oneBoro Forum

1383833039_NorwichvBoro.PNG.b9def58f58973d8c544f9d0691a4c5b4.PNG

SUMMARY

I was fortunate enough to miss the Rotherham debacle, but from all accounts it was down there with our worst performances this season. According to some, it could even be described as Woodgate-esque.

In any case it definitely wasn't the result we needed, given the fixtures coming up, which include Brentford, Reading and Bristol...along with a resurgent Derby. There's also the small matter of an away trip to the league leaders up next.

Our chances of coming away from Carrow Road with anything are probably on a par with a snowball's in hell. If you're the maniacal, straw-clutching type of Smoggie, you could say that in true "Typical Boro" fashion, after two home defeats on the bounce against teams we really should be beating, we're bound to put in an inspired performance against the Canaries. If only to avenge our rather unfortunate home defeat, where Tav managed to spectacularly cock-up a penalty kick (and to rub salt in the wounds we also conceded one...which they didn't mess up).

I think it would be a brave (or foolhardy) fan who would bet on anything other than this being 3 defeats in a row. But we can always hope, eh?

STATS

880032148_NorwichForm.PNG.a3d51a98b8d735b16c1616f25fb7db10.PNG

1079216815_BoroForm.PNG.20320aae42104069486e6c950bdb5701.PNG

Don't exactly fill you with confidence, do they?

Norwich's last league defeat was 5 games ago at Watford. However there is a small glimmer of hope, given that in their last outing, they were beaten by Barnsley in the FA Cup. Although knowing our luck that will just fill them with a murderous desire for revenge...

Probably won't make you feel any better to know we have lost our last 6 matches against Norwich, stretching back from this season  to the 2015 Play Off Final. You have to go back to April of that season for our last win (funnily enough a 0-1 away victory).

According to the 11v11 website, Boro have played Norwich 66 times, going back to 1960: Won 21, Drawn 13, Lost 22.

VIEW FROM THE OTHER SIDE

No matchday thread yet, but weirdly someone made one about our match against Rotherham...

https://forum.pinkun.com/index.php?/topic/140883-middlesbrough-vs-rotherham/

Matchday thread started here, but no replies at time of posting...

https://www.norwichtalk.com/threads/norwich-city-vs-middlesborough-home-saturday-30th-january.3018/

QUESTIONS

1. Why are Boro so damn inconsistent?

2. Do you think we'll be up for this game, or will the current malaise continue?

3. English mustard or French (this is a big deal in Norfolk).

4. Have you ever driven a Lotus or been to the factory? If so, what was it like?

5. What body part would you sacrifice to have Pukki in our team?

6. Have you settled for a mid-table finish, or do you think Boro should be pushing for the play-offs?

• Like 5
  • Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So we spend the whole season moaning about how crap our strikers are.... then we replace them with a player that we have not yet seen playing for Boro..... so we moan about him replacing our ineffecti

SUMMARY I was fortunate enough to miss the Rotherham debacle, but from all accounts it was down there with our worst performances this season. According to some, it could even be described as Woo

The Fryclopse is coping well with the inconvenience of losing an eye last week!

Posted Images

Expecting nothing from this game, so I'm taking it as a free hit.

Glad it's a weekend away on Sky, as it means I don't have to pay £10.

Would be brilliant to sneak something from the game, and in the reverse fixture we could very easily have won, so you never know.

I hope Fry is back for it, but I'm not expecting it.

QUESTIONS

Because our main game plan is to hoof long balls up pitch, sometimes they fall to our players, sometimes we win the second ball but about half the time we lose possession. We are leaving things to chance, sometimes it pays off, sometimes it doesn’t. 

2. Do you think we'll be up for this game, or will the current malaise continue?

I think the team are up for all games, they can only play in the style that they have been told to though. 

Coarse grained French

4. Have you ever driven a Lotus or been to the factory? If so, what was it like?

No I’ve driven past the Lotus factory in a Toyota. 

My left big toe nail. 

6. Have you settled for a mid-table finish, or do you think Boro should be pushing for the play-offs? 

I’ve always thought that playoffs are out of reach this season. 

• Like 1

Motivation maybe? Personnel and tactics haven't changed a huge amount throughout the season and yet we still manage to be inconsistent across the team.

I think there'll be a few anxious lads coming into this, particularly the young ones. One goal goes in for Norwich and God knows how we come out with anything but a thrashing.

Neither, mustard is rubbish.

No.

None, can you see Pukki scoring goals in this team?

We absolutely should be pushing for the play-offs. Incredibly we are still only 3 points outside, albeit with a few teams who have yet to play 26 games. We have to improve massively on recent performances to both beat off the tide of upcoming teams currently in mid-table and catch up to those currently sat in the top 6. I think it's mad we're still 7th given how shocking the past few games overall have been but that just shows you it doesn't take much to be one of the 6 best at the moment.

image.png.c68422ce770bdc3e60c33138a8076310.png

6 hours ago, AnglianRed said:

1. We turn every game into a scrap and with a scrap it's like a coin toss in terms of the outcome. For me that is the single biggest reason we are so inconsistent. You only have the look at the sides near the top to see that playing with a defined/refined style in this league gets consistent performances and importantly consistent results. Another reason is that it's the Championship isn't it, notoriously inconsistent, in fact consistently inconsistent.

2. With the injuries we have and the performance we just put it, I can't see us getting a result at Carrow Road. But knowing how inconsistent we, we'll turn them over!

3. English, but I'm not massively fussed.

4. No and No.

5. My head hair, if it doesn't work out, it can always grow back.

6. I have always expected a Mid/Top half finish this season, purely due to squad depth. Where we are now, we should be looking to try and break into the top 6, but I won't be shocked if we don't.

• Like 1

I'd like us to go 3 at the back. I think we looked a lot better earlier in the season when Dijk and McNair had space to dribble forwards. Stick Hall in the centre, have McNair on the right and Bola on the left as the 3. This way we wouldn't have to rely on Spence at right back and he could play wingback instead. And Marv could come back in at LWB.

• Like 1

There could be a surprise but our track record at Norwich is not very good I doubt we will be saying that Boro were as hot as mustard after the game.

Sadly I do not think AngliaRed will be authoring two on the spin.

Actually stick my neck out here, long overdue a draw so this could be the place for such a result!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Downsouth said:

There could be a surprise but our track record at Norwich is not very good I doubt we will be saying that Boro were as hot as mustard after the game.

Sadly I do not think AngliaRed will be authoring two on the spin.

Actually stick my neck out here, long overdue a draw so this could be the place for such a result!

I'd certainly take a point right now (along with an improved performance) to stop the blip becoming a run of poor games.

16 minutes ago, Brunners said:

We've lost 1-0 to Norwich 5 games in a row, so imagine that continues.

I’d take a 1-0 loss- Tony Pulis

• Haha 1