oneBoro Forum

It's nothing exciting but holding the leaders like this for another 45 would be a huge improvement defensively and you have to think a clean sheet would give the lads in defence a bit of confidence.

Still, Norwich will not sit idly by and play this game out the same way in the second 45, they'll change something that we will need to match. There's a goal in this game and on the balance of it, you'd still think it was theirs to take. Here's hoping we can continue to hold them off.

• Like 1
  • Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So we spend the whole season moaning about how crap our strikers are.... then we replace them with a player that we have not yet seen playing for Boro..... so we moan about him replacing our ineffecti

SUMMARY I was fortunate enough to miss the Rotherham debacle, but from all accounts it was down there with our worst performances this season. According to some, it could even be described as Woo

The Fryclopse is coping well with the inconvenience of losing an eye last week!

Posted Images

Defensively me off the ball we’ve been very good but our play with the ball is just completely ineffective highlighted by the fact we are playing without a striker. Get Spence and Johnson off. Get Watmore and Bolasie on the wings with Britt up front. 

• Like 2

Sometimes it's nice watching a good defensive battle. Thought we held up well, stifled them. Bolasie suffering from the same thing all our strikers suffer from, but think he did well when he was able to.

Just now, Borodane said:

Defensively me off the ball we’ve been very good but our play with the ball is just completely ineffective highlighted by the fact we are playing without a striker. Get Spence and Johnson off. Get Watmore and Bolasie on the wings with Britt up front. 

Lots of comments about us not playing with a striker, but Warnock clearly said he sees Bolasie as an Antonio type. I would love to see Bolasie and Watmore on the wings but I think that would only happen if we go a goal behind. I can see Bolasie coming off and one of the strikers coming on keeping things the same shape.

3 minutes ago, Borodane said:

If you take Spence and Johnson off then the game plan goes totally out of the window as their playing as 2nd full backs and there isn't anyone else on the bench who can do that

• Like 2

We've had 31% possession, made 103 passes at an accuracy of 56% and 33 of the 103 have been long balls.

Norwich have had 69%, made 243 passes at an accuracy of 83% and 28 of their 243 passes have been long balls.

Fisher has the highest accurate pass percentage of all our players at 100%, Spence is 2nd with 80% and McNair is 3rd with 75%.

Interestingly Johnson has lost possession 14 times, Spence 9, Bolasie and Saville 8 times each. 

Just a few HT stats.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, mj south said:

If you take Spence and Johnson off then the game plan goes totally out of the window as their playing as 2nd full backs and there isn't anyone else on the bench who can do that

I know. I’m different to warnock though. I actually want to try and win. 

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

Thought Fisher has done okay. Spence has been alright, i just wish he would move off the ball down the wing instead of standing still..

He seems to be man marking Pukki