• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That smug little gobshite Branthwaite was smirking all the way off the pitch as Warnock spoke to him. Hope gets a lengthy retrospective ban.

Hopefully we play like we did last time vs Blackburn and batter them, only this time we actually score some of our chances please.

After a great away win v Forest is it now time to have a visit by our old friends Daniel Ayala, Stewart Downing, Ainsley Pears and Tony Mowbray and the rest of Blackburn. Blackburns last outing w

Posted Images

1: Team and formation? 

If we want consistency in performances & results, it starts with consistency of teams. Never  change a winning formula I say. Same as the Forest lineup, unless injuries / fatigue make changes necessary.

2: Is it good to change a winning team? 

See above answer.

3: Will Morsy get another yellow card for just being Morsy? 

Probably - cause refs are stupid. But Samwise doesn't help himself either. Is he one of those players who just isn't as effective if he doesn't "put himself about", as pundits like to say?

4: Can Britt follow up on an above par performance? 

We have to hope so. Its the old cliché that goals breed confidence. Score one and more will follow...hopefully.

5: Is Saville finally going to be what we bought him for...a goal contributor? 4 goals and 4 assists so far.

Is that what we bought him for? I always did wonder... Well, the more, the merrier as far as I'm concerned.

6: Iron Maiden or Def Leppard? 

Both. Maiden have definitely been the more consistent and have more interesting songs (if you're a fan of history, warfare, mythology and the usual prog metal subjects). Leppard wrote too many ballads for my liking and chased commercial success, but also wrote some absolute belters.

Anyway, here are a couple of gratuitous videos:

7: Our last handful of games this season are easy on paper. If we keep within reach of the play off spots...can we push for it in the last 8-10 games?

I think this is what most of us are expecting. Personally I'm still worried that we're not consistent enough and could fall away, being typical Boro and losing games we should win. But would be happy to be proved wrong.

8: Who is this mystery signing (winger who can play as a striker)? 

I'll leave this to the ITK faction. Your guess is as good as mine. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by AnglianRed
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Neverbefore said:

Let's not go crazy, howson was man of the match more for his defensive performance, he made zero successful dribbles and his pass success rate was only 58%, only morsey and bettinelli had worse. Our players always get better when they're injured!

STATS mean nothing really. cant judge a player on stats. johnny is a key player for us and he also dribbled round a guy and played britt in for his goal, so if we are looking at stats i'd say that was not so defensive. as for the stupid pass completion stats. johnny plays the ball forward a lot so that stat is still a good stat. 

Blimey, what a performance at Forest. We were exceptional.

However, Mogga will bring a different challenge. Blackburn will press high and run the channels. They also have quality too.

Undoubtedly a tough game, and too tough for the Boro. Defeat therefore is inevitable.

I'm going big with this one. It's a 3-1 away win.

7 hours ago, Downsouth said:

Need to get back to winning ways at home so massive game and certainly no sentiments for former Boro associates.

We are hot and cold with results so need to be hot, hot, hot again!

I've put the Birmingham game down to covid & frozen training pitches, and was a blip, I hope I'm right

• Like 1