough.

I couldn't care if they are experienced players or not, if a player is making the same mistake week in and week out, I don't want him in our team. Period!

I have seen it, Howson was stood right next to him mate, just outside the penalty area.  I don't remember Howson scrambling around for any reason at all, he was stood virtually still, watching the ball.  So essentially, Howson lost two players, ended up marking nobody, and then watched the ball roll through the area and still didn't react.  But Spence is the one getting ripped to shreds because he is a favourite target of some people.

• Like 3
8 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

I thought that Roberts made a difference when he came on and may get a chance if Tav is out. After the goal collectively the entire team gave up (Leadership?). Tav was involved in plenty of moves but invariably he took too long on the ball, too may touches and didn't deliver anything in to Britt (who had reverted to poor). 

Unfortunately mate there is about 6 other players that will need to be missing/injured before that happens.

• Like 1

Just for diggerlad:

First clip is when the attack begins.  The goalscorer is circled and Spence isn't near to him but is near to another Blackburn player

Screenshot_8.png

This is a few seconds later.  Howson has left Armstrong and actually changes direction because he has seen Rothwell and he's thinking he is going to run in behind him.

Screenshot_9.png

Rothwell doesn't run in behind him and now Howson is our furthest man back.  Both Howson and Spence can see where is.

Screenshot_10.png

This is when the ball get's played across.  All Howson has to do is move a few yards and clear the ball but he stands still for some reason, a man caught up in his own thoughts.  Spence does the game thing as well but he isn't in a position to just clear the bloody ball like Howson is.  

Screenshot_11.png

And who is marking these two players?  That's where our right back should be but because they have to do this stupid man to man marking thing, as soon as the opposition break or beat a man then we are in trouble.  So we can safely say that several players weren't where they were supposed to be but ironically, Spence was actually near to his man unlike some of the others, but he did switch off and that is a bad mistake to make.  It's just that it's far from the only mistake in that sequence.

Screenshot_12.png

Edited by Changing Times
  • Like 2

Howson clearly didn't cover himself with glory in that goal and was also at fault.

Not sure anyone is denying that.

But Spence drifted across the entire pitch in the build up to that goal, marking absolutely nobody.

He left his man on the left hand side to go stand behind the man he also wasn't marking.

Looking at CT's last picture our Right sided CB was on our Left hand side of the 18 yard box, our RB was in the middle of the "D" instead of getting back into position and our RW was twenty yards behind play. Our entire Right side of defence was AWOL. Howson was caught in two (maybe even three) minds and partly to blame without doubt but three players were not where they reasonably should have been. One being caught out is one thing but for all three to be missing is simply staggering. 

* make that second from last picture after his edit.

Edited by Redcar Rioja