oneBoro Forum

Boro V Brentford 1-4 (Raya OG)

The thing that gets me is we need to start passing the ball alot more and retain possession like Brentford and these other sides at the top do. As we seem to lose the ball to quick for my liking. Need to be more composed have slow buildup we have the players for it now. As we simply just run up the wings cross it in hope for best. Or we pass back to Bettinali from halfway line who boots it up field normally staight to their keeper. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Brentford fan here. What an odd game. Felt the Boro had bigger chances to be honest. Main reason I wanted to come on here was to say that during the 20 game unbeaten run, the Boro games were 2 wh

Boro V Bees Sat 6th Feb 15:00 Riverside Stadium Introduction Well after a age of transfer markets not to mention Deadline Days that have left me as disappointed as a 16yr old boy t

Drury's mic today     

Posted Images

The concern for me about our missed chances is that they fell to Saville and not to our recognised Strikers. Assombalonga was a waste of a shirt, alone, isolated and incapable of doing anything other than staying centrally. Warnock may as well not play a Striker and play another midfielder or go 442 with split strikers (with a bit of pace). Akpom was more effective when he came on but by the time we played slow passes in the build up we were marked rendering it pointless.

The eternal passing back killed me and McNair's dithering slip killed us. What on earth is the point in passing back when all Bettinelli does is then hoof it aimlessly usually putting it out or conceding possession. The CB's may as well ping it down the wings in the hope that a Red shirt will be there. 

Brentford are a far better side but our build up play was slower than Captain Tom lapping his garden. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, TeaCider24 said:

Screenshot_20210206-170822_Scores.thumb.jpg.548630af46543bb0c98aaa0d20b81427.jpg

More ambition?

We had an absolute barrel full of opportunities today. Those shots on target do not count the opener either.

The manager cannot legislate for players missing chance after chance, after chance.

The way people are going on, you'd think we'd cowered in our box for 90 minutes.

The substitutions can rightly he criticised, they're often bizarre, but in no way did we not go for it today.

I agree with this, my point is just with an extra attacking player on the pitch instead of the midfield three of Morsey, Howson and Saville then those opportunities stand a better chance of being converted.

9 minutes ago, J.T. said:

So just bow down to Brentford and give them the 3 points then?

also it was a lot more than 10 mins to go when those subs were made

True. My bad, it was double that. But "bow down" is needlessly dramatic. I don't think any substitution at that point would have made much difference, In fact, I don't even know why NW bothered.

Can some please use the phrase ‘Rose Tinted’ I need it for my buzzword bingo 😉

About the game.... I am really angry about the result, I only get this feeling if I feel it’s not right/fair etc for want of a better phrase. So I’ll sum this up as best as I can

Bettenelli is a really poor keeper although he did pull off a worldly of a save that still ultimately went in. 

But of all the stats the one that really tells the story is the shots on target (SOT) 

Boro-6 SOT

Brentford-6 SOT

They scored 4 goals and we scored zero. 
In the middle it was even stevens give or take but that finishing of ours really needs to improve. 

Also attitude needs to change. Britt sauntering off when he was subbed when we are 3-1 down is unforgivable. And some of our decision making sometimes is baffling. 
Brentford were ok, Toney was immense. Their keeper was either immense or lucky I can’t figure it out just yet

Anyway I’m gonna watch the tiny to cheer myself up but even that isn’t great just now 

4 minutes ago, A21 said:

I agree with this, my point is just with an extra attacking player on the pitch instead of the midfield three of Morsey, Howson and Saville then those opportunities stand a better chance of being converted.

I wouldn't disagree, but Tavernier is probably the ideal player to slot in and he's injured.

Mendez-Laing didn't even come on, so he's clearly not up to it yet.

Spence is awful, Coulson is awful, Watmore coming on earlier would have been good.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

The thing that gets me is we need to start passing the ball alot more and retain possession like Brentford and these other sides at the top do. As we seem to lose the ball to quick for my liking. Need to be more composed have slow buildup we have the players for it now. As we simply just run up the wings cross it in hope for best. Or we pass back to Bettinali from halfway line who boots it up field normally staight to their keeper. 

Long ball is never sustainable. Im surprised we have went that way. NW wanted pace but pace doesn't matter when don't have possession. 

This was always a tough game, but its time to play like we want top 6. 

9 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Do you enjoy watching the style of football that we play?

I enjoy being in and around the play offs. Some teams are no where near the playoffs, and this squad shouldn’t be either. Fingers crossed these signings can make an impact and we have a chance, top half would’ve been realistic at the start of the season imo, and I’m the same as everyone else I want a chance at promotion but I don’t think we could’ve got a better manager to give us a better chance. I’d rather be challenging for the play offs with warnock than playing “good football” and mid table everyday.

• Like 3
9 minutes ago, White Band said:

I prefer it to the ball just being passed endlessly around the back four, which is what happens when teams try to play out from the back without the level of technical skill needed.

And they are the only two options are they?

2 minutes ago, Duvel said:

We got played off the pitch for the majority of the game today. 

Let's be honest. 

In the first half, I would say so.

I genuinely don't see it in the second half. Which is ironic considering that's when we conceded 3.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Ben J said:

I’d rather be challenging for the play offs with warnock than playing “good football” and mid table everyday.

Those 2 points aren't mutually exclusive. You can play good football and be challenging for promotion at the same time.

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, alexutb said:

If Saville had buried either of the two/three *** easy chances he had, you'd be saying the opposite. 

We're playing the best team in the league by a country mile, you reckon we should've just pushed on and tried to score more when we're one nil up? Just sounds like you're scapegoating

What makes them the best team in the league by a country mile?