oneBoro Forum

2 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Chapman's gone on loan to Shrewsbury.

Downing hasn't left the bench in the last two matches and hasn't started all season.

We could well lose, but thankfully I doubt it will be because of a former player (excluding Mowbray).

Didn't know that about Chapman. When be lit up the kids European tournament and scored that worldie against Torino (I think it was) I thought he was gonna be the next big thing. Pity it's never happened for him.

3 hours ago, Neverbefore said:

Still a chance of downing, Chapman and pears to score against us! If the Newport keeper can manage it...

Cheers NB, I wasn't worried about the match until I saw this! 

• Haha 1

Article in our local paper where the blackburn local reporter has given a lowdown on the ex boro lads.

said its been injury after injury for Ayala and to give a player with his injury record a 3yr deal is “baffling”.

Said Pears has really struggled as well when given opportunity. His highlight being keeping a clean sheet v us but in the other games he has looked vulnerable.

Downing is only one who gets a positive review but that his experience and natural talent does still show in games.

11 hours ago, TeaCider24 said:

I hadn't realised how few Championship matches there are this weekend, only 4 of the 12 fixtures.

Be good if we can get points on the board tomorrow.

Possibly FA cup fixtures.. 

Morning all, well game day and is there any chance of sever snow in Middlesbrough today?

1 hour ago, Downsouth said:

Morning all, well game day and is there any chance of sever snow in Middlesbrough today?

Dont think so. It's freezing, but no precipitation forecast. 

1 hour ago, Downsouth said:

No idea but we had a decent flurry down here in Huntingdon...sadly the ground was still wet from all the recent rain and it was gone after a few hours.

Seem to have had a bit more overnight, but only patches.

Wouldn't have thought snow would be a problem for Boro, as they have pitch covers and undersoil heating, don't they?

Or am I going completely insane?

• Like 1

C'mon Boro! 

The game at their place earlier in the season we were far the better team & should have won comfortably, hopefully we put our chances away this afternoon if they come our way & put more pressure on the playoff teams 

I love a good Sunday game. Usually easier to find the time to watch it. This one is on tv too so hoping for a better showing than last weekend. 

I think we have very much missed Howson as by him being in midfield it gives Tav opportunity to free roam more with watmore and britt. 

Just seen on twitter that our last draw was 14 games ago against Brentford. At the start of the season we seemed to draw every match 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

No snow but it's bloody freezing here in Hartlepool!

I was going to say something about anatomical hazards for brass monkeys, but when I saw you were in Hartlepool, I changed my mind, so I will just agree there is a nip in the air

• Haha 2

Plenty of snow down my neck of the woods. Normally it goes straight over us, it's been a good few years since we got this much snow.