oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Rotherham 0-3

4 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

I still maintain that it was a poor transfer window. 

Hall hasn't made an impression so far for obvious reasons. 

Morsy doesn't do anything that our other midfielders already do

Bettinelli has been woeful

Akpom doesn't look up to this level.

Roberts has barely played. 

If it wasn't for watmore it makes for very poor reading half way through the season. 

I think Morsy has been exactly what we expected, whether or not we needed him is another question. Akpom looks to me to be as good as Britt but at 20% of the cost, now whether a budget Britt is what we want or indeed need is again open to debate. Had Britt been sold then it would have looked a good bit of business I suppose. Neither Akpom or Morsy have "improved" the team, they have just bulked out the squad.

So far Hall has been unlucky but I wasn't altogether overwhelmed by what I saw before his injury. Fry and McNair seem better so again apart from bulking out the squad it's debateable about what he adds. Roberts is a conundrum wrapped up in an enigma as far as Warnock is concerned, understandably not trusted to do the hard yards but also not utilised in troubling the opposition. 

The less said about Bettinelli the better. So overall we have signed players to cover gaps but not signed players who are better than who were already here.

• Like 2
  • Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

EFL Championship – Middlesbrough vs Rotherham, Wednesday 27th January at 7pm GMT Scene: Ext (Daytime). [An English country garden. Neil Warnock is deadheading laurels with shears when the si

We got beat tonight by a team that played better than we did. They had a centre forward that was prepared to come back into his own half to get the ball, then hold onto it and pass it at the right tim

Wow just wow! Birmingham, Blackburn and Rotherham at home and we play 3 defensive CM's at home. Absolutely negative tactics and substitutions costing us. How the hell did Howson, Saville and

Posted Images

3 hours ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

I didn’t see the game last night I was busy (I hate those 7pm matches) was it another game where our players hoofed the ball up field all match?

We had our chances and a game of could have been had we taking them, but overall pretty dire lack luster attempt and resorted to huffing the ball into no mans land. It’s hard to judge games as it depends on expectations and emotions at the time of watching. 

3 hours ago, Whoppy said:

I don't agree with this. We have produced some really good and really flat performances but with the group we have there is no doubt NW is getting the best out the squad. Last night I really felt the absence of Dijksteel and Fry and defence and the craft of Tav in attacking postions. Our lack of height and physicality just did not match up to that of Rotherham, but there wasn't a huge amount of options to change that. I didn't agree with all of NW's decisions last night, not least a straight swap with the strikers instead of adding the second striker but I think given how the season has gone and progressed from last and the resources he has it's unfair to blame his formation and tactics. If you blamed the clubs lack of transfers on the other hand...

I accept your well prepared posting but I do think NW lacks creative thinking, holds grudges, over cautious, stale. 

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Humpty said:

I don't think there's anyone you can absolve of blame for that *** show. The team lacked cohesiveness, direction and a plan. This blame lies with Warnock. As far as on the pitch performances go, no player did themselves any justice. Some were worse than others. We were a shambles from front to back. Never thought i'd see a Warnock team put in a performance like that.

This matches up with what I said in the other thread about targeting individuals. I don't think there's an individual who came out of that game looking particularly better than anyone else, it was shambolic across the team so the likes of our young players in Wood and Spence getting individual blame, for me, seems rash.

I really liked Spence when he got into the team, the month of his POTM award he was a breath of fresh air to a slow team. Since then though he just looks very raw to me... he can beat a man and has pace but not a great deal else, he's suspect defensively, looks devoid of ideas in the final third and when in possession i'm constantly nervous he's about to be tackled. Also has any spotted he falls over all the time? I've never seen anything quite like it! 

2 minutes ago, White Band said:

I have thought of two positive things from this game:

Morsy didn't get booked 

None of our players got injured (not counting Morsy's head as he carried on without a problem)

Anything else? 

Another 90 minutes closer to fitness for Fletcher, Hall, Dijksteel and Tav? I'm clutching at straws!

I did find this defeat far less painful than the Blackburn game though. Still not over that

2 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

This matches up with what I said in the other thread about targeting individuals. I don't think there's an individual who came out of that game looking particularly better than anyone else, it was shambolic across the team so the likes of our young players in Wood and Spence getting individual blame, for me, seems rash.

Watmore looked most likely to - until we conceded

2 hours ago, Whoppy said:

Another 90 minutes closer to fitness for Fletcher, Hall, Dijksteel and Tav? I'm clutching at straws!

I did find this defeat far less painful than the Blackburn game though. Still not over that

Know what you mean what is it with Boro and home matches in January?

The thing is had we played Rotherham when we should have done I believe this would not have been the outcome, in fact our momentum took a turn for the worse because of the cancellation

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Redcar Rioja said:

For me Morsy is a good signing to beef up the squad but its either Morsy or Howson for me, not Both.

I agree regarding this. Morsy was a good player to bring in, especially as we needed someone who could screen the back 4 and break up play, he also does the unseen/dirty work too which I think we had missed in our midfield (especially after Clayton's form dropped off a cliff). For me I can understand the midfield 3 in games away from home and against better opposition, but when we play at home and when we play the "lower" teams we need to play with just 2 of the 3, Howson or Morsy partnering Saville.

• Like 1
19 hours ago, Old Codger said:

I am old enough....  and distinctly remember the game he was leaning against the post watching as a shot was going well over....   till the last second 🙂

I have a memory of standing in the Holgate End watching Willie at the opposite end lining up a defensive wall against Arsenal. He stood behind it as Graham Rix sidefooted the ball into the net. Maybe my memory is playing up.