oneBoro Forum

32 minutes ago, Brunners said:

We've lost 1-0 to Norwich 5 games in a row, so imagine that continues.

I'll lean towards the positives of us breaking a losing streak for once.

Warnock had never lost to Rotherham before in his career, so we're due something to balance that out.

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So we spend the whole season moaning about how crap our strikers are.... then we replace them with a player that we have not yet seen playing for Boro..... so we moan about him replacing our ineffecti

SUMMARY I was fortunate enough to miss the Rotherham debacle, but from all accounts it was down there with our worst performances this season. According to some, it could even be described as Woo

The Fryclopse is coping well with the inconvenience of losing an eye last week!

Posted Images

You know I kinda feel this will be typical boro and we will sneak a 1 nil win we must be due some luck after the week of horror we've had. The new signings will bring confidence to the squad aswell at we genually want to have a go at making something of the season. 

QUESTIONS

1. Why are Boro so damn inconsistent?

NW tactics, lack of leadership. 

2. Do you think we'll be up for this game, or will the current malaise continue?

I think it’s one step beyond our capabilities. 

3. English mustard or French (this is a big deal in Norfolk).

Absolutely no doubt cultural people eat English Mustard, Heinz tomato & HP brown sauce. 

4. Have you ever driven a Lotus or been to the factory? If so, what was it like?

Sat on a bonnet of one. 

5. What body part would you sacrifice to have Pukki in our team?

None.

6. Have you settled for a mid-table finish, or do you think Boro should be pushing for the play-offs?

Always said mid and staying with it. 

• Confused 1
52 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

QUESTIONS

2. Do you think we'll be up for this game, or will the current malaise continue?

That's madness 🙂

• Haha 3
7 hours ago, Old Codger said:
8 hours ago, sanddancer said:

QUESTIONS

That's madness 🙂

I'll just be happy if it's not another Grey Day and a total Embarrassment giving me a Cardiac Arrest. I have a sense however that at the end of the game Norwich will be looking at the table thinking You Cant Touch Us Now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I reckon we'll get a point or three here. Hopefully Fry is back (it sounded like he would be from the presser) and we may see Bolasie from the bench. 1-1 I'll go for. Watmore too score.

1. Why are Boro so damn inconsistent?

At least we're consistently inconsistent! Think the recent injuries haven't helped. 

We'll be up for it. 

Neither. Horrible stuff. 

4. Have you ever driven a Lotus or been to the factory? If so, what was it like?

I'd love a Lotus Elise. S1 in yellow. Lovely.  But no, not driven one.

Torso..

6. Have you settled for a mid-table finish, or do you think Boro should be pushing for the play-offs?

Play offs definitely. If you're not pushing for play offs in this division, what's the point?!

Perversely I'm hopeful (note not optimistic) of a result. Lose to Wednesday, Birmingham, Blackburn, Rotherham and then go away to Norwich and win, bl00dy Typical Boro.

1. Why are Boro so damn inconsistent?

Squad far too thin and playing young players that at this stage of their careers shouldn't be near a Championship first team. Then there are three or four older members of the squad who are just plain crap at this level. 

We'll be up for it. 

Love the stuff in a Ham sandwich, proper Ham off the deli that is not that horrible plastic stuff in packets. Mix it 50/50 with Mayo for a veritable taste sensation. 

Been to a factory in Worcester that makes the chassis which surprisingly is glued together rather than welded. Not driven one.

My left one.

6. Have you settled for a mid-table finish, or do you think Boro should be pushing for the play-offs?

After Rotherham, mid table but it has to be Play offs. otherwise what's the point?

Reckon Norwich are just going to cruise this game without breaking much sweat. 2-0 or 3-0 in the making. Can’t see any of our players making it into their lineup so that says a lot. Maybe just Tav and on a good day Fry. 

In answer to the Lotus question I did try them and they are fantastic but the problem I had with most of them was I was getting out on my hands and knees..  Dressed in a suit etc and out to impress the potential client - crawling round the car park nah doesn't work !

I bought something larger and more comfortable instead

• Haha 3

1. Why are Boro so damn inconsistent?

Because we have a thin squad with inadequate substitute players for our relatively strong first XI. And also, Warnock likes us to hoof the ball straight to the opposition keeper, even though we have the ability to play slick on-the-ground passing football when the shackles are taken off.

2. Do you think we'll be up for this game, or will the current malaise continue?

I think this will be a tonking, unfortunately. We're out of form, thin in numbers and low on confidence.

Wholegrain mustard is the only sort I like. Yummy on a cheddar sandwich.

Weird story - I used to work for a car dealership which had a Lotus franchise, but because I was under 25, I didn't qualify under the firm's insurance policy to drive them on the road. One day I was at Knockhill Racing Circuit, and someone gave me the keys to a 340R (a limited-edition exoskeletal track car), to take it round the paddock. I was absolutely terrified, drove it like a granny, and handed it back within ten minutes. My one and only Lotus experience, and it hardly demonstrated an abundance of raw driving talent.

5. What body part would you sacrifice to have Pukki in our team?

My left nut. I've got a kid now, so it's pretty much redundant.

6. Have you settled for a mid-table finish, or do you think Boro should be pushing for the play-offs?

I have a horrible feeling we'll finish just outside the play-offs, and spend the summer thinking various "if only..." permutations.

• Like 2
43 minutes ago, Rishworthian said:

In answer to the Lotus question I did try them and they are fantastic but the problem I had with most of them was I was getting out on my hands and knees..  Dressed in a suit etc and out to impress the potential client - crawling round the car park nah doesn't work !

I bought something larger and more comfortable instead

Oh dear! 😂

Sadly that is a well-known issue with them. Unless you're pretty short, they can be a bit cramped inside. But if you can put up with that they are very fun to drive.

Edited by AnglianRed

Been reading about our new signings and to be honest they don't fill me with any great joy.

Never heard of Darnell Fisher, but I suppose if he can gel quickly with the rest of our defence, its never a bad thing to have options at the back. Hopefully he can actually defend and doesn't prefer running up the field.

From the sound of it we shouldn't expect great things from Bolasie either:

"I asked if he could help us out until the end of the season and get some fitness in," boss Neil Warnock said.

"We can't expect wonders but he's a good lad and he can play different positions for me. He'll be good in the dressing room and it's a big boost for us."

So he hasn't played for the best part of a year and will have to get match-fit in whatever opportunities he gets with us. On the plus side it sounds like he is fairly versatile and can cover a few different positions. 🤷‍♂️

Better than nothing, but I feel anyone now expecting us to jump up the table will be sorely disappointed.

Anyway - its game day and I have to be honest, I'm not feeling good about this one. Unless there is a dramatic improvement over recent performances, this could be another one to forget. Prediction: Norridge 3 - 0 Boro.

Edited by AnglianRed