oneBoro Forum

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That smug little gobshite Branthwaite was smirking all the way off the pitch as Warnock spoke to him. Hope gets a lengthy retrospective ban.

Hopefully we play like we did last time vs Blackburn and batter them, only this time we actually score some of our chances please.

After a great away win v Forest is it now time to have a visit by our old friends Daniel Ayala, Stewart Downing, Ainsley Pears and Tony Mowbray and the rest of Blackburn. Blackburns last outing w

Posted Images

1 minute ago, TeaCider24 said:

I'll stay off here till half time anyway, seems my stream is 10-20 seconds behind the Sky one.

I don't let that put me off.

Folks are now used to me commenting on stuff 2 minutes later. 😁

Was it against these in the reverse game, they had a player injured early, a central defender, who had been their weak link... We didn't look to score much after that sub ?

Just now, SmogDane said:

Was it against these in the reverse game, they had a player injured early, a central defender, who had been their weak link... We didn't look to score much after that sub ?

Huddersfield away was the game you're thinking of.

• Like 1

• Latest Posts

• For me, we need to appoint a manager with some sort of track record that has a style and philosophy that fits the brief set by Gibson and given to Scott. A newbie would be a huge risk as there is no evidence to back up management style, newbies could be anything. Yes, they can work out, successful managers have to start somewhere, but more fail than make it. A newbie with pulling power like Bryan Robson would attract players on reputation, but without tactical nous and man management skills it can unravel quickly.  Scott will likely be the big influencer for Gibson. His vision needs to fit into recruitment strategy, but also retention,  taking account of the squad we currently have. As said above, while the jigsaw analogy is a fair one, getting the balance right is no easy task. Too experienced a coach and they can be set in their ways, tried and trusted styles that have been successful only work if the players at the club can adapt quickly. I would like to see someone who is early in their management career, with a decent grounding as a manager at a lower level, improved the team or teams he has been at, has drive and ambition to get to the top, but not someone who sees Boro as a mere stepping stone, someone who wants to hang around and be a part of any future success. Someone who has good man management skills and a vision that mirrors that of the clubs forward strategy. As for names, I really don’t have any, I will leave that to Scott and Gibson and place my trust that they get things right between them at the first time of asking.   
    • Or as someone who allegedly loved his particularly young fresh Oats so much he was actually named after them once said "I am just going outside and may be some time." 
    • Maybe what's happened is the Ameobi Experiment.  We signed him and then tried to make him invisible to opposition players.  Something went wrong with the experiment however, and whilst to anyone looking on we did indeed make him disappear, he is not actually invisible, but has in fact travelled through time to the year 1984.  Or, he has a dicky knee.  Could be either 🤷‍♂️
    • He is being prepared as our new manager next season? 😄
    • I don’t think there is anything in particular going on. My guess is that he is just completely crocked and will not play for us ever