• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So we spend the whole season moaning about how crap our strikers are.... then we replace them with a player that we have not yet seen playing for Boro..... so we moan about him replacing our ineffecti

SUMMARY I was fortunate enough to miss the Rotherham debacle, but from all accounts it was down there with our worst performances this season. According to some, it could even be described as Woo

The Fryclopse is coping well with the inconvenience of losing an eye last week!

Posted Images

Enjoyed that match. Very impressed with Fisher, excellent mix of skill and tenacity. Hope be can play like that often. Bolase obviously wasn’t up to speed, which is to be expected, but he had a couple of lovely touches to release Spence to supply a cross. If only Spence could supply a decent cross. 

I thought by the time they went down to 10, it already looked as though we had an extra man on the pitch. Sometimes seems more difficult after a sending off. 

Interesting point for next week - how many times does as team do what Brentford did today - score 7 - and then draw a blank in the next few games?

We tightened up today which was the first step. Get Bolasie fit, get another winger in, get Fletcher fit and we have a chance of getting in that top 6.

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, edinboro said:

Interesting point for next week - how many times does as team do what Brentford did today - score 7 - and then draw a blank in the next few games?

The immediate one that springs to mind is West Brom beat QPR 7-1 the season before last, they lost their next match 1-0 to Middlesbrough. 

• Like 4
5 hours ago, Robin Johnson said:

Weasel, love your optimism Re Bolasie. I’m afraid he would find it hard to score in a brothel!

I tell you what, a £50 bet he can’t get to 5 goals this season. Money to Zoe’s Place. Prepared to put up?

Just to advise you I did say in the very early days of the season neither Britt or Akpom would reach double figures.

Just putting this out there but I think there's a bigger reason that our strikers struggle to score goals than their individual ability. At times it's very hard to judge the goalscoring quality of anyone in the side when we aren't actually creating chances for them.

I also think it's surprising to think Bolasie will be judged on the number of goals he scores. Maybe that will be an accurate thing to judge if he continues to play where he did today but I think given what Warnock said before the game, there's a chance he was only playing there to get him in the team and get him some march fitness without abandoning the second full backs on either side.

• Like 2
42 minutes ago, KeithLambsFaxMachine said:

Cantwell’s IG yesterday. Did anyone check Darnell’s pockets on the coach back, he may still be there. 

A63FEB88-07A8-47E3-905E-E47A489E9A25.png

That’s quality, fair play to Cantwell for that 👏 

• Like 4
16 hours ago, Robin Johnson said:

I tell you what, a £50 bet he can’t get to 5 goals this season. Money to Zoe’s Place. Prepared to put up?

Tbh 5 goals in half a season is lot for any player in this Boro team. I don’t think anyone is going to score 5 goals before the season ends. 

10 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

Just putting this out there but I think there's a bigger reason that our strikers struggle to score goals than their individual ability. At times it's very hard to judge the goalscoring quality of anyone in the side when we aren't actually creating chances for them.

I also think it's surprising to think Bolasie will be judged on the number of goals he scores. Maybe that will be an accurate thing to judge if he continues to play where he did today but I think given what Warnock said before the game, there's a chance he was only playing there to get him in the team and get him some march fitness without abandoning the second full backs on either side.

Exactly.

We're suffering the double whammy of having strikers who aren't in great goalscoring form for whatever reason, playing in a team that struggles to create chances.

Given Bolasie is primarily a winger, I would have thought Warnock mainly brought him into the team to try and add some creativity, getting the ball to our forwards in positions where they will have a chance to stick it in the back of the net.

If he can chip in with a few of his own, so much the better. But from what I read, he could be played in different positions, depending on what NW thinks the team needs for a particular game.