oneBoro Forum

Boro V Brentford 1-4 (Raya OG)

2 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

First one was a long ball over the top. There second was a long ball lumped into the box.

There’s a massive difference between a diagonal ball directed to the head or chest of their centre forward in and around the area and the aimless hoofed balls to nobody that we pay witness to every weekend. 

• Like 3
  • Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Brentford fan here. What an odd game. Felt the Boro had bigger chances to be honest. Main reason I wanted to come on here was to say that during the 20 game unbeaten run, the Boro games were 2 wh

Boro V Bees Sat 6th Feb 15:00 Riverside Stadium Introduction Well after a age of transfer markets not to mention Deadline Days that have left me as disappointed as a 16yr old boy t

Drury's mic today     

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, J.T. said:

There’s a massive difference between a diagonal ball directed to the head or chest of their centre forward in and around the area and the aimless hoofed balls to nobody that we pay witness to every weekend. 

I mean yeah, I agree we do lump it up aimlessly a lot of the time. Even if does get to Britt he never controls the ball down and brings others into play. But my point was more that the goals they scored were hardly amazing. Simple tactics, and hardly tika-taka on the edge of our box. Toney just sniffs chances and takes them. 2 goals and an assist for him today. 

3 minutes ago, Ben J said:

See my most recent post. I couldn’t imagine comparing Pulis football to Warnocks.

Fair enough. Each to their own. In my opinion Warnock’s football is every bit as tedious and mind numbing as Pulis’ was. As I said, all I want to be able to do is enjoy watching the team I support but unfortunately, I don’t enjoy watching endless amounts of hoofed balls. If I did, I’d just go down to the local park every Saturday instead. 

• Like 1
Just now, J.T. said:

Fair enough. Each to their own. In my opinion Warnock’s football is every bit as tedious and mind numbing as Pulis’ was. As I said, all I want to be able to do is enjoy watching the team I support but unfortunately, I don’t enjoy watching endless amounts of hoofed balls. If I did, I’d just go down to the local park every Saturday instead. 

I get that, I personally enjoy Warnocks style and trying to be effective but when Bettinelli boots the ball to no one for the 10th time I get fans frustrations. Let’s hope for a result next week.

• Like 1

Some storylines to be written here. Woodys Bournemouth beat us to the play offs. Patrick Roberts scoring the winner next week. Moggas high boot Blackburn finish above us. Any of Warnocks former teams making us drop points. Not excited for Sheff Wed beating us in the third til last game of the season. 😬

It's key now to keep the bulk of this squad together next season, replacing Saville, Britt and Bettinelli.

Then if we manage that we can have a proper go. This season is literally about transition.

Keeping the new Congo boys will be important.

• Haha 1
Just now, TheJew said:

It's key now to keep the bulk of this squad together next season, replacing Saville, Britt and Bettinelli.

Then if we manage that we can have a proper go. This season is literally about transition.

Keeping the new Congo boys will be important.

I think so too. Next season will be really interesting. Especially with the manager situation which I pray warnock keeps on.  Bettinellis contracts up so I have a suspicion he may come back. Hopeful we can get an advanced midfielder but wouldn’t be surprised if not. God knows what’s gonna happen with who we bring in out wide.

I can’t help but feel the keeper gets far to much stick!

He organised the back line pretty well most of the season. 

His kicking isn’t great but I’d say that’s more to do with our strike force are poor in the air and we’re terrible at picking up the second ball!

Just now, Alves car salesman said:

His kicking isn’t great but I’d say that’s more to do with our strike force are poor in the air and we’re terrible at picking up the second ball!

I think the reaction with Bettinelli today has been unnecessary but he’s the weirdest keeper I’ve seen for a while. He can make a worldy save and palm one into his own net.

2 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

What a pretty sh*t weekend. BORO stuffed and England beat by Scotland. Oh and chicken salad at my daughters for dinner.. 

It’s gonna got a lot worse when I report you for mixing households 😳

(This is obviously a joke as I have no idea of your personal circumstances 😉)

4 minutes ago, Alves car salesman said:

Pretty difficult for our strikers to do anything when 50% of his kicks go straight into touch, another 25% go straight through to the other keeper and the final 25% are alright.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Ben J said:

I get that, I personally enjoy Warnocks style and trying to be effective but when Bettinelli boots the ball to no one for the 10th time I get fans frustrations. Let’s hope for a result next week.

I personally don’t mind getting beat by playing well but playing well under NW is as rare as rocking horse sh*t. 
I didn’t  expect us to push on with new signings, fact I expected to go backwards which we did by getting beat by more goals then the previous game. New players need time to reach match fitness and gel but that’s not the excuse for today, obviously. 
I find NW complex in his line ups, substitutions and timing of them and he may have won points but he has thrown away many playing weaker opponents. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
5 minutes ago, Uwe said:

It’s gonna got a lot worse when I report you for mixing households 😳

(This is obviously a joke as I have no idea of your personal circumstances 😉)

Nope you don’t but to ease your mind my daughter is on her own with children. Husband works in the UAE so a perfectly legal bubble.