oneBoro Forum

Boro V Brentford 1-4 (Raya OG)

Last time I predicted a Home win we lost 3 nil to Rotherham, so sorry about that.

This is getting harder as well, we finally appear to have an abundance of pace, creativity and power in the final third and I get a little twinge when I think of how we may line up. However, Paddy will still hoof the ball from kick off, we will still spend and first 45 minutes playing long ball percentage football to a bunch of midgets and Bettinelli is, well Bettinelli.

Brentford are a quality team, if we are serious about the play offs then we really need to win this, especially after our recent home form.

Unfortunately Brentford are a polished machine. They play good football and have proper quality upfront.

We don't win this, we don't even draw. 3-0 Brentford and we finally accept our mid table mediocrity.

Have that.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Brentford fan here. What an odd game. Felt the Boro had bigger chances to be honest. Main reason I wanted to come on here was to say that during the 20 game unbeaten run, the Boro games were 2 wh

Boro V Bees Sat 6th Feb 15:00 Riverside Stadium Introduction Well after a age of transfer markets not to mention Deadline Days that have left me as disappointed as a 16yr old boy t

Drury's mic today     

Posted Images

Betti

Fisher Fry Paddy Bola

Morsy Howson Sav

Kebano Watmore Bolasie

i usually would not play that midfield 3 at home but v Brentford I feel we need to be tight but at same time I feel we have enough with them 3 up top to ask questions of them on the counter.

We need to show bit more adventure with the front 3 this Saturday than we did v Norwich

I unfortunately have us down to lose this one. Just purely based upon Brentfords form. However, please, please, please prove me wrong boro!

My team:

Bettinali 

Fisher.   Fry.  Mcnair.     Bola

Saville.   Morsey

Bolasie.       Watmore.    Kebano 

Fletcher 

On 2/3/2021 at 2:39 PM, Uwe said:

1. Will any of our deadline day signings start?

2. Will Britt try and put himself in the shop window and up his game?

3. Will/can we win?

4. When was the last time you cried at a film? (Think mine was The Champ)

1. I think Kebano will start.
2. Hopefully as it'll help us at the same time.
3. There is always a chance, personally I'd take a draw. I expect a similar performance to the Norwich game, but would like us to be a bit more positive going forwards. Drop the 3rd central midfielder, get numbers forward on the break and lets not leave our lone striker completely isolated for a half.
4. Genuinely can't remember. Few have mentioned Schindler's list and the scene where he claims he could have "saved more", but for me the most powerful part is seeing all the real life survivors and the actors that portrayed them at his grave in Jerusalem.

11 hours ago, TheJew said:

Last time I predicted a Home win we lost 3 nil to Rotherham, so sorry about that.

This is getting harder as well, we finally appear to have an abundance of pace, creativity and power in the final third and I get a little twinge when I think of how we may line up. However, Paddy will still hoof the ball from kick off, we will still spend and first 45 minutes playing long ball percentage football to a bunch of midgets and Bettinelli is, well Bettinelli.

Brentford are a quality team, if we are serious about the play offs then we really need to win this, especially after our recent home form.

Unfortunately Brentford are a polished machine. They play good football and have proper quality upfront.

We don't win this, we don't even draw. 3-0 Brentford and we finally accept our mid table mediocrity.

Have that.

Although I agree, I'm legally obliged to do the following as Wilson hasn't yet...

bitch slap GIF

• Haha 2
  • Thanks 1
16 hours ago, TheJew said:

Have that.

Wouldnt suprise me if they did pass rings around us but defeat here wont define our season. Fully expect Brentford to be top 2.

Who is going to be playing CB if fry is potentially out 😵. This game is going to be abit like Norwich however Brentford are better at attacking. We will sit back and counter attack them which should work to good effect now we have pace and power on the wings.  Also we need to try win freekicks on the edge of the box as Kebano is lethal 

16 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

Who is going to be playing CB if fry is potentially out 😵. This game is going to be abit like Norwich however Brentford are better at attacking. We will sit back and counter attack them which should work to good effect now we have pace and power on the wings.  Also we need to try win freekicks on the edge of the box as Kebano is lethal 

Dijksteel would be my guess.

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

Probably whoever is closer to full fitness between Hall and Dijksteel I would think 🤔 

6 minutes ago, Blanco said:

Probably whoever is closer to full fitness between Hall and Dijksteel I would think 🤔 

Hall won't play I don't think, NW is planning on giving him 90 mins in the u23 game on Sunday.

5 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Hall won't play I don't think, NW is planning on giving him 90 mins in the u23 game on Sunday.

I thought he said the 90 minutes was depending on if he uses Hall and Fletcher on Saturday ? I could have picked it up wrong though 

7 minutes ago, Blanco said:

I thought he said the 90 minutes was depending on if he uses Hall and Fletcher on Saturday ? I could have picked it up wrong though 

Ah you're right. Just seen the full quote.

“I’m hoping he will play Sunday with the U23s if he isn’t needed on Saturday. I want him to have 90 minutes with Ashley Fletcher as well. The U23s play Leeds - weather permitting - and I'd like them to get 90 minutes there ideally before I throw them back in.

On 2/3/2021 at 2:39 PM, Uwe said:

Will any of our deadline day signings start?

Will Britt try and put himself in the shop window and up his game?

Will/can we win?

When was the last time you cried at a film? (Think mine was The Champ)

I think Fisher will be tasked on another man marking job on Fosu, Bolasie may get some time but I think Johnson will be preferred if Bola is doing a man marking job on Canos. The synergy between Bola and Johnson may not be spectacular but it works. Kebano will probably get the right wing Spence berth.

Let's hope Britt does a Viduka and plays his socks off between now and the end of the Season looking for a contract. I suspect he will helped no doubt by having more attacking players of greater ability around him.

I think we will win, both our games previously against them didn't show a huge gulf. Their unbeaten run is impressive but they all end sometime and each game becomes a game too far. We showed against Norwich that we can do a job, I think tomorrow we will go one further than we did against Norwich.

Last time I had a lip wobble was "watching the Bucket List".