oneBoro Forum

2 hours ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

I raise your Forshaw, with Carayol.

He hit a decent run of form, got injured long term, then during that injury spell turned into a world beater.

Curtin Main. Lots of people thought he was the solution to our goal scoring problems...

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So we spend the whole season moaning about how crap our strikers are.... then we replace them with a player that we have not yet seen playing for Boro..... so we moan about him replacing our ineffecti

SUMMARY I was fortunate enough to miss the Rotherham debacle, but from all accounts it was down there with our worst performances this season. According to some, it could even be described as Woo

The Fryclopse is coping well with the inconvenience of losing an eye last week!

Posted Images

I think Rhodes is a good example to be honest.

So many of our fans in the Premier League season were adamant the solution to our goalscoring problem was playing 2 strikers and Jordan Rhodes.

His complete anonymity in football since then, years after leaving us, makes me doubt it would actually have worked.

7 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

I think Rhodes is a good example to be honest.

So many of our fans in the Premier League season were adamant the solution to our goalscoring problem was playing 2 strikers and Jordan Rhodes.

His complete anonymity in football since then, years after leaving us, makes me doubt it would actually have worked.

Rhodes was shocking, one of the worst strikers we’ve had, even worse than the Juke and that’s saying something. 

1 minute ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

Rhodes was shocking, one of the worst strikers we’ve had, even worse than the Juke and that’s saying something. 

Rhodes goals got us promoted and for that I will never hate on the guy.

• Like 4

Rhodes is the obvious example of our failings in the recruitment model.

He was never the striker for a Karanka team.

We were oblivious to how teams set up get the best out of Rhodes. I think we were blinded by his stats. 

• Like 2
59 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

He got 6 goals for us and one of those he scored by mistake. 

His 6 goals directly correlated to 5 points we wouldn't have otherwise had, which we needed to get automatic promotion instead of playoffs.

• Like 2

I shouldn't be surprised by this match, as we have Previous on doing a "Job" on another team...In 1997 Boro had to play Liverpool in a cup Semi...You were never going to Man mark both Owen & Fowler who were on fire...Bryan Robson our manager pin pointed Steve Mcmanaman as the one, to stop the supply of crosses to these two...Robbo had a young lad called Baker, man mark Mcmanaman so effectively Mcmanaman hardly saw the ball...Boro went on to win the match 2-1

• Like 1