• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That smug little gobshite Branthwaite was smirking all the way off the pitch as Warnock spoke to him. Hope gets a lengthy retrospective ban.

Hopefully we play like we did last time vs Blackburn and batter them, only this time we actually score some of our chances please.

After a great away win v Forest is it now time to have a visit by our old friends Daniel Ayala, Stewart Downing, Ainsley Pears and Tony Mowbray and the rest of Blackburn. Blackburns last outing w

Posted Images

Think a lot of people on here are being too harsh on the team, the Fry challenge has clearly effected the players, they aren’t robots, and despite that we’ve been the more dangerous side.

Refocus over half-time, let Wood compose himself and go out and clatter them second half!

• Like 1

Bola having a great game. 
Wood looks nervous, needs to realise he doesn’t have 30 seconds to pick each pass when he gets the ball. 
looking forward to seeing Fletcher get a run out when we’re 3-0 up in the last 20 minutes.

• Like 2

The more I see it the worse it gets. How is it not a red, penalty and possible 6 months in jail for ABH

image.gif.3a5df53d31c62ec3797023dec8e1dd11.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Wow - well I'm pretty sure no-one was expecting first half like that...players & managers included.

I think we just need to put it in the bin and start from scratch 2nd half.

Even before the Fry incident neither team looked that great, though I'd say Blackburn were causing us more problems that we were them.

Afterwards it looked like everyone had other things on their mind than football. Though Boro did at least put some good attacks together in the last 5-10 minutes.

But I think a change of tactics is needed 2nd half to help us get more of a grip on the game. Defensively we're looking vulnerable and too often resorting to long balls. Hopefully the last 5-10 minutes will have shown Warnock how we should be playing.

Just now, Uwe said:

The more I see it the worse it gets. How is it not a red, penalty and possible 6 months in jail for ABH

image.gif.3a5df53d31c62ec3797023dec8e1dd11.gif

Lol. At least that guy knew to expect it...and wrestling boots don't have studs.

On a more serious note I'd like to see their player get a 1-3 game ban, just to spell it out loud and clear that dangerous play like his won't be tolerated.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Missing Dijksteel.

Wood looks vulnerable but that's no fault of his or ours.

I don't think we are missing Dijksteel at all and Wood hasn't really look vulnerable so far.  Blackburn have had one shot in that half and that was in the 4th minute.  Not really sure where the vulnerability in our defensive play has been?  Spence lost his man for that first chance, which was poor from him, and didn't deal with the ball once after intercepting a pass, but other than that I've counted at least 3 good pieces of defending from him.  I can remember Wood misplacing a pass out for a throw in but can't remember too much bad defending from him?  Top scorers in the league and 1 shot in 45 mins seems ok to me?

1 minute ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

It was a red and a pen, but that's gone now its what we did from that situation and what we do from half time. Im disappointed at the tempo. 

This. If we don't win this we will definitely have a whinge about the incident but Blackburn are very much there to be beaten, If we turn up we should still be able to take the 3 points - if we don't the majority of the blame will be on us and not the ref. 

• Like 1
Just now, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

It was a red and a pen, but that's gone now its what we did from that situation and what we do from half time. Im disappointed at the tempo. 

It must be difficult but you're right. We have to get our heads in the game, I suspect Blackburn are thinking the same to be honest, we've probably done more since the incident, there was a point which came up during the match where we had 72% possession over 10 minutes after the incident and given the difference in systems and how we play, I reckon that alone shows how it's kind of killed the game for both sides, especially them.