oneBoro Forum

Boro V Brentford 1-4 (Raya OG)

3 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

To the bloke complaining about being negative. What on earth have you seen to take anything positive? The mentality or lack of is disgusting for a team sitting just outside the play off places 

We’ve literally created 3 clear cut chances that should be scored. All sitters. We had the same amount of shots on target as them...they scored 4. That’s the difference. How many teams create several clear cut chances against Brentford? Not many. They are 20 games unbeaten. What are you honestly expecting? 

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Brentford fan here. What an odd game. Felt the Boro had bigger chances to be honest. Main reason I wanted to come on here was to say that during the 20 game unbeaten run, the Boro games were 2 wh

Boro V Bees Sat 6th Feb 15:00 Riverside Stadium Introduction Well after a age of transfer markets not to mention Deadline Days that have left me as disappointed as a 16yr old boy t

Drury's mic today     

Posted Images

I still maintain this team when fully fit with Tav in the midfield and Fry in defence will be a very good one. I’m usually very negative in defeat but I don’t understand it at all today. 

• Like 1
Just now, Smokedsalmon said:

The fact there are still people trying to act as if this is a one-off.

Mental stuff that people are happy to keep plodding with this. Mental.

We have better players now .... If we started the first game after the window closed v any other team, and we would have won with this effort ...

Brentford will get auto promoted  as league winners

7 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

I’m probably one of the more negative ones on here 😂. I think we’ve actually played quite well today. Warnock can’t be blamed for his players missing 3 absolute sitters. We’ve created the chances, just no one can finish them

Surely he’s accountable for the *** football though? And the negative substitutions when 3-1 down? 

Well played Brentford best side in the league I hope they finish as Champions as they deserve it. A well run club, recruitment policy they have the perfect footballing strategy. We missed Fry alot, the first goal was Offside. Kebanbo and Bolasie showed what they will do against worser sides in the coming weeks. Saville missed glorious chances along with Britt yet again. That's the difference between where we are and where Brentford are when they have a chance they have composure pick out the spot bang goal. We snatch at chances far too much 

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Given the third and fourth goals were shockers from us, I absolutely think that could be the case.

The fact that the chances fall to Saville is the issue. We have two widemen who can create and Assombalonga and Saville getting in the box. We are crying out for either a 10 to support Britt or at least a more naturally attacking midfielder to get in the box. 

8 minutes ago, Whoppy said:

Absolutely. It’s fine margins it’s just unravelled for us now. 
i think we have genuine cause for optimism with the attacking options and Fry and Tav to come back. For me the second half of the season starts next weekend against Derby, where we need a win 

All well and good having attacking options but if you’re just going to hoof the ball at them what’s the point?

1 minute ago, J.T. said:

Surely he’s accountable for the *** football though? And the negative substitutions when 3-1 down? 

3-1 down with 10 minutes to go doesn't leave you a lot to play for.

1 minute ago, BoroSmoggie said:

We’ve literally created 3 clear cut chances that should be scored. All sitters. We had the same amount of shots on target as them...they scored 4. That’s the difference. How many teams create several clear cut chances against Brentford? Not many. They are 20 games unbeaten. What are you honestly expecting? 

I was expecting a loss by a couple of goals, but I am disappointed with the chances we wasted.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, alexutb said:

Sorry, what exactly did Warnock do wrong today? Am I misreading this post? Not exactly Warnocks fault that we can't finish easy chances

The fact he continues to start Howson Saville and morsy together at home? The fact we defended our own box only the second we went in front? 
The fact he didn’t bring any of those midfielders off when we were losing and thought Djed Spence and Chuba Akpom were the answer? 

Shall I go on because there’s more?

• Like 2

A really weird (and disappointing) game.

I expected Brentford to be better than us...and they were. But I don't think they were 3 goals better today.

They are definitely technically and tactically superior. Boro got a somewhat fortuitous goal very early and had to defend for most of the rest of the first half.

Started brightly and could have taken the lead, but then our midfield and defence began to creak and while Boro missed chance after chance, Brentford were utterly ruthless and picked us apart almost at will by the end.

So strange that Boro arguably created the better, more clear-cut chances, yet were soundly beaten.

True their keeper had a great game (despite being credited with Boro's goal) but so many times our players missed absolute sitters, or else shot straight at him. Could also call this a game of 2 keepers, with Rayas mostly in great form, or else spared by atrocious finishing. While Bettinelli made 1 great save, another decent one, but other than that looked awful.

I feel we could and should have got a draw out of this, but we were so poor in front of goal, that even on the rare occasions we were able to actually get shots off, our chances went begging.

Our midfield's failure to get a grip on the game for large periods probably also exposed our defence more than usual.

Edited by AnglianRed
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, A21 said:

The fact that the chances fall to Saville is the issue. We have two widemen who can create and Assombalonga and Saville getting in the box. We are crying out for either a 10 to support Britt or at least a more naturally attacking midfielder to get in the box. 

Your granny could have scored two of the chances Saville had, they were harder to miss than score.

• Like 1

Honestly the meltdown after boro lose... 

if you really expected us to go and beat Brentford today then I think people need to wake up

New signings played well, McNair slip was just unlucky, Brentford now on a 20 game unbeaten run. 

Finishing was poor today but now fingers crossed we have the quality to improve on that. Onto Derby next week.

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, Oslo_Syd said:

3-1 down with 10 minutes to go doesn't leave you a lot to play for.

So just bow down to Brentford and give them the 3 points then?

also it was a lot more than 10 mins to go when those subs were made