Jump to content
oneBoro Forum

Recommended Posts

So many people on this forum can’t wait for and love for us to lose so they can pick away and tear at the team and the manager so they can justify their garbage opinions.

We were the better team in this game, Blackburn barely threatened our goal in the first half and even after the “incident” we were the better team and for 20 mins into the second half we were.

Events like the Fry injury change games. We would’ve won that game if that never happened, and we would’ve won if the right officiating decision was made - but it wasn’t and therefore we didn’t. If we went 1-0 in 20 mins Blackburn would not have had a sniff.

Instead the right decision isn’t made, we aren’t 1-0 up, we have an inexperienced defender against the best attack in the league, everyone’s head has gone and therefore we have a lapse of concentration at the worst time and are punished. That was all the result of the injury and it’s not an excuse that is a fact - we’ve had rotten luck. This isn’t a worrying form or the manager getting it wrong or the players not being good enough.

But hey-ho we are still only 3 points of the play-offs, which I think people on here underplay that feat especially with how small our squad is.

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Inevitably we are going to talk about the Fry incident and how it changed the game. 100% Penalty and red card. Playing 60odd mins left with 10 men Blackburn and it's a completely different result.

After the incident, we were poor and reverted back to lump ball like we did against Birmingham which is extremely frustrating especially at home against teams that we should be beating.

Playing teams away from home, we play some nice football and get the ball down but at home when teams put men behind the ball we struggle and revert to lump ball - Extremely poor.

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ogbeche173 said:

So many people on this forum can’t wait for and love for us to lose so they can pick away and tear at the team and the manager so they can justify their garbage opinions.

We were the better team in this game, Blackburn barely threatened our goal in the first half and even after the “incident” we were the better team and for 20 mins into the second half we were.

Events like the Fry injury change games. We would’ve won that game if that never happened, and we would’ve won if the right officiating decision was made - but it wasn’t and therefore we didn’t. If we went 1-0 in 20 mins Blackburn would not have had a sniff.

Instead the right decision isn’t made, we aren’t 1-0 up, we have an inexperienced defender against the best attack in the league, everyone’s head has gone and therefore we have a lapse of concentration at the worst time and are punished. That was all the result of the injury and it’s not an excuse that is a fact - we’ve had rotten luck. This isn’t a worrying form or the manager getting it wrong or the players not being good enough.

But hey-ho we are still only 3 points of the play-offs, which I think people on here underplay that feat especially with how small our squad is.

But when are we going to capitalise on this only three points out of play offs? The inconsistency is frustrating. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, diggerlad07 said:

Inevitably we are going to talk about the Fry incident and how it changed the game. 100% Penalty and red card. Playing 60odd mins left with 10 men Blackburn and it's a completely different result.

After the incident, we were poor and reverted back to lump ball like we did against Birmingham which is extremely frustrating especially at home against teams that we should be beating.

Playing teams away from home, we play some nice football and get the ball down but at home when teams put men behind the ball we struggle and revert to lump ball - Extremely poor.

 

Spot on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Blackburn only there second win in seven must think there Christmas and Birthday gift all came together as they travel home pleased and full of joy. 
BORO won’t see the funny side of being stuffed by two former managers in the last two home games. I bet SG is spitting feathers.. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Barnaby said:

I still say the Riverside was built on a sacred Indian burial site

 

We need mystic Maureen back

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

Spot on. 

It just highlights the need for proper wing men who can score and create and is direct.

Not someone like Johnson who puts crosses in... We need a wide man with pace who beats players and causes havoc - someone exactly like Bolasie (although I don't think he will come now)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Because we lost that game due to other players?  What did Wood have to do with that defeat exactly?  He got caught with the ball a couple of times cos he was actually trying to pass the ball to one of our players, unlike say McNair just lumping it forward.  He can get more experience playing for us, and if more senior players can stay here, get new bloody contracts, and keep playing, then I'm buggered as to why Wood needs to go anywhere on loan?   Sort out the senior players who aren't up to it before the young lads who are squad players just starting out in the game.

When did I say Wood was to blame for today? I never said he was because I don’t believe he was to blame for today, not even close.
How will Wood get more experience staying here getting sub cameos every couple weeks? You get experience playing games, and consecutive games at that. That’s the only way he’s going to improve as a player. What you’re saying is that because some players are getting new contracts etc then we shouldn’t bother trying to improve younger players by sending them out on loan? Going out on loan isn’t a punishment to the lad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Sort out the senior players who aren't up to it before the young lads who are squad players just starting out in the game.

This 100 times over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Brunners said:

We played poorly once they scored. Really, really poorly.

Saying a call that should turn the game into a 10v11 isn't significant is baffling mate. Of course that's significant. It was a horrible, horrible decision.

Do we score the penalty? Maybe
Do they score? Maybe.
Do we have more chances? Maybe. 

Space opens up and the whole game changes. The way they'd play changes, who they have on the pitch changes as they might sacrifice an attacker to replace the sent off CB. 

I have no issues with how Wood played, but I couldn't disagree more that the Fry incident didn't significantly influence the game.

I honestly hadn't even thought about the penalty and potentially going 1-0 up writing that, I think I've lost the plot just watching the incident back again and again and just so focused on the lack of a red card I've almost forgotten that it would have probably led to us scoring.

Despite saying that, I still essentially believe we could and should have won the game regardless of what happened there, that's why I describe it as lacking significance. Perhaps the wrong choice of word.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Ogbeche173 said:

So many people on this forum can’t wait for and love for us to lose so they can pick away and tear at the team and the manager so they can justify their garbage opinions.

We were the better team in this game, Blackburn barely threatened our goal in the first half and even after the “incident” we were the better team and for 20 mins into the second half we were.

Events like the Fry injury change games. We would’ve won that game if that never happened, and we would’ve won if the right officiating decision was made - but it wasn’t and therefore we didn’t. If we went 1-0 in 20 mins Blackburn would not have had a sniff.

Instead the right decision isn’t made, we aren’t 1-0 up, we have an inexperienced defender against the best attack in the league, everyone’s head has gone and therefore we have a lapse of concentration at the worst time and are punished. That was all the result of the injury and it’s not an excuse that is a fact - we’ve had rotten luck. This isn’t a worrying form or the manager getting it wrong or the players not being good enough.

But hey-ho we are still only 3 points of the play-offs, which I think people on here underplay that feat especially with how small our squad is.

I’m confused as to why you would join a forum you believe home to fanatical individuals that give up time simply waiting for BORO to loose just so they can post negative comments. Then go on to post your own comments to the very same posters and expect them to be welcomed. I think that’s a bit rich from a new kid on the block, don’t you. 
By the way I think you will fit in quite nicely... 
 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I felt literally sick during the whole game ...

How can someone say, that the Fry incident and the handling of the matter by the ref, didn't effect the result?

 

If we had scored a pen and 10 men Blackburn would have to open up to get an equalizer, we would hit them hard and win at least 2-0

But there were no justice... Instead we have to field a much inexperienced player ... 

Tav being injured made my stomach turn again..

 

Their goal made me scream at Howson's weird resignation...

 

No luck for but plenty crap against ..

What a day 🤎💩

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Btw can I just add to my previous post.... The marking for the goal was completely horrendous and unacceptable and once again SPENCE clueless at defending and losing his marker... The guy is stealing a living

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...