oneBoro Forum

Boro V Brentford 1-4 (Raya OG)

1 minute ago, TeaCider24 said:

I wouldn't disagree, but Tavernier is probably the ideal player to slot in and he's injured.

Mendez-Laing didn't even come on, so he's clearly not up to it yet.

Spence is awful, Coulson is awful, Watmore coming on earlier would have been good.

Yeah Tavernier is who I think should play that role, or possibly put Watmore as a deeper lying forward. With the attackers we’ve brought in I’d really like to see us go with a more adventurous line up for the rest of the season.

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Brentford fan here. What an odd game. Felt the Boro had bigger chances to be honest. Main reason I wanted to come on here was to say that during the 20 game unbeaten run, the Boro games were 2 wh

Boro V Bees Sat 6th Feb 15:00 Riverside Stadium Introduction Well after a age of transfer markets not to mention Deadline Days that have left me as disappointed as a 16yr old boy t

Drury's mic today     

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Oslo_Syd said:

True. My bad, it was double that. But "bow down" is needlessly dramatic. I don't think any substitution at that point would have made much difference, In fact, I don't even know why NW bothered.

Really? We had over 20 mins to go. One goal and we were right back in it... 

2 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Those 2 points aren't mutually exclusive. You can play good football and be challenging for promotion at the same time.

I get that 100%, with the likes of Brentford and Norwich.

But I think with the resources we have now, and the managers that would be available, it wouldn’t be possible. 

Eddie Howe (etc) wouldn’t see Boro as an appealing job I don’t think.

7 minutes ago, Ben J said:

I enjoy being in and around the play offs. Some teams are no where near the playoffs, and this squad shouldn’t be either. Fingers crossed these signings can make an impact and we have a chance, top half would’ve been realistic at the start of the season imo, and I’m the same as everyone else I want a chance at promotion but I don’t think we could’ve got a better manager to give us a better chance. I’d rather be challenging for the play offs with warnock than playing “good football” and mid table everyday.

So there’s absolutely no scenario where you can play good football and be challenging for the playoffs?

Honestly, reading on here you'd think 433 is the only formation a team can play. Constantly asking the question of who else should play in the 3 it not saville, morsy and howson? Don't play a three is the answer. If you're playing a 3 in the centre of the park you expect to see us control the midfield which we NEVER do. Play another attacker like a 21st century team FFS. 

I don't think we were that bad today by  the way, we created chances but we were poor at the back and poor in finishing and both cost us. But the fact is, Warnock plays a very dangerous game. If his style of football is producing results it's fine and everyone is happy. But when things turn bad like they have recently, he has nothing to hide behind. He cant come out and say we try to win, or that we play good football or that we entertain. It's just losing and losing without style. 

• Like 4
Just now, J.T. said:

So there’s absolutely no scenario where you can play good football and be challenging for the playoffs?

Obviously, but with the resources we have and the managers available, I’d say we have a better chance with warnock than someone else, who would you want in charge?

2 minutes ago, Ben J said:

I get that 100%, with the likes of Brentford and Norwich.

But I think with the resources we have now, and the managers that would be available, it wouldn’t be possible. 

Eddie Howe (etc) wouldn’t see Boro as an appealing job I don’t think.

If anything it highlights how crap we are run from top to bottom. We have just as many, probably more, resources as Brentford over the years. They've been savvy and we've spanked it all up the wall. When they change manager they hire a new manager to fit their profile. We flip flop between styles that often requires an entire overhaul of the squad.

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, Ben J said:

Obviously, but with the resources we have and the managers available, I’d say we have a better chance with warnock than someone else, who would you want in charge?

Brentford have done alright with limited resources...

14 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Honestly, reading on here you'd think 433 is the only formation a team can play. Constantly asking the question of who else should play in the 3 it not saville, morsy and howson? Don't play a three is the answer. If you're playing a 3 in the centre of the park you expect to see us control the midfield which we NEVER do. Play another attacker like a 21st century team FFS. 

I don't think we were that bad today by  the way, we created chances but we were poor at the back and poor in finishing and both cost us. But the fact is, Warnock plays a very dangerous game. If his style of football is producing results it's fine and everyone is happy. But when things turn bad like they have recently, he has nothing to hide behind. He cant come out and say we try to win, or that we play good football or that we entertain. It's just losing and losing without style. 

I know it won't happen but I'd like to see us return to a Karanka style 4-2-3-1. 

On another note, I don't consider myself to be any kind of footballing expert, but watching us recently I get the impression we expend so much effort trying to close opponents down and it results in us looking knackered for most of the 2nd half.

Its like Warnock puts so much emphasis on us just stopping the other side from scoring, we hardly play any attacking football until the 2nd half. Which sometimes is too little, too late and in any case hands the initiative to our opponents.

A bit like Klopp and his Gangnam...Gungan...gegenpress style? In as much as the players can only keep it up for so long, then when they start to tire, thats when the opposition can get at us.

Edited by AnglianRed
Just now, J.T. said:

Brentford have done alright with limited resources...

How many years have they took though? They’ve had the same transfer model for years and only now are going to get promoted. We were just above the relegation zone last year and now we’re 7th.

Just now, AnglianRed said:

I know it won't happen but I'd like to see us return to a Karanka style 4-2-3-1. 

We have the players for it. We also have the players to play 442 or 343 or 352. But 433 can be attacking with the right tactics and instructions. Just won't get that here.

• Like 1

2 of Brentford’s goals literally came from long balls. There 3rd obviously being a mistake from Paddy. They hardly blew us away with ‘nice football’. They had more possession but most of that was between there CB’s.

• Like 2
Just now, AnglianRed said:

I'd love us to go back to 4-2-3-1.

Bettinelli

Dijksteel, Fry, McNair, Bola

Howson, Tav, Morsy

Kebano, Britt, Bolasie

That in my opinion is probably our best line-up as it it stands.

• Like 3

Stuffed is what the scoreline reads, enough said. Anyone can talk about IF,s all day but be it this game or past we lost them. We move on to the next game and at the end of the season we will look for a better next season. That’s the way the BORO rocks.