• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

EFL Championship – Middlesbrough vs Rotherham, Wednesday 27th January at 7pm GMT Scene: Ext (Daytime). [An English country garden. Neil Warnock is deadheading laurels with shears when the si

We got beat tonight by a team that played better than we did. They had a centre forward that was prepared to come back into his own half to get the ball, then hold onto it and pass it at the right tim

Wow just wow! Birmingham, Blackburn and Rotherham at home and we play 3 defensive CM's at home. Absolutely negative tactics and substitutions costing us. How the hell did Howson, Saville and

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, Smokedsalmon said:

If Warnock sticks around next season I'm tuning myself out. There's only so many seasons of this I can take. Monk, Pulis, Woodgate, Warnock... all the same sh***. Our insistence on employing British managers with 0 tactical nous is killing the love of the game for me.

Warnock is a brilliant man-manager who can squeeze decent performances out of otherwise average players, but his tactical set-up is prehistoric. Truly prehistoric. He plays a percentage game - kick enough balls into the channels and one will drop for us. Man-mark them across the pitch. Basic football that will get you a decent finish in this league (or a promotion, with a good enough squad) but (as his record proves) takes you absolutely nowhere once you come up against a bit of quality in the Prem or upper end of the Championship.

But then, do I trust Gibson to make the right call? No. Would he go abroad to find a manager from Germany or Spain or Italy who can bring their ideas to the table, or will he go for another guy who has a Teesside accent and can do a nice PowerPoint Presentation?

Exasperating. Truly an amateur ran football club across the board. Cba.

The question is if Warnock wants to stick around for one more season, do we believe with the limited funds available can he turn an mid table squad into a promotion championship squad. I believe he can on the basis hes turned a relegation fodder squad into a average championship team, but you are 100% right any chance we stay in the premier league is gonna depend on Warnock leaving or moving up into football director and having someone brought in as a manager. 

Obviously big if he wants to stay and with football fans going back into the ground next year more than likely will they want him their.  

9 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Wow just wow!

Birmingham, Blackburn and Rotherham at home and we play 3 defensive CM's at home. Absolutely negative tactics and substitutions costing us.

How the hell did Howson, Saville and morsy stay on the pitch for 90mins when we made 5 changes? That says it all for me and it's costing us at home. Can understand it away from home when the emphasis isn't on us to attack but it's way too negative to play at home especially against the weaker sides.

No Britt and Akpom together again which is infuriating especially when you are chasing a game and getting beat.

No positives at all for me tonight and just hope this a wake up call to get bodies in asap.

I agree with you but what's the alternative? 

Wing? 

Our hand is forced by having such a thin squad

• Like 1
1 minute ago, boksicdink said:

Wing? 

This may surprise you after years and years of it, but we don't have to play 3 centre midfielders and it is possible to play more than 3 attacking players at once. 

• Like 1

I completely agree that lumping the ball 80 yards to the opposition's keeper is an atrocious tactic. But I've just watched the highlights of the goals on Sky, and oh my God, Bettinelli has had a stinker:

For the first goal he's beaten from 25 yards at his near post with a very lame effort at diving to the ground.

The second goal comes from a penalty conceded by him chopping somebody's legs off when the ball's five yards away. The penalty is taken and he falls over as the ball trundles along the ground into the net some way from the corner.

On the third goal, while hardly helped by diabolical defending, a player puts the ball through his legs from the corner of the six-yard box.

I could also mention the numerous times he kicked the ball (a) to the opposition keeper or even worse (b) into touch for a Rotherham throw-in. He did nothing good at any point - communication, commanding the box, distribution, anything.

Warnock and the outfield players have some searching questions to answer, but I genuinely don't think I've seen a worse goalkeeping performance from a Middlesbrough player in 25 years of following the club. And I include Bad Guzan and Andy Dibble in that list.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, boksicdink said:

Wing? 

4-2-3-1 or 4-4-2 ... 

Tonight for me should of been

Betts

Spence Woods Mcnair Bola

Saville.   Howson

Watmore.  Roberts.  Johnson

Britt/Akpom

Or you could take out Roberts and put Britt and Akpom up together.

17 minutes ago, boksicdink said:

Wing? 

Well that's all down to Gibson being a tight wad. He's gone from being reckless with his money to running the club on a shoestring.

With so many players out of contract this summer it’s a real opportunity for Warnock to put together a promotion challenge and still be on a budget. 

let fletch,Britt, Roberts and Bett go and you probably fund the summer rebuild and save wages.

We got beat tonight by a team that played better than we did. They had a centre forward that was prepared to come back into his own half to get the ball, then hold onto it and pass it at the right time. They had more than one defender willing to attempt to win the ball in the air. They were willing to try and go past people if they had the opportunity. They made spaces for each other instead of getting in the way. Their goalkeeper had a decent game, ours did not. They had defenders who knew how to defend and that is more important than knowing how to attack. Their experienced lads looked after their kids. I hope they stay up. They beat us, but at least it was done fairly honestly, even if they did try it on now and again. With the full team fit, we are a decent team, but with three of the better players out, we are average. We are probably a mid table side at the moment, so this is about right. If NW did get us into playoffs, then he should be awarded a medal, but after last season, I'll take this any day of the week. Finally, all the Boro teams I can remember had a "controller" who could slow things down or speed things up as required. Is that what we are missing in the midfield.. lots of effort and aggression, but not enough brain?..  Just my opinion and other people may see it differently. Don't forget early kick off against Canaries..  Confidently expect TJ to predict a win...for us 🙂   

• Like 5
32 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

At 0-0 we had the best chances? We literally handed the ball to them in front of our 18 yard box before they scored. Not a chance did we, at any point in the game, have the best chances.

7 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

At 0-0 we had the best chances? We literally handed the ball to them in front of our 18 yard box before they scored. Not a chance did we, at any point in the game, have the best chances.

I agree with you, their goal had clearly been coming in my eyes, but the Sky Sports report also seems to think we edged the first half before their goal too.

So it's not just Warnock.