oneBoro Forum

Boro v Blackburn 0-1

3 minutes ago, Ayresome7 said:

We need Grant Hall back soon or an experienced brick shouse at the back. Felt we were soft at times today 

Genuinely forgot he was a Boro player. What a terrible signing

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That smug little gobshite Branthwaite was smirking all the way off the pitch as Warnock spoke to him. Hope gets a lengthy retrospective ban.

Hopefully we play like we did last time vs Blackburn and batter them, only this time we actually score some of our chances please.

After a great away win v Forest is it now time to have a visit by our old friends Daniel Ayala, Stewart Downing, Ainsley Pears and Tony Mowbray and the rest of Blackburn. Blackburns last outing w

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Uwe said:

Something like this would help us out. Custom made for the long ball tactic

E675F591-9EBD-4A29-AFB7-FB1F18C64ADD.jpeg

Just missing a windmill and some giant pinball flippers / bumpers for those random deflections. 😁

1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

No, he can just keep making mistakes for us instead 👍

Not actually a sarcastic comment at all.  Pointing out that when youngsters make mistakes it's because they aren't ready or aren't good enough but the same mistake from an experienced player doesn't even get a response from some people on here.  Maybe people need to look at that and consider if they are being fair to some players or not?

Yeah which is why I’ve literally just said Wood should go out on loan? I wasn’t taking about Howson or any other player in my comment, I was talking about Wood and how he doesn’t look ready for championship football. Not sure how that would be classed as being unfair to Wood.

Would like to say though, as poor as I felt he played, I don't blame Wood whatsoever.

He's only on the bench because we don't have any other senior defenders, and the plan would clearly be to loan him out for experience if we were able.

He was unfairly thrown in at the deep end, and I expect he will be a mainstay in a few years time.

6 minutes ago, pikerman said:

In my day that smirking ahole would have been sorted out on the pitch and would have been stretched off not allowed to walk off, then again it was the eighties

Imagine if he'd tried that with Vinnie Jones or someone like that...

Just now, BoroSmoggie said:

Yeah which is why I’ve literally just said Wood should go out on loan? I wasn’t taking about Howson or any other player in my comment, I was talking about Wood and how he doesn’t look ready for championship football. Not sure how that would be classed as being unfair to Wood.

Because we lost that game due to other players?  What did Wood have to do with that defeat exactly?  He got caught with the ball a couple of times cos he was actually trying to pass the ball to one of our players, unlike say McNair just lumping it forward.  He can get more experience playing for us, and if more senior players can stay here, get new bloody contracts, and keep playing, then I'm buggered as to why Wood needs to go anywhere on loan?   Sort out the senior players who aren't up to it before the young lads who are squad players just starting out in the game.

4 minutes ago, Aphex_Boro said:

Isn't really anyones fault that he has had such bad luck with injuries 

I didn't blame anyone, I just said it was a bad signing because he hasn't been able to get on the pitch. 

2 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Not significantly influenced?

Mate we should have been playing vs 10 men for 60+ minutes of the game, how's that not a significant influence?

We played 11v11 before and after the challenge and Wood fitted in just fine in Fry's absence. And like a few others, I think focusing on a red card that never was ignores how we played the rest of that game, it's far too easy to say how the game could have been different if we were playing against 10 rather than 11. Do you think we win that game if we play 60 minutes with a man advantage? I'm not so sure we do, to be honest, it's not a given so I think its significance is much less than how we played around the call and we should be much more concerned about how we play 11v11.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Barnaby said:

Not just Refs EFL have an agenda against Boro after SG had a pop at them last season 

I still say the Riverside was built on a sacred Indian burial site

• Haha 1
6 minutes ago, Aphex_Boro said:

Isn't really anyones fault that he has had such bad luck with injuries 

It's not his fault but if he spends 3 years taking home a wage whilst being sat on the injury table, it certainly raises questions about our ability to judge the long term fitness of signings. I'm not gonna say he's a dreadful signing right now but if what's happened so far is a sign of things to come, it's not a good look for anyone.

Just now, wilsoncgp said:

We played 11v11 before and after the challenge and Wood fitted in just fine in Fry's absence. And like a few others, I think focusing on a red card that never was ignores how we played the rest of that game, it's far too easy to say how the game could have been different if we were playing against 10 rather than 11. Do you think we win that game if we play 60 minutes with a man advantage? I'm not so sure we do, to be honest, it's not a given so I think its significance is much less than how we played around the call and we should be much more concerned about how we play 11v11.

We played poorly once they scored. Really, really poorly.

Saying a call that should turn the game into a 10v11 isn't significant is baffling mate. Of course that's significant. It was a horrible, horrible decision.

Do we score the penalty? Maybe
Do they score? Maybe.
Do we have more chances? Maybe. 

Space opens up and the whole game changes. The way they'd play changes, who they have on the pitch changes as they might sacrifice an attacker to replace the sent off CB. 

I have no issues with how Wood played, but I couldn't disagree more that the Fry incident didn't significantly influence the game.

• Like 1