oneBoro Forum

Boro v Blackburn 0-1

After a great away win v Forest is it now time to have a visit by our old friends Daniel Ayala, Stewart Downing, Ainsley Pears and Tony Mowbray and the rest of Blackburn.

old friends olds GIF

Blackburns last outing was a 1-1 draw v Stoke.  They had a game at Ewood Park postponed last Tuesday v Swansea, cause they didn't invest in a nice pitch rain coat like the Sheriff of Nottingham did, so the pitch was moister than an oister.

water gushing GIF by Make it Move

Blackburns star striker this season is Adam Armstrong, so if we can man mark the living daylight out of him, then we should be able to beat this lot. 

The viking prediction is a 3-1 win for the Boro, if we can play just 80 % as good as v Forest. 

It's time to be consistent, cause we can be, and get into them play off spots! 

Jim Mora Playoffs GIF

Time for some Late Night Mic Drop GIF by The Rundown with Robin Thede

1: Team and formation? 

2: Is it good to change a winning team? 

3: Will Morsy get another yellow card for just being Morsy? 

4: Can Britt follow up on an above par performance? 

5: Is Saville finally going to be what we bought him for.. A goal contributer? 4 goals and 4 assists so far...

6: Iron Maiden or Def Leppard? 

7: Our last handful of games this season are easy on paper .. If we keep within reach of the play off spots .. Can we push for it in the last 8-10 games?

8: Who is this mystery signing (winger who can play as a striker)? 

View from the other site: https://www.brfcs.com/forums/forum/4-blackburn-rovers-fans-messageboard

Election 2020 Win GIF by INTO ACTION

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That smug little gobshite Branthwaite was smirking all the way off the pitch as Warnock spoke to him. Hope gets a lengthy retrospective ban.

Hopefully we play like we did last time vs Blackburn and batter them, only this time we actually score some of our chances please.

After a great away win v Forest is it now time to have a visit by our old friends Daniel Ayala, Stewart Downing, Ainsley Pears and Tony Mowbray and the rest of Blackburn. Blackburns last outing w

Posted Images

1. Same formation as the Forest game. Expect Akpom to come in for Britt and Wing for Tav.

2. Not really but with the way this season's fixtures have been affected, it's often vital.

3. Yes. Refs have it in for him but he doesn't help himself sometimes.

4. No, see point number 1.

5. He's getting there!

6. Maiden, clearly

7. We're too inconsistent to make the playoffs. We might sneak in there but I doubt it.

8. Atsu (in my opinion would be a good signing, he's not being given a chance at Newcastle which given their situation is pretty shocking.)

1: Team and formation? Same as last night. 

No

3: Will Morsy get another yellow card for just being Morsy?  Yes, he’s a bit Morsy

4: Can Britt follow up on an above par performance?  It’ll be tough. 

5: Is Saville finally going to be what we bought him for.. A goal contributer? 4 goals and 4 assists so far... I reckon he’ll bag a couple more before the end of the season. 

No contest, Maiden were far more original. Def Leppard were a bit of a one trick pony. 

7: Our last handful of games this season are easy on paper .. If we keep within reach of the play off spots .. Can we push for it in the last 8-10 games? We’re not quite consistent enough this season. 

8: Who is this mystery signing (winger who can play as a striker)? Well beck’s not getting much game time at Brighton. 

1. Team and formation? 

Same as the last game, with Watmore the first name on the teamsheet.

I wouldn't say so, no. So much of football is about confidence, and a winning team develops trust in its component parts. Unless a player is suffering from a knock or fatigue, I'd never change a winning lineup.

Nailed on.

While the transfer window is still open, yes. Expect a return to ballooning shots over the bar from the first of Fbruary.

5: Is Saville finally going to be what we bought him for.. A goal contributer? 4 goals and 4 assists so far...

Not for the first time, Neil Warnock is getting the best out of a Boro player. I always wondered what the point of Saville was, but he's beginning to offer a worthwhile presence in the squad - belatedly, but still very welcome.

Def Leppard have done some good songs, and I respect them for what they are, but Maiden *** all over them. No Prayer For the Dying still sounds great 30 years on, and Maiden have inspired so many of the bands I love that they'll always have a special place in my heart. Though it's best to pretend the Blaze Bayley era never happened.

7: Our last handful of games this season are easy on paper .. If we keep within reach of the play off spots .. Can we push for it in the last 8-10 games?

Yes. We've been maddeningly inconsistent this season, but I think only Norwich are significantly better than us when we perform to anything like our full potential. It's a measure of the transformation Warnock has wrought on the likes of Bola, Saville and Dijksteel that I would be disappointed to miss out on the play-offs - though I accept it's a very real possibility.

Gawd knows, but I hope he has a brother we can also sign...

• Like 2

Will have a think about these questions tomorrow, but Iron Maiden or Def Leapard, I don't know any track byceitger group, can I add a track, group of my own, only kidding

Sunday is, the return of Boro legend Tony Mowbray & probably one of the best player to come through our academy, Stuart Downing 

3 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

9 games for them, 3 major injuries (if you include the one he had when he first signed).

Classic Dani 🤦‍♂️

Good opening post I hope to see your thread again for Rotherham 🙂

1:Team and formation? 
Exactly same side as he started at Nottingham Forrest as believe its best side we have baring Fletcher. 

2: Is it good to change a winning team?  Nope it isn't unless player is really knackered 

Yeah he will 

I think/hope as his contract is up we may see the best of Britt as he sure will wanna try earn biggest deal he can in the summer and we are his stage for showtime 

5: Is Saville finally going to be what we bought him for.. A goal contributer? 4 goals and 4 assists so far...
With Morsey it enables him to burst in the box with great effect so defiently be more of a goal scoring contribution from him 

Iron Maiden

Yeah it's just our strength in depth see at LB dropping from Bola to Coulson is downgrade then at RB Dijksteel provides defensive steal remove him for Spence we are a lot worse defensively. Then in Midfield losing someone so Wing is required is downgrade. The reason Norwich are where they are is due to having two quality players in every position really. 

It has got to be Grosicki don't think any other fit the words Warnock said.

we are inconsistent but we have Big J back in midfield.  first game back and it was like he never went away motm by a mile. when some of the younger lads are struggling to pass 5 yards he gets the ball and slips his markers carries the ball miles, plays in key passes making it look easy. he surely has lifted squad coming back into the team.  results will improve now. wouldnt be surprised to go on another winning run now. think we'll beat norwich to. they rode their luck last time out. we'll have them this time. blackburn have fell away we can win that one to.

• Like 1

1: Team and formation? Same same. Can't change after such a showing. I'd like to see Tav central with Johnson on the wing but I can't drop any of Sav, Morsy and Howson after wednesday.

2: Is it good to change a winning team? Depends on circumstances but generally no.

3: Will Morsy get another yellow card for just being Morsy? Think he will give it a bit of a rest and avoid a card.

4: Can Britt follow up on an above par performance? Yes. He'll bag a brace.

5: Is Saville finally going to be what we bought him for.. A goal contributer? 4 goals and 4 assists so far... It's certainly looking better now.

6: Iron Maiden or Def Leppard? Not even a contest. Maiden all the way.

7: Our last handful of games this season are easy on paper .. If we keep within reach of the play off spots .. Can we push for it in the last 8-10 games? I think we can, but I'm afraid we'll just miss out.

8: Who is this mystery signing (winger who can play as a striker)? No idea. But my guess is Kebano.

1 hour ago, Dynamo Kev said:

we are inconsistent but we have Big J back in midfield.  first game back and it was like he never went away motm by a mile. when some of the younger lads are struggling to pass 5 yards he gets the ball and slips his markers carries the ball miles, plays in key passes making it look easy. he surely has lifted squad coming back into the team.  results will improve now. wouldnt be surprised to go on another winning run now. think we'll beat norwich to. they rode their luck last time out. we'll have them this time. blackburn have fell away we can win that one to.

Let's not go crazy, howson was man of the match more for his defensive performance, he made zero successful dribbles and his pass success rate was only 58%, only morsey and bettinelli had worse. Our players always get better when they're injured!