• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

EFL Championship – Middlesbrough vs Rotherham, Wednesday 27th January at 7pm GMT Scene: Ext (Daytime). [An English country garden. Neil Warnock is deadheading laurels with shears when the si

We got beat tonight by a team that played better than we did. They had a centre forward that was prepared to come back into his own half to get the ball, then hold onto it and pass it at the right tim

Wow just wow! Birmingham, Blackburn and Rotherham at home and we play 3 defensive CM's at home. Absolutely negative tactics and substitutions costing us. How the hell did Howson, Saville and

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Issues with the pitch raised by Warnock in the press conference, no surprise there.

They've been overwatering the pitch for yonks. This should nave been picked up long ago, player constantly losing their footing, add Tavernier missing that penalty too.

1 minute ago, Erimus 63 said:

They've been overwatering the pitch for yonks. This should nave been picked up long ago, player constantly losing their footing, add Tavernier missing that penalty too.

It doesn't help that it doesn't look like any of our players are wearing proper long studs anymore,

1 minute ago, Erimus 63 said:

Agreed.

It's mad that it's not been sorted.

Think it is fair to say that with our woeful home games played in January record and the fact that we have lost all televised Sky games since NW arrived the game against Rotherham is THE MOST IMPORTANT GAME OF THE SEASON...... to be played at home in January................so far!!!

This will be a real kick in the teeth should we lose especially as the transfer news is so bad!

Just watched the press conference. Talk about dark arts. Warnock piling huge pressure on the ref. Great stuff. No matter what he does he's getting it in the neck - gives us a penalty and Rotherham will says he's been pressured.

I wonder if one of the young lads will get a run instead of Tav? And I really hope Dijksteel is back.

On 1/25/2021 at 8:50 AM, RiseAgainst said:

1.       Did Sunday’s game make you wish you’d never got into football in the first place?

2.       Since we lost the last game, should we be expecting to win this one?

3.       Can you name eleven fit Boro players and put them into some semblance of a formation?

4.       If we could resign one Boro player from the last ten years, who would it be, and why?

5.       Have you been in an accident in the last five years that wasn’t your fault?

1. I think there have been worse Boro games that have made me think that.
2. Based on our current form it does seem we win every second game.

Bettinelli
Spence, Wood, McNair, Bola
Morsy, Howson, Saville
Watmore, Britt, Johnson

4. Surely Ramirez, we massively lack any creativity. I think defence and midfield are fine (when we have all our players fit and available) having that spark further up would be massive for our team. Traore is a good option and in a Warnock team Negredo would be perfect too.
5. Nope.

1. Did Sunday’s game make you wish you’d never got into football in the first place? Highlighted to me how dangerous the sport can be at times and how it's sad that people are arguing over a penalty and red card instead of discussing how it could of impacted Fry's day to day life.

2.       Since we lost the last game, should we be expecting to win this one?

Important to bounce back and get our home record going again especially with teams around us coming to the riverside shortly, it makes important to make it a fortress once again

3.       Can you name eleven fit Boro players and put them into some semblance of a formation?

Betts

Howson mcnair woods Bola

Morsy.     saville

Roberts        Watmore.     Johnson

Akpom

Really don't like the look of that side, but I don't want Spence anywhere near our starting 11 and think sunday just highlighted that Woods needs a loan move. He's going to be a premier league player imo but took much to ask for long term but will be okay for the odd game atm.

4.       If we could resign one Boro player from the last ten years, who would it be, and why?

Traore 100% We need someone extremely direct who beats players at every opportunity they get and cause havoc.

5.       Have you been in an accident in the last five years that wasn’t your fault?

No, but that could soon be the case if people don't finally accept that Spence was mainly to blame for the goal. Better angle video to show how inept Spence is at defending and shouldn't be anywhere near our first 11.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/425175744317815/permalink/1677768069058570/

1.       Did Sunday’s game make you wish you’d never got into football in the first place?

Nah, but it was about the last straw in terms of the standards of refereeing at this level. And whilst I said at the time, I expect Mogga to have a word with Jarrad Branthwaite about the challenge (and whilst he very well could have in private), every word that's come out of his mouth publicly has been even more protective of him than even I expected, that's royally ticked me off 'n' all. There doesn't have to be any intention in the challenge he made for it to be dangerous and the least Mogga could say is he'll have a word with him. It also sounds like he's only referred to Dael Fry in passing and not shown the least bit of concern publicly and given what happened, I'm not happy with that at all unless it's something I've missed. The narrative has been so much about poor 18-year old Jarrad Branthwaite, getting a slagging off from our manager post-match and how that's just not on. As opposed to the high boot that nearly gave Dael Fry a life-changing injury.

2.       Since we lost the last game, should we be expecting to win this one?

I think we should be expecting to win almost all our home games, I don't think the previous result really influences that in my mind. 

Bettinelli
Spence Wood McNair Bola
Morsy Howson Saville
Roberts Britt Johnson

In attempt at solving our problems, the list would include Adomah and Bamford but I think it'd have to be Traore, wouldn't it.

5.       Have you been in an accident in the last five years that wasn’t your fault?

I have, actually. I've only been driving a couple of years now but just after I got my first car's MOT done (naturally), I was in an accident on the A19 Northbound by Elwick. Someone who's come across from North Lane, across the Southbound traffic and sat in the middle has pulled out when I wasn't far behind them. They don't get up to speed in time but pull into the left-lane, I have zero time to do anything but brake as I didn't have time to check the outside lane in my mirrors. Bang, right into the back of them.

The weirdest part of the whole experience wasn't the accident itself but the independent medical evaluation, which took place in a Rugby/Cricket/some kind of Sports Club in Sunderland. The address I was given never mentioned that, it listed it as a proper physiotherapist place so I only went in there to ask for directions. Then I saw signs all the way through the bars and past the loos into this crappy little doctors room. The 'waiting room' was a fag-burned armchair just outside. And after all that, despite the fact this bloke was meant to be an impartial medical physiotherapist, I explained what happened in the accident and (I paraphrase but) he asked me how I was expecting to get anything out of it. That tainted the whole experience enough but as I was already half way out the club, he shouted to me to tell me that this was my last chance to change my mind on what I'd said in there as it was all going to go off to the legal team. The dickhead must have thought I was winding him up.

Diedhiou has given Bristol City the lead with two quick goals, they're now level on points with us, with the same number of games played.

I know we're not signing him, but I love how he hasn't stopped scoring since some of our fans turned their nose up at him.

17 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Diedhiou has given Bristol City the lead with two quick goals, they're now level on points with us, with the same number of games played.

I know we're not signing him, but I love how he hasn't stopped scoring since some of our fans turned their nose up at him.

I’ve seen him play quite a lot this season (obviously on the tele) and didn’t rate him much. So going by that logic Britt, Akpom and Fletcher are also rubbish and I hope we don’t sign them 👍