• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Brentford fan here. What an odd game. Felt the Boro had bigger chances to be honest. Main reason I wanted to come on here was to say that during the 20 game unbeaten run, the Boro games were 2 wh

Boro V Bees Sat 6th Feb 15:00 Riverside Stadium Introduction Well after a age of transfer markets not to mention Deadline Days that have left me as disappointed as a 16yr old boy t

Drury's mic today     

Posted Images

20 hours ago, Borodane said:

I have only seen the highlights so I'll have to just hope that those with positive things to say are right. But it was not fun to look at those highlights. Our defence was almost as bad as the pitch! And am I the only one who thinks that McNair is starting to show that he is not really a defender? I'd much rather see him in midfield. It was only highlights but those 10 minutes showed horrorshows from Saville and McNair. Important game against Rooney County on saturday. Need to win that one. 5 points off playoffs and we can't really afford to lose much more ground if we want to get in there.

If you want to look at it positively, you could say it was an example of a new line-up learning to play together, against the team with the best / longest unbeaten run in the league.

Only the most optimistic of us would have expected to get a result.

What worried me is that Warnock seemed to be trying to stick to the tried, tested and sometimes successful formula of simply not conceding first half. Lots of long ball and dogged defending.

Just my opinion here but it began to fall apart 2nd half as our players tired...or maybe Brentford simply figured out how to out-play us.

On the few occasions Boro did actually play the ball on the ground, we looked like a completely different team and created a number of great chances. However we were let down by awful finishing (combined with some good saves by their keeper).

So, it might just be the new guys needing time to gel with the rest of the team. But I'm worried our problems run deeper than that.

I wish we could play McNair in midfield as I think his passing / crossing ability would be more of an asset there. However he has been pretty solid in defence more often than not. Don't think anyone came out of this game with much credit, other than Bolasie & Kebano.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, AnglianRed said:

If you want to look at it positively, you could say it was an example of a new line-up learning to play together, against the team with the best / longest unbeaten run in the league.

Only the most optimistic of us would have expected to get a result.

What worried me is that Warnock seemed to be trying to stick to the tried, tested and sometimes successful formula of simply not conceding first half. Lots of long ball and dogged defending.

Just my opinion here but it began to fall apart 2nd half as our players tired...or maybe Brentford simply figured out how to out-play us.

On the few occasions Boro did actually play the ball on the ground, we looked like a completely different team and created a number of great chances. However we were let down by awful finishing (combined with some good saves by their keeper).

So, it might just be the new guys needing time to gel with the rest of the team. But I'm worried our problems run deeper than that.

I wish we could play McNair in midfield as I think his passing / crossing ability would be more of an asset there. However he has been pretty solid in defence more often than not. Don't think anyone came out of this game with much credit, other than Bolasie & Kebano.

That is the problem with NW and BORO as a team, predictable, very predictable and I don’t think it’s going to change anytime soon. 

• Confused 1