oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Rotherham 0-3

Why have we broken up the tidy little partnership on the left Bola and Johnson? It was a small bright spot of the season.

also replacing two hard workers in Tav and Dijk with Spence and Roberts has us looking so lazy and out of shape.

• Like 1
  • Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

EFL Championship – Middlesbrough vs Rotherham, Wednesday 27th January at 7pm GMT Scene: Ext (Daytime). [An English country garden. Neil Warnock is deadheading laurels with shears when the si

We got beat tonight by a team that played better than we did. They had a centre forward that was prepared to come back into his own half to get the ball, then hold onto it and pass it at the right tim

Wow just wow! Birmingham, Blackburn and Rotherham at home and we play 3 defensive CM's at home. Absolutely negative tactics and substitutions costing us. How the hell did Howson, Saville and

Posted Images

55 minutes ago, RiseAgainst said:

I completely agree that lumping the ball 80 yards to the opposition's keeper is an atrocious tactic. But I've just watched the highlights of the goals on Sky, and oh my God, Bettinelli has had a stinker:

For the first goal he's beaten from 25 yards at his near post with a very lame effort at diving to the ground.

The second goal comes from a penalty conceded by him chopping somebody's legs off when the ball's five yards away. The penalty is taken and he falls over as the ball trundles along the ground into the net some way from the corner.

On the third goal, while hardly helped by diabolical defending, a player puts the ball through his legs from the corner of the six-yard box.

I could also mention the numerous times he kicked the ball (a) to the opposition keeper or even worse (b) into touch for a Rotherham throw-in. He did nothing good at any point - communication, commanding the box, distribution, anything.

Warnock and the outfield players have some searching questions to answer, but I genuinely don't think I've seen a worse goalkeeping performance from a Middlesbrough player in 25 years of following the club. And I include Bad Guzan and Andy Dibble in that list.

You are obviously not old enough to remember Willie Whigham! (Sorry Willie!)

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Neverbefore said:

This may surprise you after years and years of it, but we don't have to play 3 centre midfielders and it is possible to play more than 3 attacking players at once. 

but my point is who? the squad has been unbalanced since we got relegated.

I think we play 3 CMs because we literally don't have a Number 10 or alternative. 

1 minute ago, boksicdink said:

I think we play 3 CMs because we literally don't have a Number 10 or alternative. 

442 would be fine. Roberts best position is 10. Wing as an advanced midfielder. Howson back in a back 3 to play 343 or 532. We have more options than Warnock is claiming. 

• Like 2

I’m shocked, hard to believe, speechless. Whoa beaten in 3 games by weaker opposition. Just when we started to do so well we have turned 180 deg in the opposite direction. I have read many comments but I don’t understand why 3 central mids, why huffing the ball, why has it gone so, so wrong. Ah well at least we are there about but I don’t hold out much hope of remaining if this continues. 

9 minutes ago, boksicdink said:

Up until his injury he could have easily put Tav there and put in Roberts on the right or Roberts central. Warnock plays the 3 of them together because he's a negative nelly.

Roberts has skill..  so did Carlos Marinelli.. and Stan Cummins, but for whatever reasons, they never quite fulfilled their potential. I hope he finds a place that suits him, whether it is Scotland, the USA or somewhere on the continent, but I don't think it will be in England, which is a shame because he seems to be a really good lad. Wherever he ends up, good luck to him.    

17 minutes ago, Dan1234 said:

Up until his injury he could have easily put Tav there and put in Roberts on the right or Roberts central. Warnock plays the 3 of them together because he's a negative nelly.

I think Tav only really looks effective from out wide. Patrick Roberts has literally always played out wide.

In an ideal world I think those two could be our wingers but we are still lacking a genuine number 10 IMO and that combined with our winger options just compounds the problem. 

Lewis Wing is just another Malaury Martin or Tarmo Kink

36 minutes ago, Johnny A said:

You are obviously not old enough to remember Willie Whigham! (Sorry Willie!)

I am old enough....  and distinctly remember the game he was leaning against the post watching as a shot was going well over....   till the last second 🙂

6 hours ago, Old Codger said:

I am old enough....  and distinctly remember the game he was leaning against the post watching as a shot was going well over....   till the last second 🙂

Willie Whigham always used to blame his defenders when he let a goal in.  He'd to pick up a handful  of mud and throw it them 😀

• Haha 1
9 hours ago, ballyclover said:

I'm out of here. Poor performance no excuses no positives. Watch us turn over Norwich. UTB

After our pandemic recent home form this would not come as a surprise but then again!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Downsouth said:

Deliberately did not comment last night on what we witnessed to allow my self to adequately describe how we played and how I felt about it,  simply................................................awful!

@AnglianRed over to you

Completely forgot about last night's game...seeing the result and the comments on the thread, I'm glad I did!

All I can say is "Typical Boro" - losing another game we should have won fairly comfortably.

Maybe this will finally make those people going on about promotion and the play-offs reconsider our aims for this season.

Said it before and I'll say it again, we're far too inconsistent. On our day we're a match for anyone in the league...unfortunately our days only seem to occur every other match (or a bit less than that).