oneBoro Forum

Boro V Brentford 1-4 (Raya OG)

1 minute ago, DevKWat said:

The fact he continues to start Howson Saville and morsy together at home? The fact we defended our own box only the second we went in front? 
The fact he didn’t bring any of those midfielders off when we were losing and thought Djed Spence and Chuba Akpom were the answer? 

Shall I go on because there’s more?

Ah yes, so who else would you play in the middle? Or would you play two holding midfielders for the first time, against the best striker and team in the league? Hind sight is a wonderful thing. 

We still created more then enough chances to get something from the game. Even win the game. Because we lost you will only see the negatives and exaggerate them. Did you expect us to win against a team 20games unbeaten?

• Like 3
  • Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Brentford fan here. What an odd game. Felt the Boro had bigger chances to be honest. Main reason I wanted to come on here was to say that during the 20 game unbeaten run, the Boro games were 2 wh

Boro V Bees Sat 6th Feb 15:00 Riverside Stadium Introduction Well after a age of transfer markets not to mention Deadline Days that have left me as disappointed as a 16yr old boy t

Drury's mic today     

Posted Images

I can’t see us getting in the play offs whatsoever If I’m honest but even if we did what would be the point? Look at how we’re setting up against the so called “stronger teams” than us. We’d just be there to make up the numbers and get battered out of sight. 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Whoppy said:

I still maintain this team when fully fit with Tav in the midfield and Fry in defence will be a very good one. I’m usually very negative in defeat but I don’t understand it at all today. 

For me the problem is we are woefully short at the CB position. We really have Hall and Fry as CB’s at the club. McNair is learning the role and then it’s people out of position.

The lack of experience shows in the way we are dragged all over the place by simple movement.

The man marking hinders is against mobile opposition.

still not a fan of the keeper seems to really struggle to get down.

• Like 1
Just now, TeaCider24 said:

Your granny could have scored two of the chances Saville had, they were harder to miss than score.

And yet he missed them. Because it doesn’t come naturally to him. He jabbed at the first with his wrong foot then tried to smash the second when he had a bit more time. Like I said initially, we shouldn’t rely on the likes of Saville to score the goals to win us games, we need more attacking players on the pitch. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, JMC91 said:

5 defeats in last 8, scored 6, conceded 13. Failed to score in 4.

Playing terrible football.

He’s funny though isn’t he. 

I didn't mind the football at all today, it was an enjoyable game from both teams. Chances galore.

Score any of those chances and it's a different game.

Brentford deserved their win, though not the margin, but they've consistently been one of the best teams in the Championship for years.

The Rotherham defeat this isn't.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Ben J said:

Honestly the meltdown after boro lose... 

if you really expected us to go and beat Brentford today then I think people need to wake up

New signings played well, McNair slip was just unlucky, Brentford now on a 20 game unbeaten run. 

Finishing was poor today but now fingers crossed we have the quality to improve on that. Onto Derby next week.

Do you enjoy watching the style of football that we play?

12 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

Remember all of you saying .. before a ball was licked ... Not the end of the world losing this ... Now it's changed to "season over" .. give your head a wobble

Haha it happens every time we play a good team. Probably the same people who said they’d be happy with a top half finish this season. Yet now want Warnock out because we are 7th 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, BoroSmoggie said:

Ah yes, so who else would you play in the middle? Or would you play two holding midfielders for the first time, against the best striker and team in the league? Hind sight is a wonderful thing. 

We still created more then enough chances to get something from the game. Even win the game. Because we lost you will only see the negatives and exaggerate them. Did you expect us to win against a team 20games unbeaten?

Do I expect 7th in the league to give 3rd in the league a good go at home and not play 3 defensive midfielders? Absolutely. 

I didn’t expect us to beat Brentford but I expect a play off chasing team to have far more ambition about them than we seem to have. 

• Like 3

I’ll reiterate my earlier comment that if we’d had the opposition keeper and they had Bettinelli, we’d have won the game. 
I don’t get the hoofball comments. Paddy could have hoofed it up, but instead he tried to keep it and slipped over. And multiple other times in games I see us press and win the ball back then try to keep it. It’s the keeper that hoofs it when it goes back to him.
For me, we lose when we let the opposition have a few shots on target, because Bettinelli is really that bad. 

• Like 5
3 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

The fact he continues to start Howson Saville and morsy together at home? The fact we defended our own box only the second we went in front? 
The fact he didn’t bring any of those midfielders off when we were losing and thought Djed Spence and Chuba Akpom were the answer? 

Shall I go on because there’s more?

If Saville had buried either of the two/three *** easy chances he had, you'd be saying the opposite. 

We're playing the best team in the league by a country mile, you reckon we should've just pushed on and tried to score more when we're one nil up? Just sounds like you're scapegoating

• Like 2
1 minute ago, DevKWat said:

Do I expect 7th in the league to give 3rd in the league a good go at home and not play 3 defensive midfielders? Absolutely. 

I didn’t expect us to beat Brentford but I expect a play off chasing team to have far more ambition about them than we seem to have. 

But we did give them a good go? 4-1 flatters them. We created 3/4 golden opportunities where it was harder to miss. You’re going on like we didn’t create a chance and didn’t lay a glove on them. 

As you didn’t answer my question, who would you have played in the 3? Hackney?

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

Screenshot_20210206-170822_Scores.thumb.jpg.548630af46543bb0c98aaa0d20b81427.jpg

More ambition?

We had an absolute barrel full of opportunities today. Those shots on target do not count the opener either.

The manager cannot legislate for players missing chance after chance, after chance.

The way people are going on, you'd think we'd cowered in our box for 90 minutes.

The substitutions can rightly he criticised, they're often bizarre, but in no way did we not go for it today.

• Like 7
1 minute ago, J.T. said:

Do you enjoy watching the style of football that we play?

I prefer it to the ball just being passed endlessly around the back four, which is what happens when teams try to play out from the back without the level of technical skill needed.