• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That smug little gobshite Branthwaite was smirking all the way off the pitch as Warnock spoke to him. Hope gets a lengthy retrospective ban.

Hopefully we play like we did last time vs Blackburn and batter them, only this time we actually score some of our chances please.

After a great away win v Forest is it now time to have a visit by our old friends Daniel Ayala, Stewart Downing, Ainsley Pears and Tony Mowbray and the rest of Blackburn. Blackburns last outing w

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I have seen it, Howson was stood right next to him mate, just outside the penalty area.  I don't remember Howson scrambling around for any reason at all, he was stood virtually still, watching the ball.  So essentially, Howson lost two players, ended up marking nobody, and then watched the ball roll through the area and still didn't react.  But Spence is the one getting ripped to shreds because he is a favourite target of some people.

Quite clearly shows,(2nd photo) initial phrase of attack Howson picking up Armstrong and (1st photo) shows Spence marking Rothwell who then he loses completely and scores.

He's getting ripped to shreds because week after week he makes the same sh*t mistakes which cost us.

Everyone is entitled to opinion and I respect that but people seem to think you cant criticise or have an opinion on a youngster which is wrong when they are constantly making the same mistakes.

Screenshot_20210124-183848.png

Screenshot_20210124-183805.png

3 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Looking at CT's last picture our Right sided CB was on our Left hand side of the 18 yard box, our RB was in the middle of the "D" instead of getting back into position and our RW was twenty yards behind play. Our entire Right side of defence was AWOL. Howson was caught in two (maybe even three) minds and partly to blame without doubt but three players were not where they reasonably should have been. One being caught out is one thing but for all three to be missing is simply staggering. 

The question is, who mangers the line. Who calls to push, drop, come in, out, stay tight, pull out? It’s a clear lack of leadership and communication. 

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Just for diggerlad:

First clip is when the attack begins.  The goalscorer is circled and Spence isn't near to him but is near to another Blackburn player

Screenshot_8.png

This is a few seconds later.  Howson has left Armstrong and actually changes direction because he has seen Rothwell and he's thinking he is going to run in behind him.

Screenshot_9.png

Rothwell doesn't run in behind him and now Howson is our furthest man back.  Both Howson and Spence can see where is.

Screenshot_10.png

This is when the ball get's played across.  All Howson has to do is move a few yards and clear the ball but he stands still for some reason, a man caught up in his own thoughts.  Spence does the game thing as well but he isn't in a position to just clear the bloody ball like Howson is.  

Screenshot_11.png

And who is marking these two players?  That's where our right back should be but because they have to do this stupid man to man marking thing, as soon as the opposition break or beat a man then we are in trouble.  So we can safely say that several players weren't where they were supposed to be but ironically, Spence was actually near to his man unlike some of the others, but he did switch off and that is a bad mistake to make.  It's just that it's far from the only mistake in that sequence.

Screenshot_12.png

Reminds me of school football when kids run around in packs following the ball when just starting out. A bit like dogs and cats when you shine a laser light, OK that’s funny the former is not. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Howson clearly didn't cover himself with glory in that goal and was also at fault.

Not sure anyone is denying that.

But Spence drifted across the entire pitch in the build up to that goal, marking absolutely nobody.

He left his man on the left hand side to go stand behind the man he also wasn't marking.

He didn't leave his man on the left side.  That wasn't his man, that's my point.  Rothwell actually was his man, which is why he does drift across the pitch.  Spence's mistake was switching off but he was in the 'right' place, based on how we seem to want to defend, which seems to be that every player has a specific opposition player they are supposed to follow. 

Howson is marking nobody at all because he leaves Armstrong, who isn't his man in the first place, and he is also the only player in position to clear the ball, but he stops moving and stands still even when the opposition have gotten goal side of him.  You can't play anyone offside in that situation so what are you doing standing still when you know you're the last man back?   That is terrible play from a player who has enough experience to realise what is happening.  He does it time and time again, he did it when he was playing as a defender for us as well. 

2 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

The question is, who mangers the line. Who calls to push, drop, come in, out, stay tight, pull out? It’s a clear lack of leadership and communication. 

I mentioned "Leadership" in my reply to Leesider earlier, there wasn't much of it in evidence. Warnock has created a problem in giving the armband to Britt. It hasn't improved his game and he isn't a Leader. That's not Britt's fault but the lack of a Grant style Leader when they scored was an abject embarrassment.

• Like 3
Just now, Redcar Rioja said:

I mentioned "Leadership" in my reply to Leesider earlier, there wasn't much of it in evidence. Warnock has created a problem in giving the armband to Britt. It hasn't improved his game and he isn't a Leader. That's not Britt's fault but the lack of a Grant style Leader when they scored was an abject embarrassment.

I believe the captain must be someone in the back possibly midfield. Captaincy is not a reward but is given to leaders who can read and change games. 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Quite clearly shows,(2nd photo) initial phrase of attack Howson picking up Armstrong and (1st photo) shows Spence marking Rothwell who then he loses completely and scores.

He's getting ripped to shreds because week after week he makes the same sh*t mistakes which cost us.

Everyone is entitled to opinion and I respect that but people seem to think you cant criticise or have an opinion on a youngster which is wrong when they are constantly making the same mistakes.

Screenshot_20210124-183848.png

Screenshot_20210124-183805.png

Spence doesn't play every week to make those mistakes every week and most of the time he does play he isn't playing at right back so with respect you're just making stuff up.

I've shown you the freeze frames in much more detail than those two you've posted.  You can see where Howson decides to pick up Rothwell but then leaves him, just as he decided to pick up Armstrong and then left him as well.  So he left two players, still ended up in a position to clear the ball as our last man but stood still instead.  That's not me absolving Spence of blame because he still switches off like I said.  It's just that he clearly isn't the only one who has done this but he is the one getting the grief for it.  

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

Reminds me of school football when kids run around in packs following the ball when just starting out. A bit like dogs and cats when you shine a laser light, OK that’s funny the former is not. 

So the 1st picture you show - highlights exactly what I said. Howson marking Armstrong on the initial start of the attack and loses him - not good enough like I also said.

2nd picture shows Howson furthest back but he's not marking Rothwell. Spence is who is stood right alongside him. Cross comes in (poor cross) but Rothwell reacts and Spence is stood still thinking of how his agent can endure a move after his fancy step over in the 1st half which shortly resulted in him falling over as per because he's wearing slippers and not football boots.

Come on lads, give your heads a wobble. 

Yes, Howson was also at fault in some capacity, I said that but the goal came from Spence losing his man and poor decision making and marking as per usual.

And to @Changing Times He was in the team for a massive period earlier in the season as a wing back and we were talking about the same mistakes so that's not me making stuff up. It's me backing my earlier posts in the season up 👍

17 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

@TeaCider24 Think CT is trying to highlight the inconsistencies, when it comes to criticism of certain players. Rather than actually lay the blame at any one individual.

That's exactly what I'm doing.  To me, that goal is down to a few players and our defensive system as a whole.  Spence is one of those players certainly because he switches off after getting himself into the correct position to watch 'his' man.  Me personally, I think he should be 5-10 yards to the left of Howson in that final photo.  That's where I'd want my right back to be, positioned in a way to deal with a cross and to watch players coming in from the far side.  But we know from watching us that our players have to follow 'their' man wherever they go, which is why we sometimes end up with Bola or Spence in the middle of the park tracking players.  Didn't the foul on Spence in the first half come from him being virtually over on the left hand side following a player, then he nicked the ball and started to break?  I'm sure it was?

1 minute ago, diggerlad07 said:

So the 1st picture you show - highlights exactly what I said. Howson marking Armstrong on the initial start of the attack and loses him - not good enough like I also said.

2nd picture shows Howson furthest back but he's not marking Rothwell. Spence is who is stood right alongside him. Cross comes in (poor cross) but Rothwell reacts and Spence is stood still thinking of how his agent can endure a move after his fancy step over in the 1st half which shortly resulted in him falling over as per because he's wearing slippers and not football boots.

Yes, Howson was also at fault in some capacity, I said that but the goal came from Spence losing his man and poor decision making and marking as per usual.

And the picture I posted in between, which shows Howson changing direction to follow Rothwell is unimportant?  Well done for ignoring what you disagree with 🤦‍♂️

7 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

And to @Changing Times He was in the team for a massive period earlier in the season as a wing back and we were talking about the same mistakes so that's not me making stuff up. It's me backing my earlier posts in the season up 👍

You were talking about the same mistakes you mean and most of them were completely *** then as well

Screenshot_13.png

That's when Howson looks at Rothwell and leaves Armstrong.  You can see is looking at him.

Screenshot_14.png

That's a second or two later when Howson is quite clearly now marking Rothwell.  He thinks he is about to run in behind him so he completely changes direction and runs backwards first, but Rothwell stops.  The problem then is that Howson is doing nothing, because he isn't marking anyone but for some reason he also basically stops doing anything else.  He can clear the ball when it comes across but he stands still.  Blame Spence for switching off but then you have to blame Howson for the exact same thing.  He can clear the ball if he is just active basically but he isn't, he's stood watching instead.  

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

And the picture I posted in between, which shows Howson changing direction to follow Rothwell is unimportant?  Well done for ignoring what you disagree with 🤦‍♂️

Not disagreeing, but you are making an assumption in that photograph because like I say that is the 2nd phrase of the attack and it evolves into a goalscoring opportunity, and just further highlights to me the bad positioning of Howson and how he left the attacker after the 1st phase of the attack.

If Armstrong had scored, then I would of been giving howson pelters, but he didn't score, Rothwell did and who's marker was that......... Sorry it's going to pain you to agree, so we will just say it was Chuba Akpom fault eh? 

1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

You were talking about the same mistakes you mean and most of them were completely *** then as well

Must of been ****, that's why he's been playing week in week out since I made those comments and also Warnock has come out and said he switched off and could be playing In league 2.....  Are you Spence agent by any chance?