oneBoro Forum

Boro V Brentford 1-4 (Raya OG)

Boro V Bees

Sat 6th Feb 15:00

Riverside Stadium

Introduction

Well after a age of transfer markets not to mention Deadline Days that have left me as disappointed as a 16yr old boy that realised that there IS NOT any Horny Singles in his area that want to meet him, we finally have one that cheered most of the oneBoro faithful up. Quick to ignore the dark shadow of experience so that we can once dream again that Neil and the boys in red can put us into the fight for a chance to the promised land. And that journey stats again when the Bee's of Brentford come to town.

Boro News

Boro made two transfer deadline day signings with Nathaniel Mendez-Laing  (NML) & Neeskens Kebano who will join up with the other January signings of Jordan Archer, Darnell Fisher & Yannick Bolasie as well as the rest of the first team squad. We bid farewell to Patrick (Bench-warmer) Roberts who has now signed for Derby and Lewis (Rocket-Foot) Wing who secured a loan deal to Rotherham Utd.

Boro Form (Through the Media of Interpret Dance)

Work Out Fun GIF by Sunny Bunnies

Last Time Out

Boro convincingly 0-0 the crap out of the league leaders. Regardless that they went down to 10 men on about the 70 min mark they had zero shots on target and didn't really threaten at all. The only downside is that once we had the man advantage we should have pressed on and won the game. Other positives were the new signings, Bolasie did OK which considering how out of match fitness/practice he is, is a great achievement. Fisher on the other hand played a blinder and squeezed all the space that Cantwell would've like to operate in making him completely ineffective and forcing him to be substituted after 75 mins. I hope they both can progress once match fitness and sharpness returns as i think we will have two very handy players on our hands.

Brentford Form (In Emotional Expression)

scared panic GIF

They have only dropped points once in the last 6 league appearances and that was a draw away to a high flying Swansea. Beating Wycombe 7-2 in their last outing.  They do play tonight so hopefully heavily linked to Boro Diedhiou  can show us what we saw in him by scoring a hat-trick before Kung-Fu kicking Ivan Toney of the park so him and his 19 goals this season have to sit this one out.

Boro Line-Up

Season 5 Idk GIF by Friends

A View From The Other Side

https://griffinpark.org/index.php

Understandably nothing about our match on there yet as like i said they have to play Brizzel tonight. But i will update it in the next day or two.

Important Questions

Will any of our deadline day signings start?

Will Britt try and put himself in the shop window and up his game?

Will/can we win?

When was the last time you cried at a film? (Think mine was The Champ)

Bookies Odds (BET365)

Boro Win - 12/5

Draw -  21/10

Bees Win - 5/4

Uwe's daft quid bet - Britt to score anytime and Brentford to win 2-1 -- 30/1

Anyways Guys & Girls its over to you!!!

• Like 8
  • Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Brentford fan here. What an odd game. Felt the Boro had bigger chances to be honest. Main reason I wanted to come on here was to say that during the 20 game unbeaten run, the Boro games were 2 wh

Boro V Bees Sat 6th Feb 15:00 Riverside Stadium Introduction Well after a age of transfer markets not to mention Deadline Days that have left me as disappointed as a 16yr old boy t

Drury's mic today     

Posted Images

Glad we didnt have a game to give the guys more time together but wish it wasnt Brentford. If we win I think we can start to get excited but we shouldnt get disheartened if we lose. For what its worth I reckon they will beat Swansea to 2nd. 

1. I reckon Kebano will start, VHS coming off the bench for minutes later.

2. Im not sure Britt will start. He must surely know his best chance at getting Prem football is getting promoted with us and getting a new contract so you would expect him to be trying.

3. We can win but I think the odds are realistic of our chances. Wouldnt be suprised to see 3 CM similar to Norwich for this game. The rest of the team depends on fitness - wouldnt be suprised to see Kebano, Bolasie and Watmore front 3. The interesting thing will be when everyone is fit, what does our preffered 11 look like and will we still continue to punt it.

4. Cant remember crying at a film but felt like I could at Marley and Me (I dont have a dog).

Will any of our deadline day signings start?

Kebano, perhaps? I think given their recent form, though, it’ll be a game to keep things tight. 

He’s going to have to at some point, let’s face it  

Will/can we win?

Certainly we can. I think it’ll be a hard fought draw.

When was the last time you cried at a film? (Think mine was The Champ)

A Monster Calls. Took my you youngest daughter to see it at the cinema, as the trailers had cool, fighting trees. Turned out to be a really well done drama about a kid whose mum was fighting cancer. Was not expecting that and was really, really glad that the only time I’ll ever watch it was in the dark. 

Tough game and over the past 5 games only 4 points from a possible 15 is not impressive and neither were NW tactics. 
I think it will take weeks, months for the new players to gel and achieve match fitness and I’m worried it may be disruptive, but necessary to move forward.  
The thing is if you were a betting man laying bets on BORO you would be heavily out of pocket because let’s face it, we get results from better teams and lose against sure wins. 
Now we are at home and hopefully sprits are lifted and players go out to prove there worth but we are at home, so I’ll toss a coin, heads we errrr win or draw, tails mmmmmm draw or lose. 

I have got worse as I have aged and I’m very sensitive and tear up at most things. If some one cry’s I am with them, funerals cry! and I seem to be attending more which is a good thing because it’s not my turn yet. Films, cry! Celebrations, cry! more if someone else is. Get a round in, cry! Sit on my nuts, cry, well they hang lower the more you age. The thing is I look and sound pig ugly when I cry. It’s not just like tears running down my cheeks but for some reason I can’t breathe and then I kind of gasp, weirdly, turns some heads so it’s hard to blame someone else. 

Edited by sanddancer

Kebano will, Mendez-Laing will come off the bench late on.

Will Britt try and put himself in the shop window and up his game?

I think so, he needs to keep the money flowing and the best way to do that is 3 months of hard work.

Will/can we win?

Absolutely we can, not sure whether we will though.

When was the last time you cried at a film? (Think mine was The Champ)

Warrior, but it was my second watch so it was more of a manly tear than the first viewing.

Important Questions

No I think they’ll be on the bench  

Will Britt try and put himself in the shop window and up his game? No, but I think he’ll be playing with a smile on his face  

Will/can we win? If we play as well as we can, we’ll have a great chance, it would be great to see a really good team performance.

When was the last time you cried at a film? (Think mine was The Champ) Last time I cried watching anything was a few days back watching the finale of It’s a Sin. 

Although Brentford have had a couple of wins against us, they've bottled the important games and we are still their bogie team and I expect this to continue. They won't be looking forward to this visit, that's for certain. The bookies have Brentford as favourites for this one and we are well worth a bet to take all 3 points.

Yep the bees are buzzing and we need to record our first home win of the year! someone will be stung but who? Actually think we will face another draw which would please Franks,

Awakenings gave me a tear or two when De Niro spoke to his Mum for the first time in many years

Warnock is going to set us up to shithouse our way to a point just like at Norwich. I can't see us competing with Brentford though and they'll beat us 0-2. 

No idea of the lineup. I just want to see an actual striker up top and not Bolasie. Not Akpom though. Terrible signing. Preferably Britt as Fletcher is another player who is unfit. 

We will have to do a lot of rotating over the next couple of months as we must have one of the most unfit squads in the league currently. Could be the making of something exciting or just too disruptive. 

I never cry. You're crying.

Brentford are unbeaten in 19 games...NINETEEN!!! 😲

That said, hopefully that comeback win over Bristol will have worn them out a bit and they'll travel to the Riverside a bit leggy and off the pace.

Important Questions

If NW's willingness to chuck Fisher and Bolaise straight into the fray is any indication...quite probably.

If he starts, he'll probably try for about 10 minutes then be anonymous until he's subbed.

Will / can we win?

Serious Leslie Nielsen GIF by filmeditor

Technically?

sure ben feldman GIF by Superstore

Realistically?

level 1 monster GIF by Xbox

Best we can hope for is a repeat of the Norwich game (will probably need them to get a red card too).

Never seen that - though one of my aunts said it made her cry too. For me its Schindler's List. That scene near the end where his workers present him with some jewellery they made from their own possessions just gets me every time. 😭

1) Will any of our deadline day signings start? Not sure as he did throw Bolasie and Fisher straight in however more likely Kebano starts and Mendez-Laing comes on from bench

2) Will Britt try and put himself in the shop window and up his game?

I hope so until Fletcher is back fit 

3) Will/can we win?

Tought Brentford are unbeaten in 19 and haven't lost in league since October. However that has to end at some point why can't this be at the Riverside. We have the squad capable. 

Team line up 

Bettinali 

Fisher.   Fry.  Mcnair.     Bola

Howson.   Morsey

Bolasie.       Watmore.    Kebano 

Britt 

Edited by DurhamRed

I imagine Kebano will, I reckon Mendez-Laing might be on the bench.

With Britt, he has to really work hard and prove to potential buyers that he's worth the investment, worth the wages he is going to want or I think he's gonna be disappointed in what he ends up with, one way or another. He's got a point to prove. He's not done it often enough this season for a man of his talents. One of my biggest peeves with him is after watching him under Warnock last season, I know for a fact there is a good team forward in there... but compare that to most the rest of his career with us and we've never really seen that. He either needs to bang in the goals (which means he's probably going to have to significantly improve his conversion rate in this team) or he needs to really help others into the game.

Will/can we win?

There aren't many teams we can't win against in this division and to be fair, we've given these a game twice this season and we certainly held our own against one of the best strikers in the division back then, as we did in our last game too. Away at Norwich was one thing, but this is a home game and we need to make the Riverside a difficult place for people to come again.

Will we win? I'm going to have to be convinced of that. If we can beat these and beat them well (not necessarily by a high score-line), we could set up the remainder of our season well.

Last year, I managed to get round to watching Schindler's List and Dead Poet's Society for the first time, I can't remember which order that was in but both of those, especially the former, absolutely killed me by the end.

I reckon Kebano will start, NML on bench.

I’d prefer Bolasie starts as a striker tbh, but if Britt starts hopefully he turns up (and let’s Kebano take free kicks) 

Will/can we win?

Brentford flying at the minute, they’re gonna get beaten at some point though. I think we’ll put on a much needed good showing at home - not sure it’ll be enough to win, but I’ll go for an optimistic 2-1 win 

Forced to watch “The Queens Corgi” on Netflix recently - so bad, it brought me to tears