• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So we spend the whole season moaning about how crap our strikers are.... then we replace them with a player that we have not yet seen playing for Boro..... so we moan about him replacing our ineffecti

SUMMARY I was fortunate enough to miss the Rotherham debacle, but from all accounts it was down there with our worst performances this season. According to some, it could even be described as Woo

The Fryclopse is coping well with the inconvenience of losing an eye last week!

Posted Images

Just now, Brunners said:

Fisher getting all the praise but shout out to Bola who kept Buendia just as quiet (prior to the red) as Fisher did Cantwell.

Yes I agree @Brunners both full backs were excellent today 

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Fisher getting all the praise but shout out to Bola who kept Buendia just as quiet (prior to the red) as Fisher did Cantwell.

Bola was faultless today but he’s been so consistent I think we have come to expect it. 

45 minutes ago, J.T. said:

We didn’t change our play at all when they went to 10 men. We played the same aimless balls up front like we always do to a single isolated striker. The only times we got into good positions were when they made mistakes. We sat with 3 hard working midfielders, Johnson and Spence, and a single forward for 30 mins while they were down to 10 men. The lack of ambition was clear for all to see and in my opinion pathetic. We don’t stand a chance of getting into the playoffs if that’s how negative we are going to be. 

We were playing the team top of the league , away from home and on the back of a couple of bad results . We had a good few chances just couldnt take them . Its hardly like we just camped in our own half , have some positivity man 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, CrazyL said:

If we had gone gung ho, opened the game up and got picked off then you can guarantee the same folk would have been here complaining that we didn’t keep it tight.

Welll neither materialized so no one is wrong, but the point being you won’t win many games playing tight do you. So when is the right time to start and play to win, weaker opponents, at home or against 10 men? 
The fact being we played pretty well, apart and again for the last crucial 1/3rd due to poor passing and indecisive decision making, least not NW cautioned approach.   
I believe many thought we didn’t stand a chance and no I didn’t think we would either so extremely happy to gain a point, but it was there to take, we didn’t.

6 minutes ago, Boromadman said:

We were playing the team top of the league , away from home and on the back of a couple of bad results . We had a good few chances just couldnt take them . Its hardly like we just camped in our own half , have some positivity man 

But we did camp in our half. Which I was okay with (well not okay with but I could understand it) while it was 11v11. But to not bring on a forward after they have been reduced to 10 men? It’s not like we were playing Man City. It was 10 man Norwich City who were there for the taking. 

24 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Stoke down to 10 men at half time, still 1-1.

Come on, Huddersfield!

Derby still winning against Bristol City but their best player has went off in agony.

Could do with them winning this still.

I personally think 6th place is up for grabs that's it. 

1 hour ago, TeaCider24 said:

I don't think there's any change in the circumstances, or any surprise in the decision.

Warnock has made it clear time and time again that he doesn't trust Roberts defensively, he said he thought we could risk it against a team like Rotherham, but we were away to the runaway league leaders today.

I have no idea what that statement means. If he can’t trust him he can’t trust him in any game because all games are crucial as are the points. Let’s just face facts, NW holds a grudge or Roberts is just a pure sh*t footballer who grows in fans stature by virtue of never playing to be proving wrong. I can’t remember a player being talked more about by not playing. 

Just now, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

I personally think 6th place is up for grabs that's it. 

I still think Reading will bottle it, but that's why I'm reporting on Stoke and Bristol City, they're our rivals for 6th.

5 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

I have no idea what that statement means. If he can’t trust him he can’t trust him in any game because all games are crucial as are the points. Let’s just face facts, NW holds a grudge or Roberts is just a pure sh*t footballer who grows in fans stature by virtue of never playing to be proving wrong. I can’t remember a player being talked more about by not playing. 

He thinks he's a liability defensively, and will only risk him against teams who struggle to score, seems fairly self explanatory.

He only risked him against Rotherham because Tavernier was injured.

13 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

Harry Chapman

• Like 1

Weasel, love your optimism Re Bolasie. I’m afraid he would find it hard to score in a brothel!

I tell you what, a £50 bet he can’t get to 5 goals this season. Money to Zoe’s Place. Prepared to put up?

Just to advise you I did say in the very early days of the season neither Britt or Akpom would reach double figures.