• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

EFL Championship – Middlesbrough vs Rotherham, Wednesday 27th January at 7pm GMT Scene: Ext (Daytime). [An English country garden. Neil Warnock is deadheading laurels with shears when the si

We got beat tonight by a team that played better than we did. They had a centre forward that was prepared to come back into his own half to get the ball, then hold onto it and pass it at the right tim

Wow just wow! Birmingham, Blackburn and Rotherham at home and we play 3 defensive CM's at home. Absolutely negative tactics and substitutions costing us. How the hell did Howson, Saville and

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

Shame Betinelli never got sent off. 

Here's the thing, I think despite what the referee puts in his report tonight, that game from Bettinelli was violently bad. Could we maybe hope for retrospective action against him for violent conduct? Or is that hoping for too much? Billy might get behind that too because that one does affect what we do.

• Haha 2
Just now, White Band said:

He'll get two yellows for time wasting at some point - in a match where we've already made all our subs.

Not going to happen - you need to be in a winning position to make time wasting a thing

😁

We need a manager who offers some form of excitement. 

It looks like Gibbo is quite happy to settle for mid table Championship status. I see no ambition or intent and this has been caused by haphazard management decisions since Karanka left.

Spend some money on a decent manager. You know, like Leeds did with Bielsa.

If Warnock sticks around next season I'm tuning myself out. There's only so many seasons of this I can take. Monk, Pulis, Woodgate, Warnock... all the same sh***. Our insistence on employing British managers with 0 tactical nous is killing the love of the game for me.

Warnock is a brilliant man-manager who can squeeze decent performances out of otherwise average players, but his tactical set-up is prehistoric. Truly prehistoric. He plays a percentage game - kick enough balls into the channels and one will drop for us. Man-mark them across the pitch. Basic football that will get you a decent finish in this league (or a promotion, with a good enough squad) but (as his record proves) takes you absolutely nowhere once you come up against a bit of quality in the Prem or upper end of the Championship.

But then, do I trust Gibson to make the right call? No. Would he go abroad to find a manager from Germany or Spain or Italy who can bring their ideas to the table, or will he go for another guy who has a Teesside accent and can do a nice PowerPoint Presentation?

Exasperating. Truly an amateur ran football club across the board. Cba.

• Like 3

Wow just wow!

Birmingham, Blackburn and Rotherham at home and we play 3 defensive CM's at home. Absolutely negative tactics and substitutions costing us.

How the hell did Howson, Saville and morsy stay on the pitch for 90mins when we made 5 changes? That says it all for me and it's costing us at home. Can understand it away from home when the emphasis isn't on us to attack but it's way too negative to play at home especially against the weaker sides.

No Britt and Akpom together again which is infuriating especially when you are chasing a game and getting beat.

No positives at all for me tonight and just hope this a wake up call to get bodies in asap.

• Like 5
1 minute ago, diggerlad07 said:

Wow just wow!

Birmingham, Blackburn and Rotherham at home and we play 3 defensive CM's at home. Absolutely negative tactics and substitutions costing us.

How the hell did Howson, Saville and morsy stay on the pitch for 90mins when we made 5 changes? That says it all for me and it's costing us at home. Can understand it away from home when the emphasis isn't on us to attack but it's way too negative to play at home especially against the weaker sides.

No Britt and Akpom together again which is infuriating especially when you are chasing a game and getting beat.

No positives at all for me tonight and just hope this a wake up call to get bodies in asap.

Won't make a difference.

It's tactics, not just personnel.

Long ball hoofs to a small attack. Useless.

2 minutes ago, TheJew said:

Won't make a difference.

It's tactics, not just personnel.

Long ball hoofs to a small attack. Useless.

I completely agree the tactics at home are to blame.

Maybe not personnel, but least our striker won't be isolated like they have been for the past 3/4 seasons if we went 2 up top.

3 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

I completely agree the tactics at home are to blame.

Maybe not personnel, but least our striker won't be isolated like they have been for the past 3/4 seasons if we went 2 up top.

We could have gone 2 up top tonight...

Imagine playing long-range percentage passes to a team that has Patrick Roberts up top in a front 3. He's 5'6.

Well, surely the striker is tall, good in the air, can help bring them down? No. Assombalonga is 5'10. Watmore is 5'9.

What is the actual thinking? Neil says he reads the forums some times. Here you go Neil. Don't answer the TRIPE questions you get off the Gazette next conference. Genuinely answer this. Why are you playing long ball to that front 3?

• Like 1