oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Rotherham 0-3

Just now, wilsoncgp said:

Rotherham have won the battle, defensively we've been all over the place. I know a few have said Wood has been battered but he's really not alone in that respect.

We've put plenty of bodies in and around their box so we've been stretched at the back but apart from the odd Watmore run, it's been absolutely dire in terms of creating anything. Rotherham have had our number in all areas of the pitch. Jamal Blackman has had a superb game for them in goal, too.

Easy to do when you dont challenge him with shots on target. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

EFL Championship – Middlesbrough vs Rotherham, Wednesday 27th January at 7pm GMT Scene: Ext (Daytime). [An English country garden. Neil Warnock is deadheading laurels with shears when the si

We got beat tonight by a team that played better than we did. They had a centre forward that was prepared to come back into his own half to get the ball, then hold onto it and pass it at the right tim

Wow just wow! Birmingham, Blackburn and Rotherham at home and we play 3 defensive CM's at home. Absolutely negative tactics and substitutions costing us. How the hell did Howson, Saville and

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

How the *** have we made 5 subs and Howson, Saville and Morsy are still on the pitch, yet Watmore and Roberts have gone off.

You couldn't make it up. Warnock getting to Pulis levels of negativity. Hope he retires at the end of season.

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

There's something seriously wrong with the spirit in the squad. There have been too many bad player performances tonight to be purely down to bad management, and I would have chosen the same starting lineup in the circumstances, so I can't criticise the intentions. It's like the players don't want to be out there, and Bettinelli actively wants us to lose.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
Just now, thomas said:

Easy to do when you dont challenge him with shots on target. 

There's more to a keeper's game than just saving shots. Everything he's done has been assured. The only thing that made him look a bit of a mug was when he came out and (Rotherham's) Wood passed it beyond him. He's swept up behind their defence, he's won so many of the crosses into the box, his positioning has been superb.

Just now, RiseAgainst said:

There's something seriously wrong with the spirit in the squad. There have been too many bad player performances tonight to be purely down to bad management, and I would have chosen the same starting lineup in the circumstances, so I can't criticise the intentions. It's like the players don't want to be out there, and Bettinelli actively wants us to lose.

How we set up is more than the lineup though. We play Roberts and watmore, two players who thrive when they have the ball at their feet in and around the box. But our tactics are to smash the ball forward as quickly as possible. We play 3 defensive midfielders against a team who leak goals like crazy and then bypass them all game. 

It's all wrong.

• Like 1