oneBoro Forum

Boro v Blackburn 0-1

7 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Not disagreeing, but you are making an assumption in that photograph because like I say that is the 2nd phrase of the attack and it evolves into a goalscoring opportunity, and just further highlights to me the bad positioning of Howson and how he left the attacker after the 1st phase of the attack.

If Armstrong had scored, then I would of been giving howson pelters, but he didn't score, Rothwell did and who's marker was that......... Sorry it's going to pain you to agree, so we will just say it was Chuba Akpom fault eh? 

Lol, I'm making an assumption about what?  Armstrong isn't Howson's man, he just picks him up as he's running across and then he leaves him anyway.  Howson then was marking Rothwell but for some reason you are choosing to ignore the bit where Howson starts to pick him up as if it's meaningless.  Howson is closer to Rothwell at almost every part of that attack right until the end but it has nothing to do with him and despite him being in position to just clear the ball, him standing completely still is also unimportant? 🙂

• Haha 1
  • Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That smug little gobshite Branthwaite was smirking all the way off the pitch as Warnock spoke to him. Hope gets a lengthy retrospective ban.

Hopefully we play like we did last time vs Blackburn and batter them, only this time we actually score some of our chances please.

After a great away win v Forest is it now time to have a visit by our old friends Daniel Ayala, Stewart Downing, Ainsley Pears and Tony Mowbray and the rest of Blackburn. Blackburns last outing w

Posted Images

34 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Quite clearly shows,(2nd photo) initial phrase of attack Howson picking up Armstrong and (1st photo) shows Spence marking Rothwell who then he loses completely and scores.

He's getting ripped to shreds because week after week he makes the same sh*t mistakes which cost us.

Everyone is entitled to opinion and I respect that but people seem to think you cant criticise or have an opinion on a youngster which is wrong when they are constantly making the same mistakes.

Screenshot_20210124-183848.png

Screenshot_20210124-183805.png

I totally agree with this it is not that Spence makes mistakes, but the fact that he keeps on making the same ones. Was he given the freedom to roam from side to side by the coaching staff or did he just decide that himself. If it was a tactical plan then other players were at fault because nobody coveted his position and a goal like the one Blackburn scored became inevitable 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Must of been ****, that's why he's been playing week in week out since I made those comments and also Warnock has come out and said he switched off and could be playing In league 2.....  Are you Spence agent by any chance?

We haven't been playing wingbacks have we so why would he be playing?  You've been making those comments since last season to be fair, it's not like you suddenly said it a couple of months ago.

I couldn't give a crap what Warnock says or thinks about anything.  Just another manager, like Pulis and Karanka before him, who find it easier to criticise the younger players because they don't have the same level of influence in the dressing room, and frankly, they aren't getting paid as much.  With Pulis it was Tav wasn't it and Wing?  Karanka had Traore in that final season.  Younger players get it all the time from managers for the same reason that they get it a lot from fans, it's all about perception.  If a younger player makes a mistake it's because of their inexperience, if an older player does then it's just one of those things and it often gets passed over like it doesn't matter.  That's something I don't like to see.

8 minutes ago, pikerman said:

I totally agree with this it is not that Spence makes mistakes, but the fact that he keeps on making the same ones. Was he given the freedom to roam from side to side by the coaching staff or did he just decide that himself. If it was a tactical plan then other players were at fault because nobody coveted his position and a goal like the one Blackburn scored became inevitable 

Bola does the same thing.  They even highlighted it during the game that we go man for man.  You think these players just suddenly decide to run across the pitch on a whim?

Once they scored we just did not look like getting back in the game, we just needed to put one of them chances away which we seemed really unlucky at times. Weirdly today in Moggas team I saw Pulis that's exactly how id expect his teams to setup and play which is kind of weird as wouldn't have expected that from one of his teams. A lot of what I wanted to say has already been covered further up the thread by majority so don't want to go over that. 

One of things though I noticed again, Roberts promises a lot is really exciting but when does he actually deliver? again today he was trying to do way too much and kept losing it, I actually thought we were worse when he came on. First season he was here I thought get a good team around him and he be great as he will trust other players more with the ball so will use his skills but not try do it all, we have a better team than last season but hes still trying to do it all himself and maybe that's the issue hes a talented player but will never reach his potential because he tries to do too much. Unfortunately at this point this season now we are scoring more team goals than individual pieces of brilliance I would send him back. 

You can argue about Spence and/or Howson not doing their jobs (and they probably didn't) until the cows come home but the fact remains that the man who would have been there to stop it had been taken off with a smashed eye/cheek after being assaulted by a Blackburn player who clearly should have been red carded by a total incompetent Referee.

As an experienced official there really is no excuse for his performance today

Mr Whitestone has quite a history with us as it turns out

12th May 2014 sent off Ayala in away win at Burnley

3rd Jan 2015 sent off Clayton in away win at Barnsley

14th Dec 2019 sent off Browne and McNair in away loss at Swansea

His career total Championship sendings off is 7!

It may well be another 4 year gap before he Refs us again

Oh yes - he's a copper as well

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
11 minutes ago, pikerman said:

Personally, we ask our CM's to drop into a defensive CB's sweeper roles when defending so I can see what Howson is doing in that position but he just ends up far too deep for my liking especially after losing Armstrong. He should be balling at Spence to get into the right back position and leave Rothwell to himself but like you say Spence has drifted all the way over from RB to CB to mark Rothwell leaving another 2 players free at the back post. Shocking/confusing defending all over but Spence is at fault.

@pikerman I wouldn't agree with me though, because certain posters will manipulate your words because you ain't entitled to see football in a different way. 👍

UTB. I will leave that argument there and use my social media platform tomorrow night to further vent my frustration.

I'm absolutely incensed about what happened to Fry today and the abject standard of refereeing in the Championship.

I totally agreed with Warnock's post-match comments- it was an absolute travesty of justice. Taking aside the fact he could have ended Fry's career with such a dangerous tackle, he almost blinded him in one eye.

That decision completely changes the game - Blackburn do not deserve to have 11 men on the pitch. They also deserve to face a penalty. Even if we had missed the penalty, we'd have had 70- odd minutes with a man advantage. How can a linesman and a referee miss something like that, and even if they missed it in real time, they clearly could have seen a coming together and then Fry with his face smashed up like a dropped Parmo. Then he could use his bloody common sense and take action.

I hate playing Blackburn, and anything involved with them, - going back to the three points debacle, to Gestede scoring that flipping goal against us, to the fact we got absolutely robbed today. And I was hugely disappointed in Mowbray's reaction - he didn't need to say "it's a man's game" - that's poor form.

I just had to vent - I've not been this angry in a long time after a game.

Also, hello to all the oldies, I've been away a long old while 🙂 Ham x

• Like 5
47 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

That's exactly what I'm doing.  To me, that goal is down to a few players and our defensive system as a whole. 

That's the exact same way I see it. As a unit we didn't cope with that situation well at all. Stemming from Britt trying some ju-jitsu on their player on the halfway line, Bola getting caught, for a split second, flat footed and not being able to track Elliot, Howson freezing and not moving to try and cut the cross out and finally Spence not tracking the run of Rothwell. It was a combination of errors that led to the goal not one single point.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, diggerlad07 said:

So the 1st picture you show - highlights exactly what I said. Howson marking Armstrong on the initial start of the attack and loses him - not good enough like I also said.

2nd picture shows Howson furthest back but he's not marking Rothwell. Spence is who is stood right alongside him. Cross comes in (poor cross) but Rothwell reacts and Spence is stood still thinking of how his agent can endure a move after his fancy step over in the 1st half which shortly resulted in him falling over as per because he's wearing slippers and not football boots.

Come on lads, give your heads a wobble. 

Yes, Howson was also at fault in some capacity, I said that but the goal came from Spence losing his man and poor decision making and marking as per usual.

And to @Changing Times He was in the team for a massive period earlier in the season as a wing back and we were talking about the same mistakes so that's not me making stuff up. It's me backing my earlier posts in the season up 👍

I didn’t post the pictures, I simply made comical comment 🤪Confused What Is It GIF by Nebraska Humane SocietyConfused What Is It GIF by Nebraska Humane Society